For the star guys

I think you're lost on this subject, and your head is completely in the sand, which is preventing you from seeing the bigger picture. 1st of all just because theres a correlation between recruiting rankings, success in college, and higher draft selection/frequency, that doesn't prove definitively or conclusively that theres a fundamental or core difference between players who are ranked 4 & 5 stars & their lower ranked counterparts. The reason for this is because in college the level of statistical variance is so high, that it prevents an accurate/fair analysis or comparison from being conducted between the higher ranked players & the rest of the the recruiting pool. It is absolutely a misconception to think that by limiting the analysis to only 4 & 5 star players who play for the most elite power 5 teams, we will be able to derive enough information to then extrapolate those findings on to the rest of the data in order to reach a definitive conclusion. At best that type of analysis is incomplete/inconclusive, and at worst it is extremely lazy. Because elite teams are able to hoard 4 & 5 star talent, it prevents the rest of the power 5 schools from having rosters that are evenly distributed, when it comes to recruiting rankings. This is not the case in the NFL, where each yr the worst team in the league picks 1st in the following draft. This in addition to the salary cap/revenue sharing, is why there is far greater parity in professional sports than in college. It is parity that is most critical when attempting to perform an analysis or comparison. You have to at least compare apples to apples, or NFL caliber talent to other NFL caliber talent. Try to compare Clelin Ferrell to Khalil Mack..I dare you. Of course you won't even dream of doing that..because you & I both know your entire argument will fall down like a deck of cards.

I also find it odd that you think when NFL outcomes fail to align with recruiting rankings & draft selections, it's not an indictment on star rankings as a whole. Do you realize that even 247, which is currently the standard for recruiting rankings, has explicitly stated/claimed in their methodology that their ratings are also reflective of NFL pro potential as well??? It's also absurd to suggest that college coaches are typically not concerned with NFL outcomes. 1st of all..college program prestige and tradition are commonly evaluated with respect to how many of their players have successful careers in the NFL. Secondly..many prospects consider this heavily in their decision regarding which program to ultimately play for. Furthermore it's also not by chance that the greatest period in MIA program history existed when the school earned the moniker 'NFL U'. Which brings me to my next pt..in order for MIA to recapture the glory of it's past, it has never been about recruiting rankings, PEDs, or bags. It is about NFL caliber coaches that evaluate and develop talent based on NFL criteria & metrics. It's simply not a coincidence that with the exception of 20-25 yrs when MIA was run like an extension of an NFL team, the majority of this program's history has been nothing short of a dumpster fire.

Finally..i'm curious to know what makes you believe talent is more important in college football than coaching? You would think that after being a fan of a program that has had woeful coaching for the past 20 yrs, you would finally begin to understand how important coaching is..but I guess not. I'm sure you realize that because we're dealing with 18-22 yr old kids, the essential nature of the sport is predicated around development. Not only that..if coaching wasn't more important than talent, then Clemson and Bama wouldn't be paying their HCs $9.5 mil /yr. If coaching wasn't more important than talent..then PMR would be able to take Clemson's or Bama's roster to the CFB or championship game. I know you don't seriously believe that..because it's so ridiculous its not even worth further discussing. Maybe it's time to finally change the adage that you love to recite so proudly on this forum to.."Without X's & O's, Jimmy or Joe, become jus another hoe"
You sound insane. Have a drink.

Advertisement
Stars dont matter if you get the right three stars and two stars.
I'll tell u why this is false. Let me pick 22 5🌟 and u can select 22 3 and 2🌟 players. I guarantee my team beats u 99. 9% of the time. That's bc the bust rate is significantly higher with 3 and 2🌟 than it is 5🌟

I'll tell u why this is false. Let me pick 22 5🌟 and u can select 22 3 and 2🌟 players. I guarantee my team beats u 99. 9% of the time. That's bc the bust rate is significantly higher with 3 and 2🌟 than it is 5🌟
No you wont, the patriots avg rating for their starters in the superbowl was 2.7 stars. 'll just give you my QBs Big Ben, Ryan and Rodgers.

No you wont, the patriots avg rating for their starters in the superbowl was 2.7 stars. 'll just give you my QBs Big Ben, Ryan and Rodgers.
Lmao what a horrible example. The Patriots are an outlier. How many other teams do u see doing what the patriots do in the NFL? Uhm zero lol.

We are speaking about CFB anyway. So I'll take Alabama vs your New Mexico. I'll win every time.

Low key, this thread just proves how far we’ve fallen. No other elite program is justifying missing on 4 star & 5 star players. This is the epitome of where we r at. We’re juiced at borderline 4 star guys, calling 3 star guys elite EVERY cycle, while teams like Bama, OSU, and Clemson r arguing that they missed out the #1 ranked player at their position and had to settle for the #2 ranked player.

What’s going on, man? If ANYONE thinks stars don’t matter in CFB, then u have convinced yourself, unknowingly, that Miami will never be back. Elite Coaching and/or elite players matter in college sports. It’s either you have to have elite coaching (see Gary Patterson) or elite players (see Larry Coker) that’ll drive the ship...and if u have elite coaching w elite players (see Saban, Dabo, Meyers) then it’s pretty much a wrap.

Advertisement
Low key, this thread just proves how far we’ve fallen. No other elite program is justifying missing on 4 star & 5 star players. This is the epitome of where we r at. We’re juiced at borderline 4 star guys, calling 3 star guys elite EVERY cycle, while teams like Bama, OSU, and Clemson r arguing that they missed out the #1 ranked player at their position and had to settle for the #2 ranked player.

What’s going on, man? If ANYONE thinks stars don’t matter in CFB, then u have convinced yourself, unknowingly, that Miami will never be back. Elite Coaching and/or elite players matter in college sports. It’s either you have to have elite coaching (see Gary Patterson) or elite players (see Larry Coker) that’ll drive the ship...and if u have elite coaching w elite players (see Saban, Dabo, Meyers) then it’s pretty much a wrap.

Palabra

Lmao what a horrible example. The Patriots are an outlier. How many other teams do u see doing what the patriots do in the NFL? Uhm zero lol.

We are speaking about CFB anyway. So I'll take Alabama vs your New Mexico. I'll win every time.

The rams star avg was 3.3

Some of y'all need to get your heads out of your asses.

One by one, I will dismantle all of the star whores arguments on this forum, as it pertains to recruiting rankings being the ultimate truth in predicting player outcomes. Starting with you and your friend..

Advertisement
One by one, I will dismantle all of the star whores arguments on this forum, as it pertains to recruiting rankings being the ultimate truth in predicting player outcomes. Starting with you and your friend..

Youre going to have a tough job dismantling the argument.

Keep focusing on outliers, eventually you'll crack the code, I guess.

I know that you're unable to seriously refute a single thing that I'm saying, but at least take the L like a man, and not like an elitist star *****.
you’re trying too hard. Be better. Evolve. And stop sputtering inane blather.

you’re trying too hard. Be better. Evolve. And stop sputtering inane blather.

What i'm saying appears to be inane blather, because believe it or not, you're actually one of the biggest STAR WHORES in the history of this forum! But putting aside straw-men arguments, and ad hominem attacks..can you seriously challenge anything that I'm saying?? It actually takes hard work to understand why recruiting rankings don't matter. You have to read empirical PHD level research to understand that. Simply memorizing recruiting rankings, and overemphasizing their importance, doesn't make you knowledgeable. It makes you indoctrinated.

Last edited:
Youre going to have a tough job dismantling the argument.

Keep focusing on outliers, eventually you'll crack the code, I guess.

It's not about focusing on outliers. It's about understanding that there are numerous variables & factors that ultimately influence & determine whether a player ends up being successful or not. Limiting the analysis to teams like Clemson or Bama and their players, is not going to help us to derive/discern anything meaningful about the state of recruiting or player outcomes as a whole. Clemson & Bama are elite at many things besides just acquiring 4 & 5 🌟 talent. This is precisely why it is so important to analyze the different variables/factors at the NFL level. Because in the NFL, the differences between the best teams and the worst teams are not as stark. This is the pt that the porsters on this forum can't seem to grasp. They're under the misguided belief that if only MIA could have the best classes each yr, according to the recruiting agencies, we'll surely be back. They don't seem to understand that MIA dominance, was a direct consequence of NFL caliber coaches being able to properly assess/evaluate & develop talent based on NFL criteria & metrics. The greatest players in this program's history, not only were elite college players, but also ended up being great in the NFL. This is where the moniker 'NFL-U' originated from, and is what fundamentally separates MIA of yesteryear & Bama of today. In the last 10+ yrs, Bama has managed to compile the most #1 classes according to the recruiting agencies. Despite this..the majority of their players do absolutely nothing at the next level-why is that?

MIA is a program that was built on substance, not flash. Blood, sweat, & tears..not entitlement. MIA itself is an outlier-how many other microwave dynasties do you know of? It doesn't make sense to shy away from recruiting the outliers-they're exactly the type of players we currently lack, if you ask me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back