For the lolz, Nole Edition

Advertisement
While I agree they are stupid fans. If I am an FSU fan, nothing I have seem from anyone besides Clemson scares me right now. FSU is playing like a top 5 team.

While I agree they are stupid fans. If I am an FSU fan, nothing I have seem from anyone besides Clemson scares me right now. FSU is playing like a top 5 team.

you must've missed the BC game a couple weeks ago...

Advertisement
http://floridastate.247sports.com/Board/36/Deja-Vu-and-Miami-22094052/1

A sampling

I really don't see a way that Miami beats us. They just don't have either the talent or the depth to come in to Doak and beat us

Miami is a decent team far from a complete team though, we shouldn't lose this game because we have a more talented and disciplined team

:rollcanes:

I don't get the laughter. Its a very subjective question, and FSU is an excellent team. We're a good football team, but not where we need to be yet, and pretty much 90% of objective people would say we're the 3rd best team in the ACC right now.

Great thing though is anything can happen in a football field, and we get to play them.

you must've missed the BC game a couple weeks ago...

Saw that 14 point win, on the road. Also saw us, at home, with a similar 15 point win vs. GT (we were down 10). Also saw the greatest college football team of all time come thisclose to losing to a marginal BC team in 2001. All great teams have a mediocre or off day. You can't selectively point to the one day that makes you happy and call yourself objective. FSU eviscerated a ranked MD team 63-0 last week. Even if you think MD was WILDLY overrated at #25, beating even the 60th best team 63-0 is insane.

I respect them, and I am excited to see if we can pull the upset.

They're playing really good ball right now and effen famous jameis is playing like a 5th yr senior. This is going to be a tremendous challenge that I am certain we will be up for. But Winston's mobility and extended plays has me worried. If our dline can continue the pressure they've been applying all season then we got ourselves a good chance of coming out with a W. If not, this may be a shoot out like few others in this rivalry.

FSU, Opponents total defense stats , Nevada #117, BC #78, Pitt #54, Maryland #22, Bethune C. not ranked. Miami,Opponents total defense stats, Florida #2, GT #20, FAU #36, South FL #40, Savanah St not ranked. Total offense, Maryland #47, Nevada # 51, Pitt# 69, BC #94 and Bethune not ranked. BC who is ranked 94 put up 30 plus against FSU. They have not come close to playing a decent team. Which of these teams should they not have destroyed? Buy the way Miami is #1 in kickoff return,and # 2 in passing yards allowed.

Advertisement

A sampling

I really don't see a way that Miami beats us. They just don't have either the talent or the depth to come in to Doak and beat us

Miami is a decent team far from a complete team though, we shouldn't lose this game because we have a more talented and disciplined team

Miami is far from a complete team?

10th in scoring offense (109th in time of possession by the way)
12th in scoring defense

5th in yards per play
13th in yards per play allowed

13th in turnover margin

4th in sacks
8th in sacks allowed

5th in total 3rd downs

16th in 1st downs allowed per game
13th in opponents 3rd down conversion rates

1st in kickoff return average
18th in opponent kickoff return average allowed

What exactly do we not do well?

Through five games Miami has played four top 40 defenses compared to one for FSU. Maryland was the one and their wins came against FIU,Old Dominion,Uconn and WV who just gave up 70 too Baylor.

A sampling

I don't get the laughter. Its a very subjective question, and FSU is an excellent team. We're a good football team, but not where we need to be yet, and pretty much 90% of objective people would say we're the 3rd best team in the ACC right now.

Great thing though is anything can happen in a football field, and we get to play them.

Kick some dirt Dooshbag Nole.

I don't why Canes' fans are surprised at the nole nation for having these sentiments. They've won the last three games. Overall, they are more talented than our Canes. Are they vastly more talented than us? No, I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned, they have had the better team for the majority of our matchups, yet the scoreboard reflected something completely different when the clock hit triple zeroes. I say let them talk that foolishness. It makes beating that *** so much more sweeter especially doing it at Doak Campbell Stadium at Bobby Bowden Field. As the great Keith Jackson said after the '91 game, " there are Canes dancing all over Doak Campbell Stadium." History has a way of repeating itself. The Canes will dance again in Tallahassee this year.

Advertisement

A sampling

Miami is far from a complete team?

10th in scoring offense (109th in time of possession by the way)
12th in scoring defense

5th in yards per play
13th in yards per play allowed

13th in turnover margin

4th in sacks
8th in sacks allowed

5th in total 3rd downs

16th in 1st downs allowed per game
13th in opponents 3rd down conversion rates

1st in kickoff return average
18th in opponent kickoff return average allowed

What exactly do we not do well?

We score to quickly.

I'm more worried about UNC than FSU to be honest. We will be up for that game and looking for payback....UNC may surprise.

i know that them ****s up there troll hard and are generally retarded.

however, those two posts aren't good samples of the homers up there. matter of fact, we saying the same thing about other teams.

Advertisement
It is great to see they are thinking about us with Clemson coming up before us. Some of them think we are no problem; others remember. like me, all those games in Tally were we ripped their little bitty hearts out with the chant and chop as background. Either way we win. Either they are overconfident and clueless what is coming, or they have wide rights in their heads.

Lets be honest. They do have more depth and more 5 star players.

But I think we can beat them. We finally have a defense. Last year we played them close with our worst defense ever.

Advertisement
Back