Off-Topic For the Beer Lovers.....

Advertisement
I got a chance to hit up the new Dogfish Head brewery in Wynwood. They took the old Concrete Beach brewing spot. Pretty basic, not a huge selection but I'm chalking that up to it being brand new. Hopefully they'll be releasing some new stuff in the coming months. Hit up J Wakefield afterwards and they had some fantastic choices with a lot of them available in cans to go. They're my favorite Dade brewery by a mile.

Been getting Other Half mixed 24 packs shipped directly to door. Order on Saturday-Wed, arrive Thursday. Free shipping.

Think they have some top notch NE IPA's.

Also been drinking some Imprint out of Hatfield, Pa. They're known for their Haze IPA's and heavily fruited sours(Schmoojees) but they make some great stouts as well.

Was down in Delaware a few weeks ago(fully vaccinated) and hit up Blue Earl Brewing. Nut Sauce( gotta love the name) is a 14% peanut butter stout that is like Thor's hammer when it hits you. Dewey Brewing and Revelation are solid down there also.

Been getting Other Half mixed 24 packs shipped directly to door. Order on Saturday-Wed, arrive Thursday. Free shipping.

Also been drinking some Imprint out of Hatfield, Pa. They're known for their Haze IPA's and heavily fruited sours(Schmoojees) but they make some great stouts as well.

Was down in Delaware a few weeks ago(fully vaccinated) and hit up Blue Earl Brewing. Nut Sauce( gotta love the name) is a 14% peanut butter stout that is like Thor's hammer when it hits you. Dewey Brewing and Revelation are solid down there also.
Are you in NYC for the OH delivery?

Are you in NYC for the OH delivery?

No, they ship to PA, DC, VT, VA, KY, NY, NH.

Love the free shipping...some places are charging 35$. Depending on how many DIPA's are in the mixed 24, a case can range from 110-120ish, but that averages out to ~$5/16oz can. Well worth it.

Double edged sword is that you get 6 4pks of different beers, but if you really love one, you only have 4. C'est la vie.

Advertisement
@wspcane they have a nice mixed 24 in their store right now...you don't get to pick and choose, it is of their selection..but i haven't been really disappointed by any of the beers...the ' worst' one i had was still really good

@wspcane they have a nice mixed 24 in their store right now...you don't get to pick and choose, it is of their selection..but i haven't been really disappointed by any of the beers...the ' worst' one i had was still really good
Man, I wish I could take advantage. I am in Atlanta. Georgia is a pain in the *** when it comes to getting beer shipped. Wine is not a problem but the distributors have made the state a three tiered nightmare for breweries.

Man, I wish I could take advantage. I am in Atlanta. Georgia is a pain in the *** when it comes to getting beer shipped. Wine is not a problem but the distributors have made the state a three tiered nightmare for breweries.

That sucks. When Covid hit and the lockdown commenced a lot of breweries in this area took to shipping to at least bolster their revenue. Even Tired Hands does it now but their prices are outrageous.

Speaking of, have you been keeping up with all the backlash vs. some breweries, TH being a focal point? Not sure if you're on Twitter, but ratmagnet (the twitter handle) brought a lot of things to light and it snowballed.

That sucks. When Covid hit and the lockdown commenced a lot of breweries in this area took to shipping to at least bolster their revenue. Even Tired Hands does it now but their prices are outrageous.

Speaking of, have you been keeping up with all the backlash vs. some breweries, TH being a focal point? Not sure if you're on Twitter, but ratmagnet (the twitter handle) brought a lot of things to light and it snowballed.
It is sad and unsurprising. Some real **** people in the industry, with endless access to alcohol, and propped up as some form of celebrities, or at least in their own mind. Definitely a ton from Georgia were named. I knew the people at Scofflaw were and are POS, and heard about Akademia taking on the guy who beat the **** out of his gf. Didn’t hear about any of the others, but it will certainly guide where I spend future dollars.

Advertisement
It is sad and unsurprising. Some real **** people in the industry, with endless access to alcohol, and propped up as some form of celebrities, or at least in their own mind. Definitely a ton from Georgia were named. I knew the people at Scofflaw were and are POS, and heard about Akademia taking on the guy who beat the **** out of his gf. Didn’t hear about any of the others, but it will certainly guide where I spend future dollars.

i read through this whole thread earlier today, and had seen where you mentioned Scofflaw and you didn't want to support them..ironic how it comes to fruition..

You're not wrong when it comes to people in the industry being viewed as demigods from craft beer fanatics(Shawn Hill, etc). I worked beer shows for years and saw abhorrent behavior from both vendors and attendees so yes, unsurprising and sad.

i read through this whole thread earlier today, and had seen where you mentioned Scofflaw and you didn't want to support them..ironic how it comes to fruition..

You're not wrong when it comes to people in the industry being viewed as demigods from craft beer fanatics(Shawn Hill, etc). I worked beer shows for years and saw abhorrent behavior from both vendors and attendees so yes, unsurprising and sad.
My first issue with them was really right after they first opened, and really just **** customer service, nothing serious. I bought a six pack of Basement (hazy IPA). Two cans looked and tasted like malt bombs, two were right and two were somewhere in the middle. I sent them an email, didn’t put it on any form of social media, and just wrote an FYI, bought a six pack and said the taste and look inconsistencies. Didn’t even ask for a replacement pack. The owner emailed me back and told me to drink macro if I want a consistent product, then posted it on Facebook with a picture of the entire staff throwing a bird up at the camera, and making every excuse under the sun (small tanks, experimenting with recipes, last choice of hops?). Meanwhile, they had to outsource their brewing to Brewdog up in Ohio because they were so incompetent. So I stopped buying their beer at that point, but then all of these other extremely ****ed up stories started coming out which really reaffirmed my first decision.

My first issue with them was really right after they first opened, and really just **** customer service, nothing serious. I bought a six pack of Basement (hazy IPA). Two cans looked and tasted like malt bombs, two were right and two were somewhere in the middle. I sent them an email, didn’t put it on any form of social media, and just wrote an FYI, bought a six pack and said the taste and look inconsistencies. Didn’t even ask for a replacement pack. The owner emailed me back and told me to drink macro if I want a consistent product, then posted it on Facebook with a picture of the entire staff throwing a bird up at the camera, and making every excuse under the sun (small tanks, experimenting with recipes, last choice of hops?). Meanwhile, they had to outsource their brewing to Brewdog up in Ohio because they were so incompetent. So I stopped buying their beer at that point, but then all of these other extremely ****ed up stories started coming out which really reaffirmed my first decision.

Seems like a professional response.

Seriously though, what a bunch of douches.

st

Was the peanut butter stout actually peanut buttery? Most of the time I get strong peanut flavor but not actual peanut butter flavor. Funky Buddha made a batch of "Don't tell Reece" peanut butter stout when they first opened the Oakland Park brewery and it was glorious. Ever since then, they haven't been able to match that flavor. Most of the time they end up tasting like Mr. Goodbar and not a Reece's cup. Still tasty but not the same thing.

Advertisement
Was the peanut butter stout actually peanut buttery? Most of the time I get strong peanut flavor but not actual peanut butter flavor. Funky Buddha made a batch of "Don't tell Reece" peanut butter stout when they first opened the Oakland Park brewery and it was glorious. Ever since then, they haven't been able to match that flavor. Most of the time they end up tasting like Mr. Goodbar and not a Reece's cup. Still tasty but not the same thing.

I have 2 left, and I'm going to have to get back to you on that. I thought peanut butter but it's been 3 weeks since i had it.

This sucks. Now I'm going to have to drink one.

P.S. Not tonight though, maybe this weekend.

Advertisement
No, they ship to PA, DC, VT, VA, KY, NY, NH.

Love the free shipping...some places are charging 35$. Depending on how many DIPA's are in the mixed 24, a case can range from 110-120ish, but that averages out to ~$5/16oz can. Well worth it.

Double edged sword is that you get 6 4pks of different beers, but if you really love one, you only have 4. C'est la vie.
****, I wished they shipped to FL! I do see Other Half on Tavour from time to time at least.

****, I wished they shipped to FL! I do see Other Half on Tavour from time to time at least.
They have now changed how the mixed 24pk is sold, and for the better. It used to be 6 4 packs of their choice. Now they offer about 10 different beers, and you select which 6 you want. Really digging it.

They have now changed how the mixed 24pk is sold, and for the better. It used to be 6 4 packs of their choice. Now they offer about 10 different beers, and you select which 6 you want. Really digging it.
They just did a drop in Atlanta. May have to buy a 4 pack or two. I haven’t been drinking as much beer lately, so worry I won’t get to them fresh.

They just did a drop in Atlanta. May have to buy a 4 pack or two. I haven’t been drinking as much beer lately, so worry I won’t get to them fresh.
i have toned down as well. trying to only have on Sat/Sun lol and not much then, so case lasts me a month

Advertisement
Back