For Coach’s Mom - Flowers/Donation

Advertisement
Great idea. I think pooling together a lot of money for flowers sent to Hecht could come together fairly quickly.

I can see a LOT of folks pitching in towards this, so may I suggest: earmark a nice chunk for flowers, and perhaps consider donating any excess to a charity that the Cristobals hold dear in his mother's name.

Just a thought. If anyone has connections within the program that would know of a charity the family supports, that would help.

Advertisement
I can see a LOT of folks pitching in towards this, so may I suggest: earmark a nice chunk for flowers, and perhaps consider donating any excess to a charity that the Cristobals hold dear in his mother's name.

Just a thought. If anyone has connections within the program that would know of a charity the family supports, that would help.

Agreed. I would (jokingly) recommend that we not utilize any of the airplane banner guys, but entrust someone with connections like @SpikeUM or @Brooklyndee or @SWFLHurricane .

Cap the amount at X, all extra goes to a charity or cause, and maybe we even do a GoFundMe.

Not really sure how this works …. I got it started though. Gofundme says my fundraiser is still under review.

Open to all ideas/suggestions. RIP Clara Cristobal

Last edited:
Not really sure how this works …. I got it started though. Gofundme says my fundraiser is still under review.

Open to all ideas/suggestions. RIP Clara Cristobal

Does anyone know if an obit has run in The Herald? If so, the obits often list a donation to a charity or cause "in lieu of flowers", though we could also arrange some limited flowers to be delivered by someone with connections.

Agreed. I would (jokingly) recommend that we not utilize any of the airplane banner guys, but entrust someone with connections like @SpikeUM or @Brooklyndee or @SWFLHurricane .

Cap the amount at X, all extra goes to a charity or cause, and maybe we even do a GoFundMe.
Entrust Me??.....Last time I was entrusted I ran with the dough and did this....
img_2_1646502786478.jpg

Advertisement
Hate to see this fizzle out, I think it's one of the better causes CiSpool has tried to help with.

1. Can a maude or admin pin this to the top for the next few days for maximum visibility.

2. Can someone who knows someone who has some legit insider access please try to find out if there's a charity the Cristobal family supports?

3. It seems @cookies has already started a gofundme. I have no reason to doubt you brother (other than being a complete stranger on the internet), but most people are going to want to know that their donation will ultimately go towards flowers for the Cristobal family and a charitable donation in his mothers name. So again, we're going to need someone with connection to the family or program to help facilitate this.

If nothing else, just knowing which charity the proceeds should go to would be enough. Then you could update the description on the gofundme and after 5-7 days you make sure whatever is donated is received by the charity we end up choosing, and provide a screenshot or something as proof so everyone is satisfied.

Not a lot of time to drag our feet on this, let's try to make it happen. I'll pitch in $50 once we have a verified charity and the gofundme is updated.

MM-080-2T.jpg

I feel that sentiment. Reason why I started it was because I used to work for this site. For that reason I figured I’d be a good medium to do it.

Gofundme is still reviewing my donation page (meaning it won’t let me edit/delete it right now either).

A donation to the Saint Augustine Catholic Church in Coral Gables is the way to go.

Last edited:
I feel that sentiment. Reason why I started it was because I used to work for this site (Kyle L). For that reason I figured I’d be a good medium to do it.

Gofundme is still reviewing my donation page. I have no ego about this and will go in whatever way is the best direction
I thought your name looked familiar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back