Off-Topic For Canes Twitter Folks...LAZ

Advertisement
A lot of small breeds are very temperamental, dachshunds and chihuahuas come to mind. If they were the same size as Pits/labs/retrievers they could be very nasty animals.

There are endless breeds of domestic dog and when you chose labs/retriever as a comp, it belies the point that their size dictates lethality more than breed.
But size very literally is an important factor in dictating the level of danger. Yeah if you have a ******* lion as a pet vs a house cat, it's going to be more dangerous.

Advertisement
Pit Bulls absolutely can be great. My family has had quite a few. But compare it to a golden retreiver and there is literally zero debate which dog is more aggressive.
My sister had a pit bull for like 8 years that recently had to be put down because of cancer and he literally wouldn't bite anything, like not even play biting.
Then she got 2 bullies from when they were puppies. Not even like 6 months old and one started literally attacking it's "sister" and when on a walk you could tell was ready to **** up any dog that got near it on a walk... They even got a trainer, and the day the trainer was dropping the dogs back off after multiple weeks it bit the trainer who was holding her leash trying to attack the other one. They decided to re-home the non-aggressive one because it would be easier. The aggressive one literally can't be around any other dogs. But you can have a bunch of kids playing with it and it's perfectly gentle....

I mean sure maybe a lot of it is nurture not nature, but if one breed of dog takes a lot more training to ensure it isn't aggressive compared to literally every other dog, that should telling you something. And the other thing is when they do get aggressive, it's usually a much worse result than if other breeds do.
I believe it's mostly nature. Many pits get backyard, trash bred with no standards or culling. And the results speak for themselves. 2 summers ago I got a pit mix puppy from the shelter, that dog would lose its **** every now and then. Bit my daughter 2x. Took him back within 5 months.

Bought a papered lab puppy from a small time breeder of bird dogs, gave him the same training as the pit mix, and he's perfectly behaved. A wonderful dog. I don't attribute that to my training, but his natural temperament.

This was premeditated. Not to defend that moronic law but just because he felt bad afterwards doesn’t mean it was in self defense.
he brought a concealed weapon before the fight. You can’t use deadly violence in defense if the harm threatening you isn’t deadly. He’s also gonna have to prove self defense and the video makes it rough.

Advertisement
I ran into him a few times and just chatted before games and so on. Having said that, he did this to himself. There is no doubt that was attempted murder in my mind or at least from what I’m reading anyway. Going for somebody’s neck with an edge and claiming self-defense is a tough sell.

I’m an aminal lover myself, but people have lost all sense of proportion regarding animals and their standing with respect to humans.

They are still animals, and as much as we want to anthropomorphize them, they’re not humans.

We can love them and try to take care of them, but people still come first.

Animals and people are not equal.
I love my smallish, non-violent Havanese dog but ... you are spot on!

Advertisement
Geez 😱 I remember getting into a twitter debate once with him about politics, nothing hostile, but he seemed like someone who can get unglued kinda easy.
He sure did love to EAT! All those pics of massive food servings he was always posting on Twitter.

This guy getting out on stand your ground loopholes does not make not a POS, but if it makes you feel better for having some beers with him at a tailgate...whatever makes you sleep at night.

I once golfed with OJ at the Miccosukee...and was a nice guy (really)...but he's still a murderer and general POS.
I feel like this is obligatory when talking about OJ

Advertisement
I believe they overchaRged Zimmerman.

That's if you believe that Zimmerwoman was the one defending Himself, which I don't.

I mean, you're pursuing a kid who you perceive to be a threat, yet when that threat "jumps out the bushes" on you, you have a choice between a cellphone & a gun, and you said you chose to pull out your cellphone and call 911 in front of this threat??? Nahhhh, Zimmerwoman pulled out His gun, Trayvon saw the gun, and not knowing who this "creepy a$$ cracka" was, and it was on...similar to what happened to Ahmaud Arbery.

I know plenty of people that I only have nice things to say about. It doesn’t imply that I would lend them $100,000 or invite them into my home. He was always nice to me and I to him in return. He’s a Cane and that buys a certain amount of kindness with anyone.
If that guy actually DID use a taser stick on the dogs in his home ... that pretty much clarifies that he is some kind of low life trailer trash. Robbed a bank? Really? And now he takes a concealed weapon, goads a guy into taking a swing at him, and uses his concealed weapon to stab him IN THE NECK? In the neck?? Jugular / carotid ... sure sounds like grounds for 1st degree murder charges. Sounds like a legit POS.

Advertisement
Back