For anyone who wants to see free solo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Already made my plans to go see the rock on the 18th of May will stay in that area for a couple of weeks. Gotta go back to Sequoia too. We'll take the hike to the bottom of it to get some pics and video looking up. There are a couple of other parks close by we haven't been to, we'll check them out too.

Advertisement
Documentary was awesome. The cat scan part was pretty funny to me. Easy to tell the dude is not wired like a normal person.

He's not wired like a normal person I agree, that might be a good thing. Doesn't watch much tv, doesn't get sucked into all the BS of the world. Travels all over and has fun as much as possible. Sounds like something I would like, but not the climbing. lol He spends a lot of time in Yosemite in the spring and around nature.

Love the way he ate directly from the skillet, and exercised constantly.
Rehabbed from ankle injury in record time.

He did not want people around, enabling him to get his head together.
This dude did the climb, WHEN he wanted rather than them telling him when it would work for the photographers. That is why he failed out on the first go, he needed control, and a clear head, and I am convinced that he would have fallen if he forced it, before calling it on the first try..

Don't forget a few weeks before his fellow climber and friend, fell to his death on a free solo.

Much respect for a guy who captured his dream.

One last thing.....I wonder if he learned what it is to relax. Guy was wound pretty tight.

Dude definitely won though.

Advertisement
Half dome a while back. My stomach gets knots in it watching this. He'll be there in May, hope I get to see him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back