For All You Guys Ridin' Dirty

Advertisement
Great advice.
The number of people I represent for serious charges which start with an expired tag, suspended license, or some other minor traffic violation is incredible. The traffic violation is the excuse to approach the car, which in turn leads to, "I smell marijuana" which is the legal justification to search the car. Then the gun under the seat becomes a problem, or the unrelated arrest warrant results in an arrest.
Make sure all your lights work and follow Tad Footeball's original advice.
Keep your tag up to date, don't drive on suspended license, pay attention to your driving, don't carry illegal substances in your car and avoid carrying a gun unless you have your license.
Pretty simple stuff to avoid being a blip on the data chart and used in the political arena as an exhibit.
#usecommonsense

Keep your tag up to date, don't drive on suspended license, pay attention to your driving, don't carry illegal substances in your car and avoid carrying a gun unless you have your license.
Pretty simple stuff to avoid being a blip on the data chart and used in the political arena as an exhibit.
#usecommonsense
The only reason my business exisets as a criminal defense attorney is because people drive with illegal substances and guns in their cars.
But you are correct that some simple measures would improve one’s odds of not being caught.
The thing that upsets me is the number of cops who use “I smell marijuana” as the basis to avoid a warrant or consent. To most judges it doesn’t even matter if the cop finds marijuana because simple “smelling” marijuana provides legal basis for the search.

Advertisement
The only reason my business exisets as a criminal defense attorney is because people drive with illegal substances and guns in their cars.
But you are correct that some simple measures would improve one’s odds of not being caught.
The thing that upsets me is the number of cops who use “I smell marijuana” as the basis to avoid a warrant or consent. To most judges it doesn’t even matter if the cop finds marijuana because simple “smelling” marijuana provides legal basis for the search.
Then keep the maryjauana in the house. It's not that hard to avoid being a jackass

#usecommonsense
Amazing what happens when you don't break law(s).

remarkable in MOST cases (yes..yes..there are always exceptions...yes..yes..)

Then keep the maryjauana in the house. It's not that hard to avoid being a jackass
You are missing my point, either intentionally or otherwise. The police LIE and say they smell marijuana and use that LIE as legal justification for what would otherwise be an illegal search. And even when that lie results in the recovery of a gun, or something else But no marijuana is found, the judges accept the lie as truth So the individual can still be prosecuted.
so you can make the argument, ‘well if you didn’t have the illegal _______ in the car, it wouldn’t matter if the police violated the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution giving us protection from illegal searches, as you still wouldn’t be arrested‘. But your argument doesn’t change the fact that it was an illegal search made to look legal by the lie of the officer.
and that exact lie is told many, many times every day and it’s almost impossible the prove it’s a lie because how does a suspect prove what their car did not smell like? They can’t and such is corruption within our legal system.

You are missing my point, either intentionally or otherwise. The police LIE and say they smell marijuana and use that LIE as legal justification for what would otherwise be an illegal search. And even when that lie results in the recovery of a gun, or something else But no marijuana is found, the judges accept the lie as truth So the individual can still be prosecuted.
so you can make the argument, ‘well if you didn’t have the illegal _______ in the car, it wouldn’t matter if the police violated the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution giving us protection from illegal searches, as you still wouldn’t be arrested‘. But your argument doesn’t change the fact that it was an illegal search made to look legal by the lie of the officer.
and that exact lie is told many, many times every day and it’s almost impossible the prove it’s a lie because how does a suspect prove what their car did not smell like? They can’t and such is corruption within our legal system.

Listen cane brother, I will never argue with you that there are or aren't snake law officers in our communities. You are 100% correct that they exist. My point holds true that if you avoid having items in your possession that draws attention, you have a much greater chance of avoiding said snakes. But let's be careful not to lump all law enforcement in the snake camp. There are far more who have common sense and turn a blind eye to the occasional innocent roach in the floorboard.
All the best to you brother.

Advertisement
I actually have to hand it to you here. I'm the Administrator of discipline at my high school and this situation plays out constantly. A student fires up a blunt in a bathroom and it draws attention obviously. But at the end of the day, this student is not hurting a soul. As long as it is a kid that I know is no dealer and trouble maker, I do my due diligence and move on.
I wish the legal world would use the same approach in society.

I actually have to hand it to you here. I'm the Administrator of discipline at my high school and this situation plays out constantly. A student fires up a blunt in a bathroom and it draws attention obviously. But at the end of the day, this student is not hurting a soul. As long as it is a kid that I know is no dealer and trouble maker, I do my due diligence and move on.
I wish the legal world would use the same approach in society.
Curious...

what if said student, solely alone, is shooting heroin? meth? crack? dropping acid? drinking a beer? doing shots of vodka?

can you hold firm to what you state above?

I stay strapped up 24 hours a day. I cook dinner with two pieces on me and one in a drawer in the island. No bytch will ever catch me slippin. If you come for me, you better be more quiet than a chick getting dyck from paksat.

they-see-merollin-nto-tomas-neumaticos-europeos-usados-lante-0982-50747818.png

Go Canes

Advertisement
I stay strapped up 24 hours a day. I cook dinner with two pieces on me and one in a drawer in the island. No bytch will ever catch me slippin. If you come for me, you better be more quiet than a chick getting dyck from paksat.
You and me both...Lol...Ive got a Beretta 86 and a 9mm Glock 19.....My GF has a Glock 42....F that BS.....

This is brutal....more quiet than a chick....holy shlt I’m dying

Curious...

what if said student, solely alone, is shooting heroin? meth? crack? dropping acid? drinking a beer? doing shots of vodka?

can you hold firm to what you state above?
Everything you just laid out is indeed hurting someone.. The student himself. My #1 job is to protect my students and staff. Sometimes that may mean protecting them from themselves. Smoking a joint is not in the same category as the items you list above.
I am first and foremost a protector and educator. I'm not a cop or law enforcer. I only seek to keep Students and staff safe while also ensuring that student distractors of the learning environment are minimized. Sometimes however, students will make terrible decisions that simply cannot be ignored. I think the same can be said in society to some extent.

Advertisement
Everything you just laid out is indeed hurting someone.. The student himself. My #1 job is to protect my students and staff. Sometimes that may mean protecting them from themselves. Smoking a joint is not in the same category as the items you list above.
I am first and foremost a protector and educator. I'm not a cop or law enforcer. I only seek to keep Students and staff safe while also ensuring that student distractors of the learning environment are minimized. Sometimes however, students will make terrible decisions that simply cannot be ignored. I think the same can be said in society to some extent.
I don't disagree with most of your thrusts, however all the examples you and I used are absolutely in the same category of self mental/physical state alteration.

Just haggling the degrees and methodologies at this point. The long term effects of use and abuse of all those mentioned are well documented and staggering.

Folks as yourself are put into a difficult situation making judgment calls...this is "ok" but that "isn't ok".

Noble work you do as an educator on behalf of students.

Advertisement
Back