Football Talk: UM vs. FSU

I think this comes down to the FSU Defense. They have looked totally lost without the hurry up, dual threat QB;s, except for the 2nd half of Ole Miss game. It remains to be seen how they look against an offense like ours with a very immobile QB. If they look as lost against us than they did against UNC, Ville, we win. Otherwise, i think this will be a very difficult game. For their offense, I think we can keep Cook under wraps for the most part, but if we do, Frenchy could have a good game against or CB's. I would love to see us run, run and more run and take their will. Big doses of Yearby and Walton. Get 200 on the ground and 200 in air.

Advertisement

•Lack of Communication: A clear example of this is the blown coverages vs stacks or nasty(tight) splits by the receivers. The two defenders playing the stack have to communicate and be prepared to pass off or stay on their man as the routes are distributed.

------------------------------

FSu had nothing for this vs UNC. Guys were running open all game long.

Charles Kelly is sooo bad. Half of the football heads on this board could do better than this guy. He does not deserve his salary and Richt is going to seal his coffin.

I expect very up temp and a lot of passing. Not sure we are hoping for a defensive battle here

Coaches have faith our defense won't give up 40+ so we might pull out all the stops

Our up-tempo offense will kill FSU.

Yeah I really hope for a couple of drives Richt just spreads it out with Coley, Berrios, Richards, Njoku and just lets him air it the fvck out!

You don't necessarily have to go Air Raid if you go uptempo. Go uptempo, spread them out, get them looking around and lining up late, and gash the **** out of them with the run game.

I haven't seen FSU play this year as much as you have. From what I've seen, they really struggle vs the pass and they can be OK vs the run. What I do not want to see is what you have been preaching about all year. I don't want to see us try to play their defense in a phone booth when it is obvious that they struggle with being spread out.

Also, I don't think that we necessarily have to establish the run first unless we do that out of a spread formation while running tempo. Kaaya has shown that he is a rhythm passer. I think it behooves us to get him in rhythm from the beginning.

Lastly, I think that in a game like this, Kaaya and the offense will be the key. I don't want to see listless and sackless play calling. I want to see the offense go in with a great game plan and keep the foot on the gas pedal all **** game. Keep the holes on their heels and don't let up. I would like to see our defense be a function of the offense and play fast and aggressive with confidence. This front seven should be too much for their OL to handle. I want to see our defense nail frenchy and cuck to the cross all phacking game.

Advertisement
Back