Football over let move on

I spoke to JD yesterday, He said practice will open to the public Friday the 26th or Sunday the 28th. They have already been working since the start of the month
I rolled in today without any issues. D$ actually made a cameo as well.

IMG_4642.png

Advertisement
Tonight’s scrimmage was…something.
- Herick was up and down, but not anything alarming,
- Robert pitched pretty well outside of a Scanlon(!) homer,
- Chestnutt, Diaz, and Olivera were yikes.
- Positions were very fluid in the infield. At points Cuvet was at 1B and Dorian at 3B.
- Sloppy fielding and a number of wild pitches/passed balls. JD had to stop it for a team huddle (didn’t really improve).
- Other homers from Cuvet and Costello.
- Not a great first impression for me from Urso, but small sample size.
- Still really like Kulikowski so far.

Last edited:
Advertisement
- Positions were very fluid in the infield. At points Cuvet was at 1B and Dorian at 3B.
- Sloppy fielding and a number of wild pitches/passed balls. JD had to stop it for a team huddle (didn’t really improve).
Roberts is picking up from where he left off in the winter. He is going to be one of the first arms out of the bullpen

Oliveria was our highest rated pitching recruit, and he has been terrible so far. He needs to step up asap!

Whelp at least we’re not getting filled with sunshine…. Bracing for a rough season

Blake is conspicuous by his absence - hurt already?

Advertisement
Headline reads "Football over, let's move on"

From the sounds of things, and the bball team is playing like hot garbage, I think I will just enjoy the football offseason..................ugh

Advertisement
Scrimmage thoughts:
-Rafe is looking nasty out there
-Gage worked himself in and (mostly successfully) out of trouble
-Bullpen remains alarming. I’d heard Scinta has struggled but seeing is believing
-Cuvet has power
-If you asked me who should start at SS, I’d lean Jimenez over Urso at the moment

Scrimmage thoughts:
-Bullpen remains alarming. I’d heard Scinta has struggled but seeing is believing
-Cuvet has power
-If you asked me who should start at SS, I’d lean Jimenez over Urso at the moment
Put Urso at 2nd and DH Cyr?

Scrimmage thoughts:
-Cuvet has power
Who is at 3rd? I was at practice yesterday and saw Torres working w a 1st baseball glove on. And yeah, from the drills I saw, Jimenez’s glove is filthy.

Advertisement
Who is at 3rd? I was at practice yesterday and saw Torres working w a 1st baseball glove on. And yeah, from the drills I saw, Jimenez’s glove is filthy.
It feels like they’re trying to mix and match all over the infield to find some combo of four. Blake and Torres are the only ones not really moving around much.

At 3rd today, I definitely saw Dorian, Cuvet, and Jimenez. I think Fernandez too, but don’t quote me on that. Cuvet also got some time at first.

Dorian looks much more like freshman Dorian than the sophomore version.

Scrimmage thoughts:
-Cuvet has power
This is the most promising comment yet of the pre-season, especially if it translates to a weekend rotation spot.

Advertisement
Back