Football Outsider's Rankings #12

Advertisement
Four Big 10 teams in the top ten after that league got sodomized in the bowls. Football outsiders is garbage.

Sagerin ratings had us around the same spot. Would it surprise anyone if we're left out of the AP/Coaches poll?

Sagerin ratings had us around the same spot. Would it surprise anyone if we're left out of the AP/Coaches poll?
We played like a 15-20 team the last 5 weeks of the season. Which means, we'll probably be #26 .

Advertisement
West Virginia went up 13 spots since playing us.
Yeah.... These ranking don't have much pull in my opinion.

These rankings seem based on scores of games, i.e., UF going up 22 spots on the win over Iowa.

Advertisement
Four Big 10 teams in the top ten after that league got sodomized in the bowls. Football outsiders is garbage.

There's a short explanation above the chart, but basically this is about efficiency not win/loss. Efficiency correlates with W/L, but they aren't the same. Florida moves up because they had a very efficient game, not because they won. I confess I'm at a loss as to how wvu moved up, but I assume it has to do with what they did with the awful opportunities we gave them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back