Foldin and Jethro Finally Go After A DT

I like his film at DT more than Norton's.

They play different positions. Scott is DT/SDE depending on the defensive front, where as Norton is a NT all day and twice on Saturday. It is like comparing Limes and oranges.

Go Canes

Everyday and twice on Sunday-

Apples to oranges-

Get it right

I took creative license with common puns, **** bro your a little slow on the uptake with these things apparently.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I'm glad we are in the running for this kid, but do we really have to go all the way to California to find a decent DT?

What happened to us recruiting Texas? Seems like we have abandoned that state entirely.

I'm sure there are even suitable DT prospects in the south that wouldn't mind coming here either.

I agree there are kids out there like 2015 NT Javier Edwards from Houston, TX.

The good thing about Scott is that he has southern roots (based in Mississippi) so that is good first step in projecting his future success as a dlinemen based on potential physical attributes. Which is a good because UM's last few west coast breed dlinemen did not pan out while at Miami.

Here is an article about recruiting genetics based on geography
http://www.cornnation.com/2011/3/10/2042954/where-do-the-best-college-football-players-come-from

Go Canes

Last edited:
We offer him Bartow talks to him immediately crystal balls him to Southern Cal who only has a grey shirt offer on him.

49Ners just fierd there hold coaching staff how good is there D line coach? Im just saying tho

Advertisement
49Ners just fierd there hold coaching staff how good is there D line coach? Im just saying tho

Golden should hire Jim Leavitt as Co-DC/LB coach an can Paul Williams then move Hurley to DB coach an a few key kids would be back on the UM band wagon. Along with the fan favorite move of bringing in Kevin Patrick to replace Jethro Franklin, an Patrick is a monster recruiter as well as a very good technical coach.

Go Canes

Unfortunately after reading this and the other articles I am thinking his Top 2 schools are USC (who want to Grey Shirt him) and Ole Miss (who gave him a committable $EC offer). So when Green picks USC I think Scott will land with Ole Miss an collect a little $EC type love. Because unless Ole Miss flips a DT commit from somewhere then Scott is their best option left on the board other than 2015 DT/NT Ross Donelly who is choosing between Stanford (he visits 1/16) & Ole Miss (LMAO on that one).

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/01/08/ole-miss-offers-prospect-with-huge-upside/21455401/

Ole Miss offers prospect with 'huge upside'
Riley Blevins, The Clarion-Ledger 2:53 p.m. CST January 8, 2015

Kevin Scott doesn't know much about Ole Miss.

But he knows this: The Rebels don't trek to California to recruit just anyone.

"They told me they rarely – if ever - look at players on the West Coast. They said someone has to be really, really special to recruit someone way out here," said Scott, who picked up an Ole Miss offer on Tuesday. "(Ole Miss defensive line coach Chris) Kiffin told me I have the best upside he maybe has ever seen - like huge upside. He told me that I'm better than most anyone he's recruited this year."

A glance at Scott's offer sheet doesn't suggest that.

Other than Ole Miss, the defensive tackle owns offers from Kansas State, San Diego State, UNLV and Fresno State.

There's a reason for that.

"This is my first year playing football," he said.

The 6-foot-5, 280-pounder spent his childhood and early high school years playing only basketball.

"It's not that I didn't want to play football," Scott said. "In California, to be able to play Pop Warner, you have to be a certain weight to play in each division. I was always too big to play."

Scott finally decided to go out for football his junior year, but had recently transferred to Salesian High School.

"I had to sit out because of rules," he said. "Once I finally was able to get in pads, the season was really over. So, my senior year was really my first taste of real football."

Needless to say, he impressed.

Scott logged more than 40 tackles, 18 sacks and an interception playing as a three-technique, which is an interior defensive lineman.

The college interest started coming once he posted his highlight film after the season.

"One of (Ole Miss') recruiting coordinators said he watched my film then showed it to the entire staff like right away," Scott said. "He said they all like loved it."

A scholarship was extended shortly thereafter, and Scott plans to take an official visit to Ole Miss on Jan. 30.

He'll also visit San Diego State and possibly UNLV.

"I watched (Ole Miss) play in the bowl game. I know Michael Oher went there before," Scott said. "I mean, my coaches told me it's a big time place. It is the SEC, after all."

Scott will travel nearly 2,000 miles to arrive in Oxford, but he's not concerned about the distance.

"I actually have family in Mississippi. I've never been there, but my grandmother was born there and I have some cousins there, too," said Scott, who plans to announce his decision on National Signing Day. "So, I'm sure it will feel like home, but staying close to home isn't a big deal to me."

He's also not concerned about playing time.

"That's not a factor to me," Scott said. "I'm still kind of new to football. I just want to go to a place that can make me the best I can be.

"I'm really new to this process. So it seems really crazy to me."

Here is a whole game 15 minute highlight video from Scott's team 2nd round playoff win, this video isn't centered on him so that way there is a better unbiased evaluation of his skills not found in individual player highlight videos.

Watch for #55 on the dline in the dark jersey's he also the tallest.

[video=youtube;vUw5S3lE_XU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUw5S3lE_XU[/video]

Golden should hire Jim Leavitt as Co-DC/LB coach an can Paul Williams then move Hurley to DB coach an a few key kids would be back on the UM band wagon. Along with the fan favorite move of bringing in Kevin Patrick to replace Jethro Franklin, an Patrick is a monster recruiter as well as a very good technical coach.

Go Canes

wow, Paranos finally made a respectable post. its about time.

Advertisement
Junior Alexis had no business sniffing a D1 scholly.

At least this guy has other legit offers like Ole Miss.

Not that he would be excelling if he stayed with us, but Junior Alexis was 5th on his team in tackles from the dt position this year. Yes Portland State is D1.

I hate to say it but maybe Golden was right to go out to Cali.. According to Rivals there's only 2 DT's from Florida that are 4* or 5*..

They play different positions. Scott is DT/SDE depending on the defensive front, where as Norton is a NT all day and twice on Saturday. It is like comparing Limes and oranges.

Go Canes

Apples to oranges-

Get it right

I took creative license with common puns, **** bro your a little slow on the uptake with these things apparently.

Go Canes

Na you just retarded.

Advertisement

Go Canes

Apples to oranges-

Get it right

Go Canes

Na you just retarded.

Are going to be a royal A-hole an start this bull crap again. Bro get a f-ing life already and stop stalking me it's pathetic at this point even for the bs fighting that goes on, on this site.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back