Folden & Dorito - A Defensive Match Made In ****

A healthy Cook would have hung 300 on them. And he was pretty much their only weapon coming into the game.

That offense was pedestrian all year and managed 7 points against BC and was in a death struggle with Wake. USF shut them down pretty much all day.

What do they do against us? Move at will. They should have buried us in the first half, but Folden caught every lucky break imaginable.
The play where he pulled up cause his leg started cramping was another TD. He smoked our players and no way any of them were gonna catch him if he didn't pull up.
That was the TD that would have made UM quit. Folden got every break including a hidden sniper who shot Cook in the leg as he was walking away from our defense for another long score.
Yep. He's got to be the luckiest son of a ***** in sports. Every time he's on the ropes something happens that helps him weasel out.

Advertisement
The defense let the offense down last night. One or two stops and we could have snuck out of their with a W.

No, the offense (running game) let down the defense. Pathetic. Obviously, I disagree with most of the comments on our defense. I just think Cook is that good.

And there crazy part is I still see talent on that side of the ball. Coaching has been, is, and will
Always be the issue with this defense.

There's a ton of talent on defense and a great mix of experience too. Our secondary is loaded, and so is our DL. Any competent coach would be killing with these guys.

Our LBs are only average to above-average, perhaps Grace is better because of speed. We have DEs playing LB.

The defense let the offense down last night. One or two stops and we could have snuck out of their with a W.

No, the offense (running game) let down the defense. Pathetic. Obviously, I disagree with most of the comments on our defense. I just think Cook is that good.

What have you seen over the past 5 seasons that is any indication that Golden's defense is any good at all. They get gashed repeatedly and often. Do you not remember K State, Notre dame, Duke, Georgia tech, or **** any game against a good opponent we've been embarrassed on D.

Advertisement
Golden was just massacred by a one-legged Dalvin Cook.

He drew a hobbled back and he still gimped his way all over his defense to a record-breaking evening.

Golden actually has a pattern on his defensive rankings. While at UVA and Temple he had his one aberration year where his defense was ranked in the top 20. In both instances his defensive rank immediately dropped the year after. Same thing going on now.

Look at the schedule during those years.......very telling.....just like 2013 9-4

I was surprised at how bad our defense is performing, especially since I was made to understand this is the deepest, most talented, most unified team in Al Golden's history as a football coach.

Total Defense: 62nd
Yards Per Play: 97th
Yards Per Carry: 105th
Passing Defense: 62nd
Big Plays Allowed (20+ yards): 75th
Big Rush Plays Allowed (20+ yards): 96th
Tackles For Loss: 101st
Sacks: 48th

A unit with this much talent is pretty dreadful. The entire defense is populated by 4/5 stars.

A pretty horrible return given the prowess of these guys coming in. More failures all the way around for Folden.

BUT! #1 in Pillars.
#3 in Columns.
#6 in Unity.
#2 in Crossmember supports.
#1 in Excuses.

Advertisement
I was surprised at how bad our defense is performing, especially since I was made to understand this is the deepest, most talented, most unified team in Al Golden's history as a football coach.

A unit with this much talent is pretty dreadful. The entire defense is populated by 4/5 stars.

A pretty horrible return given the prowess of these guys coming in. More failures all the way around for Folden.

BUT! #1 in Pillars.
#3 in Columns.
#6 in Unity.
#2 in Crossmember supports.
#1 in Excuses.

This is completly accurate

There were flashes last night that only made things more frustrating. Some of our guys look really good going upfield.

There were times when aqm, mccord and Thomas where all in there at once and created havoc with ease. Heck, even heurt was pulling and ripping into the backfield at times. That team is an entirely different defense when they are playing like that.

And there crazy part is I still see talent on that side of the ball. Coaching has been, is, and will
Always be the issue with this defense.

There's a ton of talent on defense and a great mix of experience too. Our secondary is loaded, and so is our DL. Any competent coach would be killing with these guys.

Yep, McCord, aqm, grace, burns, bush, elder et al are all future pros. This defense should be killing people

There were flashes last night that only made things more frustrating. Some of our guys look really good going upfield.

Lu, think how good they would be at it, if Al allowed them to go upfield more than when is he desperate. We use to live on the other side of the LOS and knew very week what to do over there.

Advertisement
If any team has a struggling QB they should find a way to schedule an Al Golden coached team.
Nothing will help his confidence more.

Thats with 2 games against FAU and BCC and the great university of Cincinnati for good measure

Advertisement
With the talent we have, we should have one of the best defenses in the country. Some nasty players on this team. All wasted thanks to Al.

IDK, personally I think all we need to do is shake each other's hands and love our brothers a little more and we'll get this thing turned right around.

Advertisement
Back