Fly. The. Banner.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish here other than defend our S&C program. That's perfectly fine. I have no issues with that.

The reality is we have had a lot of injuries- ACLs and concussions included. It's a major problem, and arguing otherwise is foolish.

You seem to be very into the topic, so if you do not think S&C is a contributing factor, what do you attribute our injuries to?

Zero ACLs this year!

Concussions- just look at other teams. It is part of the sport and every team has them. Miami had 6 that I can think of that missed games. Sucks that 3 were RBs.

I don't know what Feld runs but I can tell you that the injury numbers for 2023 are really good for Miami. It just sucks that they are concentrated at RB, QB, and DE and we came into the season with low numbers at QB and DE along with two RBs recovering from ACLs. This is were roster management is to be blamed not S&C. Why did we only have 3 QBs? Why did we only have 6 DEs (Bain, Wayne, Harvey, Mesidor, Kelly, Williams not counting 200# Moss)? The RB room was a mash unit last year and we didn't turn it over... leading to a mash unit in 2023. Bet that changes in 2024.

Now go google the top teams. OL out for the year. TE out for the year. RBs out for the year... Should we question their S&C?

Yes, I know a lot about S&C and the human body. This isn't even about S&C. It is about numbers and Miami's numbers are shockingly good for 2023.

Advertisement
Zero ACLs this year!

Concussions- just look at other teams. It is part of the sport and every team has them. Miami had 6 that I can think of that missed games. Sucks that 3 were RBs.

I don't know what Feld runs but I can tell you that the injury numbers for 2023 are really good for Miami. It just sucks that they are concentrated at RB, QB, and DE and we came into the season with low numbers at QB and DE along with two RBs recovering from ACLs. This is were roster management is to be blamed not S&C. Why did we only have 3 QBs? Why did we only have 6 DEs (Bain, Wayne, Harvey, Mesidor, Kelly, Williams not counting 200# Moss)? The RB room was a mash unit last year and we didn't turn it over... leading to a mash unit in 2023. Bet that changes in 2024.

Now go google the top teams. OL out for the year. TE out for the year. RBs out for the year... Should we question their S&C?

Yes, I know a lot about S&C and the human body. This isn't even about S&C. It is about numbers and Miami's numbers are shockingly good for 2023.

Perception isn't always reality. I can't argue against the numbers. I am not gonna go look up other teams' injuries, lol. I'll take your word for it.

It sure seems like we've been bitten by the injury bug the past few years, though.

Either way, it's a good discussion to have, especially in the off season.

Perception isn't always reality. I can't argue against the numbers. I am not gonna go look up other teams' injuries, lol. I'll take your word for it.

It sure seems like we've been bitten by the injury bug the past few years, though.

Either way, it's a good discussion to have, especially in the off season.

3 ACLs last year: Citizen, Chaney, Arroyo
1 ACL the prior year: Zion

4 out of 85 is 5% in a 2-year span. I may be missing some kids and we technically didn't have 85.

8% of NFL combine players have had an ACL surgery. (https://drrobertlaprademd.com/a-his...ligament (ACL) tears,history of an ACL injury.)

I just think we are looking at the on-field performance (7-5), seeing key positions hurting the team (DE, QB, RB), and trying to explain the underperformance due to injuries. In fact, you are 100% correct IMO that our performance suffered greatly due to those injuries BUT I would not associate those injuries to S&C and I sure wouldn't claim we have big injury numbers compared to the norm. Heck, 0 ACLs is as good as you can get.

Let's see what 2024 brings when we have the correct number of guys in those three rooms. Next, we will be looking at DB/DT as we could be weak in those rooms.

All good discussing.

How did Louisville have the better QB and team without having the better coach?

The ****e people type on here is amusing at this point.

It doesn't hurt to have 4 road games and a cake walk schedule. Miami 2024 should be similar.

Advertisement
It doesn't hurt to have 4 road games and a cake walk schedule. Miami 2024 should be similar.

It doesn't hurt, no. It's also quite lame to even consider that a reason why Louisville is playing for the Acc ship.

The coaches and players didn't make that schedule but they played it and played it well.

We had a very favorable schedule too. Results weren't close though.

Mario is stuck in a time tunnel that simply does not exist in the modern football world. There is no concept of surprise with him..it’s all straightforward. But that’s not conducive to always knowing how to win. He plays it safe but in the end it’s looser football.

Advertisement
Zero ACLs this year!

Passitback needs to say no the next time they go to pass it to him. LOL

What? This is legitimate ****** ****. FSUs whole offensive line has missed multiple games with injuries. They lost their starting LB in the first game. You don’t follow those programs near as close as you follow Miami so you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Which would make it even more of an indictment on Mario’s ineptitude.

So basically you’re telling me that FSU had major injuries and still managed to go 12-0, while Mario and posters like yourself use the same narrative to excuse him having an 11-12 overall record and 5-10 his first 2 seasons at Miami.

You cannot have your cake and eat it, too. That wasn’t the burn that you thought it would be. If anything, it proves Mario’s incompetence and lack of coaching ability.

We should have won more IMO.
I'm sure the coaching staff will do well having another year working together. As long As we keep the HC, OC, And DC together for a few seasons it should build More accountability, trust and better decision making on gameday.

That continuity did wonders for Swinney. .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back