Fly the Banner --> Here's an Idea and a Poll

Would you donate or approve of this Idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lmao youre naive. the banner didnt get golden fired. getting beat the bleep down by clemson who didnt bother to take a halftime break is what cost him his job. ask dsd why golden got fired and it wasnt bc of some idiots flying a banner
I never said it's what got him fired. You obviously didnt even read what I wrote. I said it contributes towards expedited decision making. Which is does. Idiot.

Advertisement
I never said it's what got him fired. You obviously didnt even read what I wrote. I said it contributes towards expedited decision making. Which is does. Idiot.

it absolutely doesnt, but you must believe in fairy tales. what helps is the people that donate real money to the program threaten to withhold their donations if changes arent made (golden canes saying **** off well donate elsewhere). once the big money is ****ed off, changes happen. no one gives a **** about a banner from a fanbase that rarely donates or shows up to games.

The banners absolutely had a major impact when they were first flown for golden. That **** goes all over social media, and even into the mainstream media.

The administration doesnt want negative banners flown over their events. It's the same as when controversial billboards are put up. People dont want to be publicly targeted.

Theres nothing childish about it. It shows that fans are paying attention and that something is clearly wrong.

That being said, I would never donate to a banner to some highschool kid. That would be a massive waste.

yeah so effective only took them 1.5 years to fire him after the first banner flew, not the minimal improvement capped off by a 58-0 loss but a banner

If any of it comes from anyone considered a booster (has ever given money to Miami), then it’s a problem

Besides this being a stupid ******* dumb idea to begin with

That isn't accurate. Nobody is using the manpower or time to investigate a $500 banner with no monetary ties to a recruit. If we were flying 10 banners, every recruiting weekend, taking out billboards with recruits names, etc....then maybe.

Advertisement
That isn't accurate. Nobody is using the manpower or time to investigate a $500 banner with no monetary ties to a recruit. If we were flying 10 banners, every recruiting weekend, taking out billboards with recruits names, etc....then maybe.

It’s still dumb

Advertisement
If you want someone to get fired I think a billboard near the college that every high end employee sees everyday on their drive to the school would be more effective then a 30 minute banner.

I’m against any banners at this time it’s been 6 games and could definitely see it being a negative to recruits. I like the idea of making that banner the poster nick already bought say “it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane” then add something to the end like “stay home and bring the nattys back to Miami”or “we support coach Diaz #TNM”. The negative hasn’t gotten us anything in 20 years let’s try a different approach like the dolphins and tanking.

A billboard is a great idea. Imagine a top recruit having a billboard near his high school with one those recruiting edits on them and a short message from the canes fan base. It’s positive, no NCAA violation concerns and is not a banner.

Advertisement
Back