Fly the Banner --> Here's an Idea and a Poll

Would you donate or approve of this Idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

247 Canes

Sophomore
Ok, so after talking to several hurricanes great's on the phone and in person I feel the need to share an idea which they agreed was a good idea.
So since our fan base had been called toxic, delusional, all-hype, ban wagon and etc I figured why not try to reverse that with flipping the script on our negative banners.
Would it interest anyone to fly some banners over the stadium for recruits who are on O.V that are Big Time recruits? Or even flying a banner over a players high school game/home?

A good example would be to fly a banner for Justin Flowe since he is scheduled to be on a O.V for the Louisville game just to show him some love from the fan base and positivity for this program.

Advertisement
better get your legal dept to research if that would violate any NCAA recruiting regs.

with those squirrels you never know.

I'm not a legal expert, so I would also be interested to know if this is something our fan base can do without it affecting the program. Any legal canes on here?

How about this. Give the banner idea a rest. Seriously who does that? And what results are documented?

It's just an idea but I do appreciate your response. As for your question about results documented, I think the Media attention is suffice for results.

Advertisement
Ok, so after talking to several hurricanes great's on the phone and in person I feel the need to share an idea which they agreed was a good idea.
So since our fan base had been called toxic, delusional, all-hype, ban wagon and etc I figured why not try to reverse that with flipping the script on our negative banners.
Would it interest anyone to fly some banners over the stadium for recruits who are on O.V that are Big Time recruits? Or even flying a banner over a players high school game/home?

A good example would be to fly a banner for Justin Flowe since he is scheduled to be on a O.V for the Louisville game just to show him some love from the fan base and positivity for this program.
**** OFF
2359bfb8b180ca241bbb71468b87b65b.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
How about our fan base just stop with the ******* banners all together? Lots of programs have had bad runs or dealt with poor coaches, yet we seem to be the only one that flies banners. It's always been stupid to anyone not consumed in that groupthink bubble.

I know this thread was about a positive banner, but I'm just so **** tired of hearing about this every single year. It was dumb as **** when it started and its played out as fvck two and a half decades later.

What would be more impressive to recruits? A banner with their name on it being flown, or the stadium being more than half full (at best) for the game they attend?

The Virginia and Virginia Tech games all surpassed well beyond a "half full capacity"

Advertisement
How about a banner that reads “It’s Great to be a Miami Hurricane”

No violation and it would accomplish your mission of shedding a different light in banners.

If you want someone to get fired I think a billboard near the college that every high end employee sees everyday on their drive to the school would be more effective then a 30 minute banner.

I’m against any banners at this time it’s been 6 games and could definitely see it being a negative to recruits. I like the idea of making that banner the poster nick already bought say “it’s great to be a Miami Hurricane” then add something to the end like “stay home and bring the nattys back to Miami”or “we support coach Diaz #TNM”. The negative hasn’t gotten us anything in 20 years let’s try a different approach like the dolphins and tanking.

Advertisement
The banners absolutely had a major impact when they were first flown for golden. That **** goes all over social media, and even into the mainstream media.

The administration doesnt want negative banners flown over their events. It's the same as when controversial billboards are put up. People dont want to be publicly targeted.

Theres nothing childish about it. It shows that fans are paying attention and that something is clearly wrong.

That being said, I would never donate to a banner to some highschool kid. That would be a massive waste.

The banners absolutely had a major impact when they were first flown for golden. That **** goes all over social media, and even into the mainstream media.

The administration doesnt want negative banners flown over their events. It's the same as when controversial billboards are put up. People dont want to be publicly targeted.

Theres nothing childish about it. It shows that fans are paying attention and that something is clearly wrong.

That being said, I would never donate to a banner to some highschool kid. That would be a massive waste.

lmao youre naive. the banner didnt get golden fired. getting beat the bleep down by clemson who didnt bother to take a halftime break is what cost him his job. ask dsd why golden got fired and it wasnt bc of some idiots flying a banner

How about our fan base just stop with the ******* banners all together? Lots of programs have had bad runs or dealt with poor coaches, yet we seem to be the only one that flies banners. It's always been stupid to anyone not consumed in that groupthink bubble.

I know this thread was about a positive banner, but I'm just so **** tired of hearing about this every single year. It was dumb as **** when it started and its played out as fvck two and a half decades later.
Amen brother.....the banner sh** is worn thin......

Advertisement
Back