Florida State - Title IX and NCAA Violations

Lauderdale

Redshirt Freshman
Florida State University is being investigated by the U.S. Department of Education for Title IX violations concerning the alleged rape by Jameis Winston of an FSU student. The student has hired nationally prominent attorneys to handle her case and it's apparent she wants justice served; she's not going away. For some background here is a recent Fox Sports article:

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-fo...e-jameis-winston-sexual-violence-cases-051214

Title IX compliance is an integral part of NCAA membership as defined in the NCAA Manual, Florida State was already under NCAA probations when this incident occurred. In other words if the U.S. Department of Education determines there were Title IX violations FSU is in deep trouble perhaps akin to Penn State's issues but complicated by the fact they were already on probation for academic fraud by their athletic department.

It seems most likely the SEC and ACC recruiters and coaches will be telling recruits about this issue and warning recruits about the potential NCAA penalties. Right now FSU is at a position where we were after Barry Jackson reported Nevin Shapiro's allegations 6 months before the Charles Robinson Yahoo article. The U.S Department of Education's report will be the Yahoo article equivalent for FSU. I can tell you the officials in Tallahassee are deeply concerned. There will be no white wash of this like the Tallahassee Police did with their so-called investigation.

New York Times Article: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not trying to be a ****. What are the chances anything happens, why does this crap keep coming up and then disappearing? Where's the giant witch hunt to make sure there is justice for this girl ( no I don't mean he actually did it, but she deserves the proper work done). Guess it's not as cool as dinners, strippers and boats.

It is happening now, U.S. Dept. Of Education is investigating and it very likely will effect recruiting. The Tallahassee police investigation was a joke and FSU did nothing to investigate. Read the NY Times front page article; that's worse than Yahoo.

This is nothing, many schools get Title IX investigations, the main point that the Attorney was saying was violated was that FSU did not do a timely investigation, FSU countered with, the accuser did not ask us to start one, and per Title IX the accusers wishers are allowed to be considered. Nothing major will happen here, the attorneys might get a few hundred thousand dollars to go away, but these investigations don't even allow Winston to get sued, only the school.
SoFla---there is no witch hunt because there were two other people who were also present, and two people versus one person with inconsistent statements will always win. Telling one person you were drugged, and another that you were hit in the head, and no the rape kits showing no signs of trauma or drugs found in her system, but the examination showing redness on her knees, means that the two players probably did see her on her knees giving head..
It's real obvious that the officer felt this chick was lying, another player up there was charged with rape and he was booted within a day. If UM wants to regain it's swagger, then it has to regain it's swagger, hoping someone else falls, won't get UM back. Winning will.

Advertisement
This is nothing, many schools get Title IX investigations, the main point that the Attorney was saying was violated was that FSU did not do a timely investigation, FSU countered with, the accuser did not ask us to start one, and per Title IX the accusers wishers are allowed to be considered. Nothing major will happen here, the attorneys might get a few hundred thousand dollars to go away, but these investigations don't even allow Winston to get sued, only the school.
SoFla---there is no witch hunt because there were two other people who were also present, and two people versus one person with inconsistent statements will always win. Telling one person you were drugged, and another that you were hit in the head, and no the rape kits showing no signs of trauma or drugs found in her system, but the examination showing redness on her knees, means that the two players probably did see her on her knees giving head..
It's real obvious that the officer felt this chick was lying, another player up there was charged with rape and he was booted within a day. If UM wants to regain it's swagger, then it has to regain it's swagger, hoping someone else falls, won't get UM back. Winning will.

great post

great post

Advertisement

You've missed the point. This isn't about Winston getting charged because that ship has sailed. This is about the failure to act by FSU and subsequently TPD.

Also Im not hoping for them to fall. Im WISHING for them to fall. Like Ive said in previous posts about this before. Those motherfu*kers wished all the worse upon us even the death penalty. They benefited from us going through this s*it for almost 3 years. This is called KARMA.... becareful what you wish for

Interesting how nothing ever happens with FSU. Back in the '80's, we had a compliance director named Doug Johnson. (He was later the one who snitched on us to the NCAA when we got in trouble with the Pell grants and some other stuff, after he got fired, as I recall). Before he worked at UM, he was an investigator for the NCAA. I heard stories that he claimed, while he was doing the UF investigation in the '80s, he kept on coming across possible FSU violations. He put those in a separate file, assuming that the NCAA would investigate those. Somehow, nothing happened, no separate FSU investigation. When I asked him about it in 1989, he just gave me kind of a sick smile, and said, "I don't want to say what happened." Somehow, the possibility of a separate NCAA investigation was killed.

Also, around that time, we lost out on a coveted recruit, a DE, who went to FSU. A friend who used to volunteer in the UM recruiting office said, "I had his transcript in my hands, and there is no way he is a qualifier." Of course, the kid was a significant contributor as a true freshman for the Noles that year. I don't know how FSU was able to kill off potential violations or to fix treamscripts, but these stories suggest they did. I'm not an insider, live a thousand miles away, and just heard a little bit, now and then. I'm sure it's always been just the tip of the iceberg.

Then I had a friend, a CPA, whose partner had a client who gave a loan to an FSU DL before a bowl game, and did not get paid back. I guess a bad loan is a tax loss, so it came up with the accountant. I remember the name of the DL, though I don't want to start putting names on a message board without independent proof. The kid got a loan and played in a bowl game. I guess that would have had to be an "extra benefit" not allowed by NCAA rules. He should have been ineligible. That would have been early to mid-90's.

Oh well...just a few of the things in FSU's history. Let's see what happens here...the difference is there's national publicity, in the NYT. So, we can hold our breath for at least a little while, but maybe not too long.

CANES 2082 _ Florida State gets no special privileges at the NCAA; remember their academic fraud case resulted in a severe penalty and the probation that could trigger Penn State type penalties and vacating of game results played subsequent to the Title IX violations.

NCAA MANUAL

2.3 the Principle of gender equity. [*]
2.3.1 Compliance with Federal and state Legislation. [*] It is the responsibility of each member
institution to comply with federal and state laws regarding gender equity. (Adopted: 1/11/94)

Last edited:

great post

Far from it.

Advertisement
This is old news and nothing will come of it. There are over 55 schools under similar investigations.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/us/colleges-***-complaint-investigations/

great post

Great post if you're a rape apologist.

You are wrong, the U.S. Department of Education started a specific investigation of the Jameis Winston alleged rape and the lack, for approx. 12 months, of any investigation by Florida State University which is an apparent and clear major violation of Title IX. I really don't understand why you would post what you did, this is a major case and the implications are enormous for FSU and they are plenty worried by it. The other schools in violation of Title IX came later and to my knowledge there are no specific cases under investigation other than Jameis Winston/FSU.
This is old news and nothing will come of it. There are over 55 schools under similar investigations.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/01/us/colleges-***-complaint-investigations/

Advertisement
Also to the OP...I don't think you were implying this, but their probation ended last year for the academic fraud.

Who cares. Fry the scum, after you pluck their feathers!

The federal government isn't the local good old boys or the ****heads across town at the state capital. They give zero ***** about protecting a team or anyone's season tickets.

I hope they ******* fry.

Advertisement
Back