Florida at Miami, Game 1 Official Game Thread

Jaromir Jagr

Senior
Banned
Ten years ago this thread would have been 8 pages long. This is how little anyone cares anymore.

As for the game, we blew our offensive load by 7:15 pm. We weren't going to touch Brady Singer after that. After the 3rd inning, we had two infield singles. Yawn.

Our Friday night guy gave a valiant effort, but he's not good enough to beat Florida.

Advertisement
Hard to invest when you know EXACTLY how this weekend plays out and exactly why. Frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it.

Didn't use to be this way because years ago we actually were competitive...now we all know it will be a 3-0 sweep by the Gayturds and we know the **** will continue until the UM powers that be decide that baseball should be important again. Until then, this is what we've become

This may be the first season in a long time I don't watch Miami baseball. I can't take anymore heartbrake. After the 3 losses to end the football season, then this basketball season fiasco, followed by a potential 5 loss stretch for baseball. Im not a big enough ********* to watch anymore.

Advertisement
I still go back to the regional lost years ago with Stony brook. The writing was on the wall. It was time to act. And here we are now!

This is just the growing pains. Miami missed on so many guys last year because the committed high school recruits were drafted high and signed pro contracts. Otherwise, it would have been a top 5-10 signing class like the one we have this year. Unfortunately, the plan B players that they brought in last year didn't pan out and some of them are no longer with the team. That's a big setback. You can't fault them for recruiting top players, but they are wasting their time on anyone drafted that could sign at $1M draft position.

Fortunately this years class is top 10. The pitching staff is strong with both young and veteran pitching. They need another top 10 class next year and the ship will be righted. These freshman will get better and by the end of the season we should see a big improvement. I just hope they can win enough games to make it to the post season.

This is just the growing pains. Miami missed on so many guys last year because the committed high school recruits were drafted high and signed pro contracts. Otherwise, it would have been a top 5-10 signing class like the one we have this year. Unfortunately, the plan B players that they brought in last year didn't pan out and some of them are no longer with the team. That's a big setback. You can't fault them for recruiting top players, but they are wasting their time on anyone drafted that could sign at $1M draft position.

Fortunately this years class is top 10. The pitching staff is strong with both young and veteran pitching. They need another top 10 class next year and the ship will be righted. These freshman will get better and by the end of the season we should see a big improvement. I just hope they can win enough games to make it to the post season.

This goes back a lot further than the freshmen who started playing in 2017. We were extremely thin last year because we weren't prepared to replace the guys who were clearly leaving after 2016. Roster management failed well before it was time to land the 2017 freshmen.

This goes back a lot further than the freshmen who started playing in 2017. We were extremely thin last year because we weren't prepared to replace the guys who were clearly leaving after 2016. Roster management failed well before it was time to land the 2017 freshmen.
Either way I have to agree with you. Even if they had an elite class, those guys weren't going to college because of where they got drafted. That's a mistake not being prepared a la miss management. It's tricky, but they have to recruit multiple guys at each position. If the top guys sign with MLB in the top 10 rounds, then get the kids that were drafted in 20+ rounds that want to come to the U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back