Flores out as Dolphins coach

Advertisement
Can’t believe this. It’s been announced that the Giants are keeping Joe Judge but the fins are firing Brian Flores
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

As an Eagles fan!!

Advertisement
I like Flo, but he made 3 terrible OC hires in a row.

He’s mismanaged the develop of his young QB and was at odds with him from the moment he arrived ultimately setting up this showdown.

But even with all that I knew he was doomed when he promoted two co-OCs with little to no track record, When he had a blank check from Ross that he could use to hire anyone that was willing to work for him.

He’s a good coach will probably land on his feet hopefully he’s learned from this experience.

Advertisement
They give him ****** QBs but he’s supposed to overcome that?

I am not a Dolphin fan but there is no doubt in my Mind that Flores is a good HC. Definitely not to be fired this year.

Is Ross going to go all in or Harbaugh again? Is he making this decision knowing that he has an answer from Harbaugh already? If not, just terrible decision.
They gave him blank checks to hire whoever he wanted.

Insane cap space, draft picks.

And he failed to hire a competent OC in 3 tries.

They he gambled his career trying to acquire a guy with 22 sexual assault charges.

The relationship with him and Tua clearly was toxic.

And Grier is a snake to this move buys him a little more time.

Advertisement
For anyone who watched the last couple minutes of Euphoria last night, can we introduce Ross and Grier to Fezco?

this is dumb af...Dolphins smh..I stopped caring 10 years ago
This is exactly why I stopped caring about professional sports franchises probably about 20 years ago. I still follow the NFL, the games are often incredible, but why would someone invest their time and money and heart into an organization that is just a business trying to make money and that often times is run by rich fan boys with no ******* clue what they are doing.

I prefer to watch the games more dispassionately and just admire the greatness of people like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Belicheck, etc.

Hard to get this firing. Seems just loopy.

Advertisement
I am going to level with you. I have no idea what you are even trying to argue at this point. You're trying to say that because it is not where they made their original money that they don't care about the people running the team, but then you do say that they are competitive and want to win, which implies they need the right people. Sorry but what you are saying makes no sense and I am done with this response.

These are not family foundations where they are spending $100m+ a year just on player salaries out of the goodness of their hearts. They are doing it because they want to win and because it is a good investment. That investment is worth more as the team wins more. He had the right idea with hiring Tannenbaum just hired one of the worst people to execute that idea.
I never said they didn't care or weren't competitive... I only implied the mindset going in is more game orientated than business... You keep trying to push a narrative that was never implied by me... As I stated the money is always going to be there because of how the structure of the NFL is designed... Ross doesn't lose a dime no matter what happens...
Ross is 100% protected from taking a loss in the NFL so his mindset in running the team is far different than the business's he runs that he could lose on...
How you don't seem to understand that is the puzzling part but when you made your first post of "not understanding" you said all that needed to be said... You don't understand.
As far as you "being done with this response" is a lie, you'll respond... Because..... You don't understand... you said it yourself...

Caldwell is a good coach.

But he is a very boring hire for anybody. Juiceless Caldwell.
I don't disagree. I respect Caldwell entirely.

But he's a 66 y/o who should be fishing with Chan Gailey and Norv Turner.

He's not the guy to be the head coach with an offensive rebuild.

Doesn't make us better.

I am going to level with you. I have no idea what you are even trying to argue at this point. You're trying to say that because it is not where they made their original money that they don't care about the people running the team, but then you do say that they are competitive and want to win, which implies they need the right people. Sorry but what you are saying makes no sense and I am done with this response.

These are not family foundations where they are spending $100m+ a year just on player salaries out of the goodness of their hearts. They are doing it because they want to win and because it is a good investment. That investment is worth more as the team wins more. He had the right idea with hiring Tannenbaum just hired one of the worst people to execute that idea.
Hiring proved failure Mike Tannenbaum was a horrendous idea.

There was overwhelming evidence that he had no business as a football GM or anywhere near personnel decisions.

Ross hired the guy anyway.

I'm surprised to see anyone defending that hire, of all of them.

Advertisement
Back