Flores out as Dolphins coach

I keep hearing the "hire him as our DC" but I seriously doubt Mario has that level of cachet to pull an NFL HC to take a job as a college DC.

I hope I'm wrong but Flores and his family would have to really LOVE living in Miami and I still don't know if we could pull it off (for $$ reasons, buddy has to be getting paid 5+mil a season at least)

Advertisement
Mods, OT, so send this outta here. I stopped watching the Dolphins years ago, because they have the worst front office in sports (Dan freakin' Marino for 15- years with a single SB appearance).

Additionally, we just got rid of the son of the Mayor who got rid of the Orange Bowl. The Canes are making progress exercising the Orange Bowl Curse. Don't allow anything Dolphin's on here to ***** up that mojo.

Miami has the Dolphins
The Dumbest Football Team
We do dumb ****e from goal to goal
Like no one's ever seen
We're in the trash, we're getting pounded
We're never in control
And when you say Miami
You're talking cereal bowls (edit, should have been toilet bowls, thanks Gables Cane!)

'Cause we're the...

Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins really dumb.
Yes we're the...
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins really dumb.
Cause we’re the
Miami Blake James.
Miami Blake James
Miami blake James glad he’s gone

Advertisement
I was off Grier once he took Tua over Herbert. They took Tua because they wanted a charismatic face of the franchise. All the Herbert stuff was malarkey.
I'm with you. I felt Tua was gifted a significant talent advantage at Bama, and I always get skeptical on taking QBs from big-time programs like Ohio State, Bama, etc..

Herbert had more physical tools. I didn't think he'd be this good, but that one stings.

Politely, I disagree. Ross is worth $8bn or so, with $3.5 of it from the Dolphins. That is a relatively low percent compared to other owners. They need to protect and invest in to maximize their assets. The only way what you are saying makes any sense is they are doing this as a safe investment vehicle with zero desire to be competitive or enhance their asset. In other words, the Major League movies.
It's just play money to them... Billionaires hobby... Nothing more...

Advertisement
First of all, anybody thinking about Flores as DC to the U, that’s just not gonna happen.

I would love for it to, but he’s not going to take a step down to college to take a job that pays way less than half of what he was making, when he’ll surely be a candidate for other NFL head coach job openings, or at the very least NFL DC.

Advertisement
I keep hearing the "hire him as our DC" but I seriously doubt Mario has that level of cachet to pull an NFL HC to take a job as a college DC.

I hope I'm wrong but Flores and his family would have to really LOVE living in Miami and I still don't know if we could pull it off (for $$ reasons, buddy has to be getting paid 5+mil a season at least)

looks like Flores made $3 mil here. i'd imagine we would offer him 2-2.5 here as DC. how much would he make in the NFL as anything other than a HC?

He opened the season 1-7.
His fate was determined by November..
Again, I'm not the biggest Flores supporter, he had his flaws. He was also missing Tua for multiple weeks, who's a big upgrade from Brissett.

I'd be in full support of this move if Grier was also being let go. But it looks like Flores was let go simply because he didn't like Tua (can't say I blame him) as well as worked well with Grier (look at the OL).

Advertisement
after watching Herbert play last night, and then waking to the news of Flo being out today, I have come to the understanding the Fins will never be a competent franchise
Looks like neither is the chargers as they are sitting at home with Herbert as well in an easier division

Advertisement
Back