Off-Topic Floods in Eastern Kentucky

Advertisement

05C64AE9-335D-45DF-8248-E45F64810E82.jpeg
61CF8982-59C0-45DA-866F-AA832CD6C7AE.jpeg

The images above are my hometown of Whitesburg. Spent the first 20 years of my life here. Most of my family are still there including my sister. An already impoverished community has just been destroyed and I don’t see a way back from this for most in the area. Breaks my heart.

Advertisement
The images above are my hometown of Whitesburg. Spent the first 20 years of my life here. Most of my family are still there including my sister. An already impoverished community has just been destroyed and I don’t see a way back from this for most in the area. Breaks my heart.
How has your family been through this? Are they all okay?

How has your family been through this? Are they all okay?
Luckily they’re all good. My sister had some water get into her garage but not much. Thankfully they all live far enough from the river that their homes are safe. My sister has lost power and just got cell service back around 7 yesterday evening. I hadn’t heard from her until then and was loading up my pickup to go check on her when she finally got in touch with me.

The forecast shows rain all day today and again Sunday so it may get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep! Looking like a lot more on the way starting this evening/tonight ☹️. I have a friend living in eastern Ky that lost everything. Got woke up in the middle of the night by a neighbor thankfully. He said he stepped out and the house was already surrounded by water. Lost his house and i think both vehicles.
Stay safe and keep us updated.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back