2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

OP clarified based on feedback. Added Gaby's quote and moved Xavier Filsaime to the CB table, because there also is no evidence he's a flip target.

**** New OP section ******

CB recruiting remains a mystery. Gaby said

[Beyond Ellis Robinson IV, there is a] Major blue chip name Miami is working to flip

Given that we know we're trying to flip a major CB target, these are names that should be candidates that we're trying to flip, but as of now, no public indication [or even rumors] we're trying to flip them.

RecruitPositionSchoolRecruitment Status
Cai BatesCBL$U@Memnon expects L$U to have significant issues this season which could open the door here.
Ify ObidegwuCBOregonHis teammate 25 4* CB Kevyn “Kerm” Humes is visiting. Maybe that opens a window?
Xavier FilsaimeCBGatorsPutting him here because it makes sense. So far, no signs the staff agree with us.

Advertisement
Last year we were talking about waves, this summer it was whales, but now we're recruiting in the no wake zone?
@RVACane, please remind me that if Mario ever finishes outside the top 15 in recruiting at UM I need to change my username to No_Wake_Zone.

Avi ready…

IMG_0859.jpeg

Advertisement
OP clarified based on feedback. Added Gaby's quote and moved Xavier Filsaime to the CB table, because there also is no evidence he's a flip target.

**** New OP section ******

CB recruiting remains a mystery. Gaby said

[Beyond Ellis Robinson IV, there is a] Major blue chip name Miami is working to flip

Given that we know we're trying to flip a major CB target, these are names that should be candidates that we're trying to flip, but as of now, no public indication [or even rumors] we're trying to flip them.

Cai BatesCBL$U@Memnon expects L$U to have significant issues this season which could open the door here.
Ify ObidegwuCBOregonHis teammate 25 4* CB Kevyn “Kerm” Humes is visiting. Maybe that opens a window?
Xavier FilsaimeCBGatorsPutting him here because it makes sense. So far, no signs the staff agree with us.
Jon Mitchell is my guess

Jon Mitchell is my guess

Good guess! Forgot about him. Added him to the OP guess table. Do you consider him big time though?

Jon MitchellCBPSUVisited earlier in the year and the Canes were thought to have momentum.

Advertisement
Keep winning and its all good from here. That offense still puts up numbers all season we might flip the number 1 recruit in the country

I love OBB and I will die on that hill. Gave me a bright spot every week in a dark time in my life five years ago. They don’t provide the greatest info and don’t claim to be insiders, but they accomplish exactly what they need to IMO.
Glad u apparently made it out of that hard time... we all need a break once in a blue.

Advertisement
Since ivins left the pod it’s completely unlistenable. Like it’s horrible. Lake and Gaby are terrible speakers. No conviction and no sources. They’re awful. Can’t listen. OBB is garbage too. There’s nothing of substance there.

CIS is literally the best pod by far and it’s not close. Really the only one worth listening to and the only one that has the goods. Plus Dmoney is a speaker
I with good intentions try my best to listen to all the pods for all the info but you hit it right on the head. They all suck. I found out about this site through the podcast. Didn’t even know canes boards was a thing.

Inside the U needs Ivins back… asss
OBB…..not my cup of tea but ***
26 degrees…. Asss
Locked on canes…. Asss
U heard…. Undecided but….

Something I don't get about Ify

How can Lanning at Oregon be beating out Cristobal for a Maryland kid, especially when it's a massive position of need ?

Advertisement
Gaby never has an original take or thought - he just agrees with whatever Lake says.

Any time Lake brings up a question/point and asks Gaby if he wants to go first, he quickly says "nah you can go first".

But the worst is how he starts every answer with "yeah no".

Q: Gaby, is rape a good thing?
A: Yeah no it's really not like you know.....yeah it's not a good thing at all.

And the dude really can't give a straight answer on anything.

Q: Gaby, is ______ going to commit to Miami?
A: Yeah no I spoke to someone close to the recruitment and they feel Miami leads and I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to Miami tonight but I also know he likes Michigan and Clemson and I feel like there's a decent chance he could end up at one of those places and he has a long relationship with those coaches and I feel like it could be any of those three schools.
😭😭😭😭this is exactly him, he seems cool but i just can’t listen to this. He be right sometimes but its like he’s walking on egg shells every time he speaks

Advertisement
Back