2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Advertisement
The OBB talk and dress like it’s their audition tape to be background fillers on the Dan Le Batard show.

At a certain age you shouldn’t be shopping at “Lids” for your indoor podcast look.
They remind me of a failing Rock station’s morning show.

The OBB talk and dress like it’s their audition tape to be background fillers on the Dan Le Batard show.

At a certain age you shouldn’t be shopping at “Lids” for your indoor podcast look.
I love OBB and I will die on that hill. Gave me a bright spot every week in a dark time in my life five years ago. They don’t provide the greatest info and don’t claim to be insiders, but they accomplish exactly what they need to IMO.

The other thing people are going to have to realize is if we’re in it for a ton of flip candidates…just do some math. Not everyone in this current class will stick.

It’ll ruffle some feathers, but there are current dudes in here that we all said were plan B and C kids…well now that the A’s are interested, something have to give. Which is absolutely fine by me….you get the best players period, no matter the consequences.

Advertisement
This. Ivins wasn't bad. The others are atrocious and unwatchable/listenable. Do not waste your time. The truth is that Mario keeps this info on lock down, and they're only getting "inside" info from recruits. And we all know that recruits are only one step up from the National Enquirer and the Onion as reliable sources.

I suppose if the info is coming from other programs, that's where it can have more trust value, assuming you trust anything coming out of Gainesville, Tallahassee et all, which I don't.
D$ has said Gaby has some good sources so your whole rant is nonsense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I appreciate their pod because I just want all Canes info but man them and the OBB now with them just laughing over one another for 70 mins is unbearable.
Gaby definitely has the verbal tick of starting every sentence with 'yeah' but I can easily get past that. The OBB has become borderline unlistenable at times as they talk less about the team, schedule, etc. I don't even mind when they add some personal anecdotes, but lately so much of it has become:

- Constant 'reminders' that THEY told you someone was gong to be good/nicknamed someone/did whatever 'first'
- Over used gimmicks like the A.I. segment which was funny the first time, but has quickly become stale
- 30 minutes of commercials per podcast
- Gimmicks like 5 questions

Luckily the last two are usually after any Miami content so once their Manscaped or Beating the Bookie ads start you can just turn it off, but then their ~1 hour long podcast is closer to 25 minutes (again, not necessarily a bad thing). They have at least gotten somewhat better now that the season has started.

Maybe Manny spit on him too many times...

View attachment 258990

Manny on the recruiting trail:

Manny.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back