2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Advertisement
Man! He really comes off like he doesn’t know the game of football. I appreciate his effort and the time and work he puts in but it’s painful sometimes.
Yep. I think it was their post game podcast from the stadium game 1 and you could hear Gaby panic and jump off the mic. It’s easy to sit here and be a Monday morning QB and probably harder than we think but **** work on your game Gaby.
Their both too pessimistic also.

Gaby never has an original take or thought - he just agrees with whatever Lake says.

Any time Lake brings up a question/point and asks Gaby if he wants to go first, he quickly says "nah you can go first".

But the worst is how he starts every answer with "yeah no".

Q: Gaby, is rape a good thing?
A: Yeah no it's really not like you know.....yeah it's not a good thing at all.

And the dude really can't give a straight answer on anything.

Q: Gaby, is ______ going to commit to Miami?
A: Yeah no I spoke to someone close to the recruitment and they feel Miami leads and I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to Miami tonight but I also know he likes Michigan and Clemson and I feel like there's a decent chance he could end up at one of those places and he has a long relationship with those coaches and I feel like it could be any of those three schools.

Gaby never has an original take or thought - he just agrees with whatever Lake says.

Any time Lake brings up a question/point and asks Gaby if he wants to go first, he quickly says "nah you can go first".

A: Yeah no it's really not like you yeah it's not a good thing at all.
Gaby, Lake, and Stock are three of the biggest shmucks I've ever come across.

Advertisement
Yea in their podcasts Gaby needs to be more firm on his opinion and not saying maybe this, or I think this or, saying anything can happen
I hate to say this because he’s a young guy just trying to make a living, but…if you start to listen to how often he says “kind of” you’ll go insane. No exaggeration EVERY sentence he utters has the phrase “kind of” in it. “The way Mario kind of wants to run the ball”. “When he kind of puts his senior film together” on and on and on. Again, seems like a nice guy, but someone there needs to work with him on that if he’s going to talk for a living.

Since ivins left the pod it’s completely unlistenable. Like it’s horrible. Lake and Gaby are terrible speakers. No conviction and no sources. They’re awful. Can’t listen. OBB is garbage too. There’s nothing of substance there.

CIS is literally the best pod by far and it’s not close. Really the only one worth listening to and the only one that has the goods. Plus Dmoney is a speaker

A: Yeah no it's really not like you know.....yeah it's not a good thing at all.

And the dude really can't give a straight answer on anything.

Q: Gaby, is ______ going to commit to Miami?
A: Yeah no I spoke to someone close to the recruitment and they feel Miami leads and I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to Miami tonight but I also know he likes Michigan and Clemson and I feel like there's a decent chance he could end up at one of those places and he has a long relationship with those coaches and I feel like it could be any of those three schools.
Kid clearly has no confidence in what he's doing. On one end you feel kinda bad for him but when doing this kind of work you gotta be prepared, organized, and have a certain level of conviction in your word and he clearly has none of that. His only real positive attribute is being a legit fan of the program.

Advertisement
Since ivins left the pod it’s completely unlistenable. Like it’s horrible. Lake and Gaby are terrible speakers. No conviction and no sources. They’re awful. Can’t listen. OBB is garbage too. There’s nothing of substance there.

CIS is literally the best pod by far and it’s not close. Really the only one worth listening to and the only one that has the goods. Plus Dmoney is a speaker

This. Ivins wasn't bad. The others are atrocious and unwatchable/listenable. Do not waste your time. The truth is that Mario keeps this info on lock down, and they're only getting "inside" info from recruits. And we all know that recruits are only one step up from the National Enquirer and the Onion as reliable sources.

I suppose if the info is coming from other programs, that's where it can have more trust value, assuming you trust anything coming out of Gainesville, Tallahassee et all, which I don't.

Gaby is a ****y son of a *****. Works hard and is a fan of the program but I'm sorry he is just not good at his job. And I don't feel bad for him because like I said he's a ****y person who would rather go back and forth with you on social media then actually take the criticism and use it to get better.

Advertisement

He has a couple teammates committed to Penn State, one of which would fit the "blue-chip CB committed elsewhere" that we heard about recently

Maybe Manny spit on him too many times...

1696000521625.png

OBB is brutal. I’ve never understood how they’ve got any kind of following. At least ITU has their subscriber base to explain any traction they’ve got. Their pod wasn’t horrible when Ivins was running it. Just seems like the only reason that pod is a thing is because 247 wants it.

The OBB talk and dress like it’s their audition tape to be background fillers on the Dan Le Batard show.

At a certain age you shouldn’t be shopping at “Lids” for your indoor podcast look.

Advertisement
You guys should focus a little less on Lagway and maybe someone else in that conference.

Not that it’s likely or anything, but just keep chipping away…
No way……**** I’m late asf but that’s the person I think I mentioned over Lagway. Fk Lagway if it’s the other one

Advertisement
Back