2024 Flip Watch Thread: Mario "We Have a Lot of Guys We're Fixin' to Flip"

Advertisement
He don't want to play on that terrible Nebraska team
He had his opportunity and went for the bags before the season. If buyers remorse is kicking in, spot may no longer be available. Some quotes from the Barney thread

@Cribby

If things keep tending this way offensively I think we can do better

He went purely for the bag. Never base a big decision purely on the money. Situation , coaching and development with pretty good money is always your best bet.

@Geo305
Miami has stayed in contact with him, but I’m with Cribby on this. Miami’s pushing harder for some other guys they have higher on the board. Lawayne McCoy might even be on the outside looking in too.

Where is Tank Hawkins name

Looking Episode 11 GIF by One Chicago

Lindsey one of my 3 favorite recruits this cycle regardless of position. I hope we pursue him harder

I don't know him or his people so I can't say how likely it is with any certainty. That being said we have money and a need as well as a **** of an opportunity for early PT on an up and coming team. Fairly easy sell IMO

Good work. Don't forget Ionata

Added TJ Lindsey to the OP.

TJ LindseyDEAuburnWe were in the final 5, IDK where in the list we ended up.

Created another table of recruits in the OP I don't think we either have a chance at flipping or won't try to flip

RecruitPositionSchoolRecruitment Status
Joseph IonataCBamaDropped us like a stone the moment he got the Bama offer
Jerrae "Tank" HawkinsWRGatorsBag chaser with lesser skills than other WR on the flip board

Last edited:
He was on a podcast sunday and said a 24 kid committed after the game.The other guys on the podcast pressed him a little to say who and he didn't but from the hints it sounded like Mincey.
That would be a great pickup. He has to love how the safeties are playing. He is not a flip though.

Advertisement
He had his opportunity and went for the bags before the season. If buyers remorse is kicking in, spot may no longer be available. Some quotes from the Barney thread

@Cribby

If things keep tending this way offensively I think we can do better

He went purely for the bag. Never base a big decision purely on the money. Situation , coaching and development with pretty good money is always your best bet.

@Geo305
Miami has stayed in contact with him, but I’m with Cribby on this. Miami’s pushing harder for some other guys they have higher on the board. Lawayne McCoy might even be on the outside looking in too.
Exactly those guys should have took their chance when they had it

Advertisement
Assuming they don't win out, this will be the first time in Saban's Alabama career that he'll have gone 3 seasons without winning a national title.

And with NIL, UGA, and now Texas and OU in the SEC, it's not going to get any easier.

He might see the writing on the wall. His days of dominating CFB are over.
And with the big 3 recruiting at a higher level he’s not getting the number of blue chipper’s out of Florida/South Florida like before

Advertisement
Advertisement
Assuming they don't win out, this will be the first time in Saban's Alabama career that he'll have gone 3 seasons without winning a national title.

And with NIL, UGA, and now Texas and OU in the SEC, it's not going to get any easier.

He might see the writing on the wall. His days of dominating CFB are over.
He never gone 3 years without winning 1 but they have only 1 title in 5 years and that was covid year. That's also a trend......

And with the big 3 recruiting at a higher level he’s not getting the number of blue chipper’s out of Florida/South Florida like before
People don't realize, thats also PART of the reason for Clemson's funk. Them playmakers they kept getting from Florida, especially Tampa area. Big 3 getting serious has a domino effect.

Advertisement
Back