Off-Topic Flight Cancellations

Delta cancelled 7% of their total domestic flights between last Friday and Monday, when the usual average is 1.2% or so. And they, Southwest, American, and United all admit it will get worse through Labor Day.

So you get to pay for ridiculously expensive tickets and NOT fly.

Advertisement
I booked a roundtrip flight to Dallas for the Miami/ 8&4 game. Delta changed the flight both ways l.Fortunately for me that allowed me to cancel it. Didn't want to deal with the headaches of delays and cancelations so i said to **** with it I'll just drive there.

This is becoming absolutely ridiculous; I’m not sure if anyone here works in the Airline Industry, but I have had now two flights on back to back days cancelled just a few hours before my scheduled departure. Apparently a combination of pilots retiring early, quitting because of vaccine mandates, and substantial layoffs.

There’s been nearly 800 flights cancelled across multiple airlines the last 48 hours, not sure if anyone else was/is affected by this. It’s infuriating.
Southwest lets you cancel a flight up to 10 minutes before departure.

This was last summer… forecasting for this summer…

Here’s April warning of the impending doom…

Can’t say the warning signs weren’t there. Eerily similar to the baby formula shortage impending doom that was ignored and the plant left shutdown

Advertisement
This was last summer… forecasting for this summer…

Here’s April warning of the impending doom…

Can’t say the warning signs weren’t there. Eerily similar to the baby formula shortage impending doom that was ignored and the plant left shutdown

Don’t worry about it, we have Pete Buttigieg taking care of this, relying on his vast experience of being the mayor of a small hick town for about six months.

Just please be mindful, since he just gave birth a few months ago it’s going to take him a little while longer to get back up to speed.

Almost as bad as having a scheduled labor day abortion cancelled and made illegal.

Advertisement
Back