Flemming de-commits

Fleming is a pouty situational deep threat with limited positional skill. Pope was a better prospect and he's essentially a 2nd string situational deep threat in this offense. This is not a big loss - he probably would have transferred anyway when he wasn't getting early PT.

The obvious trend with WR recruiting is that Stubblefield (and likely Enos) prioritizes skill over athleticism. Worsham, Emilien and Lacy are all examples, and I want all 3. I'm sure the CIS box score/testing scout porsters will disagree and cry for more speed. We'll see who knows more about what traits are needed to be a good college WR - the Biletnikoff winner or the keyboard warriors.

It is a big loss imo...He's travis benjamin but coming in 160 or so instead of high 140s. you don't want travis benjamin?

Lol @ "biletnikoff award winner", like every good player is a good coach. Come on man.

Stubblefield and Enos can prioritize what they want, but they shouldn't have the authority to IGNORE LOCAL. I don't know if they with their midwest roots know how important taking Dade kids is for UM. That's gotten coaches in trouble at Miami. This is a dade kid with a unique skill that can take the top off the defense by one of our most reliable sources...(LCE) him and his family wanted him here.

Jury's still out and I hope they succeed, but players like this are needed and are going off in cfb and the nfl nowadays.

Again to each their own, and I like some of our WR recruits for sure (Redding was a huge get)...But to sit there and defend EVERY move the staff makes, is no better the sitting there and crying about EVERY move the staff makes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would he make south Florida a priority when most of these kids are looking for bags or just holding a spot why not go out of town or out of state for a receiver who wants to be here and has the talent to be here ?

There are plenty of kids and not the case with them all...And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing that at times. But LCE who knows these Dade kids and specifically northern dade very well just told us he wanted to be here and Stubbs nudged him out, cold -blooded plain and simple.

What does the bolded have to do with our conversation? I think you're reaching here. however since you brought it up, Go back to this thread and see what the kids who have decommitted from here are doing now. You know the ones that left and everyone said our staff sucks, we can't recruit, we need these kids cause they will ball elsewhere. How many of them are starters? How many of them are actually difference makers? 2 or 3 and only 1 of them a real loss (Hendo). Are you willing to admit that you were wrong when the majority of these kids left our classes?

Also are you sure that this kid committed to this staff? Again you're blaming the staff for something they didn't do. they didn't accept his commitment in the first place. How is that on them? and unlike LCE and his opinion this kid was "all Miami." You can't really be "all Miami" when you're taking visits and looking for a way out. Or they can't be "all Miami" but get caught up in feelings with we're not calling all the time. That's not being "all Miami"

So Shaq wasn't all UM when he visited Florida? How about Al Blades Jr when he decommitted from us? Harley being commited to WVU and reaffirmed his commitment to them after we blew WVU out? Every kid is not Duke, these kids take visits. You would too if you were a highly sought after kid. You get to see the nation and experience things the avg. kid never gets to experience. AND LOL regarding this staff not accepting his commitment. lol. Was he not listed as our commit?

Forget all of that, I asked you a question that you skirted by....was Fleming lazy and entitled when he committed here?

There are plenty of kids and not the case with them all...And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with doing that at times. But LCE who knows these Dade kids and specifically northern dade very well just told us he wanted to be here and Stubbs nudged him out, cold -blooded plain and simple.

The new staff came on board in February. How many times did Fleming even show up on campus since then? He could have come on campus any time. It's not a one way street.

Advertisement
dude most people on this board doesnt even know where Marc Britt plays high school ball....he likely wouldnt even start at wr at my high school. He isnt/wasnt a Miami take at all. **** you are the first one to bring his name up on this board in months. Um coaches "talked to him"?. They also talked to alot of people...talking and having a commitable offer are 2 diff things.

Francois-Even though i agree he would likely flip to UF if they offered.

Leonard Manuel isnt a Um take either.

So basically no one....with Francois as a possible. Tell your Gator friends we walked into Jacksonville and took 2 from them in THIS CLASS. RATHER EASILY
Don’t Britt play at st Vincent saint Mary??

Fleming was looking for an excuse to go elsewhere. Why take the visits to Maryland and Nebraska? The kid had other offers - these two couldn't have been the best choice he had. If they were, that also says alot. I'm with Manny on this one.
he never wantd to be at um

Why not? They clearly want him, they can promise him early playing time and he'd be in a spread offence so would be able to rely on his speed to get open.
Crooting history

there are better options out there for him then going to the middle of nowhere had a kid go to Washington State once

knew he wouldn’t like it out there

left in 18 months

Fleming is a pouty situational deep threat with limited positional skill. Pope was a better prospect and he's essentially a 2nd string situational deep threat in this offense. This is not a big loss - he probably would have transferred anyway when he wasn't getting early PT.

The obvious trend with WR recruiting is that Stubblefield (and likely Enos) prioritizes skill over athleticism. Worsham, Emilien and Lacy are all examples, and I want all 3. I'm sure the CIS box score/testing scout porsters will disagree and cry for more speed. We'll see who knows more about what traits are needed to be a good college WR - the Biletnikoff winner or the keyboard warriors.
they want speed but they dont want short wr's.

Advertisement
So Shaq wasn't all UM when he visited Florida? How about Al Blades Jr when he decommitted from us? Harley being commited to WVU and reaffirmed his commitment to them after we blew WVU out? Every kid is not Duke, these kids take visits. You would too if you were a highly sought after kid. You get to see the nation and experience things the avg. kid never gets to experience. AND LOL regarding this staff not accepting his commitment. lol. Was he not listed as our commit?

Forget all of that, I asked you a question that you skirted by....was Fleming lazy and entitled when he committed here?
He committed in June of 2018 how did this staff accept his commitment? They honored his commitment to a point. The kid didn't want to be here so now he is gone.

Also using Shaq as your example is kind of dumb. yes shaq was all Miami when he visited UF. You remember he got thrown out of the event for wearing a BIG ******* MIAMI SHIRT right?

I answered your question. yes the kid was more than likely lazy and entitled when he committed in June of 2018. If you want to continue to be recruited then don't commit. it's that simple.

Now answer my question....out of the all the kids on the decommit list which ones are true difference makers? Which ones proved they were lazy and entitled?

Two of our most criticized WRs the past year or more are looking like our top WRs now. Harley and Wiggins. Let's pump the brakes on Stubbs not doing anything well. He's as much responsible for their improvement as Thomas stepping back that you used in your own argument. Can't have it both ways.

This was my post on the WR group last week.

I've said before, that I feel Harley is closer to Thomas as our WR2 than anyone would give him credit for...this was back in August. Harley is a good wide receiver. Not perfect. Not a draft pick right now. But a nice little college wide receiver. KJ Osborn is still our WR1, but Mike Harley has become our WR2 over the past few weeks.

Marketshare numbers REC/YDS/TDs

Osborn's pretty nondescript game against Louisville dropped him to below a breakout season for the first time all year.

KJ Osborn - 18% / 17% / 21%
Jeff Thomas - 14% / 13% / 13%
Mike Harley - 16% / 17% / 13%
Dee Wiggins - 8% / 12% / 13%

*breakout candidate is when a receiver has over 20% of the marketshare of yards and TDs.

In 2018...marketshare numbers for wide receivers looked like this...

KJ Osborn (@SUNY-Buffalo as a WR2) - 23% / 28% / 25% (legitimate junior breakout, would have been looked at as a late round draft pick or UDFA, likely the latter, like his teammates)

Jeff Thomas - 19% / 25% / 15%
Mike Harley - 12% / 11% / 0%
Dee Wiggins - 4% / 4% / 0%

Lawrence Cager and Darrell Langham accounted for 14% / 25% / 48% of the marketshare of last year's offense.

My basic point is...have Harley and Wiggins played better? Sure. Of course they have. Players get better with reps and experience, too. Getting better is not alway a byproduct of the coach. Also, I think you are grossly overestimating how much better they are. None are currently breaking out in any possible way of the marketshare and while there is improvement, you could attribute a lot of their production to the vacuum created with departures and natural progression. Someone's got to be the next man up and catch the ball.

Even if you want to attribute whatever success you see there to Stubblefield, IMO, its insignificant in the grand scheme. We can do better at this University than this guy in every way.

Kind of like when Alex Collins went to Arkansas. Totally on our staff, not on the kid. Fleming will do some damage in the big 10, though. And Frost must still have deep relationships in South Florida.

wut.PNG

You mean Collins who got PAID and also got his fat p**** coach a job too?

#MoronsGonnaMoron

Advertisement
Stubbs dropped the ball on this one...

Delancy had been recruiting Marcus to Nebraska for awhile now he had never taken them seriously as a program until recently. From what I heard Stubbs hadn't had contact with the kid for long time now, Coach Field was still checking in on him but apparently Stubbs didn't care.

This is big loss no matter how you try to spin it, I know for a fact the kid wanted to play here but I guess he's not the kind of WR Enos & Stubbs is looking for smh.

Do you think it was the kid wanted to take visits and miami with their new policy said nah we good.

The new staff came on board in February. How many times did Fleming even show up on campus since then? He could have come on campus any time. It's not a one way street.

I believe a decent amount in spring and summer
they want speed but they dont want short wr's.

They certainly loved short WRs early in the season when they refused to play Wiggins and Hightower.

Advertisement
Are we really losing recruits to Nebraska? This staph man.
No we are not.

A mutual decision means both parties feel it is in the own best interests. If UM feels that way then there is more to this losing a recruit.

He committed in June of 2018 how did this staff accept his commitment? They honored his commitment to a point. The kid didn't want to be here so now he is gone.

Also using Shaq as your example is kind of dumb. yes shaq was all Miami when he visited UF. You remember he got thrown out of the event for wearing a BIG ******* MIAMI SHIRT right?

I answered your question. yes the kid was more than likely lazy and entitled when he committed in June of 2018. If you want to continue to be recruited then don't commit. it's that simple.

Now answer my question....out of the all the kids on the decommit list which ones are true difference makers? Which ones proved they were lazy and entitled?

Sigh. Lazy and entitled:

Chauncy Gardener has done pretty well for himself. Henderson is doing OK. Snelson did pretty well at UCF. Zack Moss is doing pretty well. Alex Collins did OK. Travis Rudolph did well at FSU. Dexter Williams was pretty good at ND. Jordan Scarlett was solid at UF. I know there's more, but these are the blue chip kids (w/ the exception of Moss) who decommited that have moved on to have solid careers.

And so we're clear, you said kids taking visits are not all Miami. My point was regardless if Shaq showed up in a U tank, he took a visit, did he not? Kids take visits and are still solid, so LCE's point still stands.

Advertisement
Back