Flemming de-commits

Advertisement
You make some good points Rell...

But I will say that it's frustrating that kids can't see the vision at Miami? But they all of a sudden see the hope and big picture and are willing to play the long game with Nebraska when the best they can do is 6-6 off two 4-8 seasons...**** one of their wins is at the buzzer at home against Northwestern who is losing to everyone by 30... I mean Frost is allowed to flop ya know?

Very true bro, and I feel the frustration more than anyone. However, Miami's mediocrity have forced my hand to become a college football fan where I now track every team. You can blame Golden for this b/c nothing made sense that we continued to under achieve despite the shear amount of Rivals/247 deemed blue chip players that we had. With that being said here's the problem w/ our vision v. Nebraska's vision, and I think it's a fair comparison between these once mighty giants of the CFB world since we both, ironically, have been M.I.A since 03:

Since 2004: Nebraska has compiled a record of 120-83 and have won 10 games 3x, won their division 5x, and won 5 bowl games
Since 2004: Miami has complied a record of 121-79 and have won 10 games 1x, won our division once, and 3 bowl games

The difference is that Nebraska hired a coach that went 19-7 at UCF (a Florida school), including 13-0 prior to accepting the job. So he's going to get the benefit of the doubt of rebuilding. As a contrast, we hired a coach that was already apart of a previous "vision" that failed, along w/ uber commercializing how Miami would be under his watch (TNM), and his "vision" has been a bust thus far, as well.

Unfortunately for Manny, which I alluded to, if he was going to do all this talking about TNM, he better be prepared for the bull's eye that comes with it. His only chance was for him to back up the talk b/c our trust level among So. Fla blue chip players are non-existent. The Chaney's of the world have become more of an anomaly, and unless we plan on dropping bags, the only way the de-commits stop or we get blue chip players is winning. Bags or winning is our only chance to change perception, unless we hire a coach who is known for recruiting and is an up and comer. The latter ain't happening for at least 2 more years, so we're only left w/ the first two options.

Advertisement
This staff is just bad, they can't recruit, and are sub par evaluators and obviously do not know the value of SFL football recruits. I hope LCE is not right with the Fleming for Daz talk, if so nothing will change and UM will continue to be the same old Miami
It’s like the same thing as making Flowe and Hyppolite an either or choice of one guy, starting with Flowe. Why wouldn’t they take both? There’s all kinds of trouble in how we do things.

Just another theory, maybe Fleming told the staff he wanted to look around and take a few visits..Manny told him that he would be in danger of losing his spot if he took any visits. Fleming told him to F off. Delancy told him to tell Manny to F off too. Fleming went to Nebraska. Stubbs told Manny to tell Fleming to kick rocks because Daz gave him the the "GO" signal..Manny told Fleming that his spot was gone now that Daz was in play and to decommit.. Fleming decommited.

"Technically" the theory would still hold true that it was a "mutual parting" and that he was technically dropped. Just throwing this out there.

Stop for a minute and think just how stupid an offensive recruit would have to be to honestly want to play for Nebraska. What highlights have you seen that or game that would actually think this is going to be the spot for me.

This is an indictment on Enos not Stubbs honestly.

He is definitely a part of the problem...his offense is pretty average. The @WhatTheHell thread when Enos was first hired told you everything you needed to know about him and it has been on the nose.

However, the reality is, none of the WRs that we have are particularly special either. Part of that is coaching, some of that is on the player themselves.

But, from my seat...I struggle to find one good thing Stubblefield does. He's not recruiting well (two major decommits, one commit). He's not evaluating well (lack of offers throughout the year to round out the last two - now three - WR spots in this class). I, personally, do not think much of the WRs we have on the roster and I don't see as much improvement as some want to pound the table for.

He looks pretty worthless, to me. Kind of showing why he was a middling, journeyman, Group of 5 / lowest end Power 5 position coach all of these years. He's a jobber by any measure.

That doesn't absolve other coaches, but, to me, Stubblefield stinks and I struggle to see any angle a recruit would see where learning under this guy is in their best interest.

Advertisement
At this point, who knows what to believe. Manny has always said he wants to lock down Dade so for the story to come out that we are basically "dropping" Fleming for Daz doesn't sound like a Manny type move. I would need to hear this from someone in Flemings camp or someone who really knows. This goes against everything that Manny has been preaching. ****, lets just say it, this move makes him sound like a **** hypocrite.
I think the only thing our staph dropped was the ball... again. People are looking for excuses to defend them because they don’t want to accept the hard truth that we are fûcked on the recruiting front with this group of coaches.

If the staff prefers Worsham over Flemming we can kick and scream, but at least a decision is being made. Better than just being outrecruited by ******* Nebraska. IF the staff cooled on him I would like to know why, because it isn’t about the football part.

For months, people have been saying he wouldn’t stick, but being so close to early NSD I thought we would catch a break with a stud like him, this plain sucks, even if they wanted Worsham I can see Flemming being a beast in CFB. IF he really goes to Nebraska the mathing ain’t matching up tho and I not even talking about bags, but something stinks if this is the case. Nebraska offense sucks, 6+ losses 2 years in a row and the QB is one of the worst in P5. How do you get visit high going to Nebraska in NOVEMBER? Maybe on spring/summer I could see it.

A light year on CB/S/TE/DT/OL/LB recruiting atm, not saying we don’t have talent coming in just that we have few studs at those postion. Now our best WR is out, don’t want to be a mope but is getting hard to envision us being in the CFP picture in the next 2/3 years with back to back disappointing classes like this

Everything will be more than fine.

Advertisement
Good post and agree on manny’s policy. You shouldn’t institute a policy until you’ve proven you are no longer an after thought. I actually like what manny is trying to do with that policy but you’ve got to be winning for anyone to respect it.

Sitting at 6-4 isn’t going to garner respect from a kid that has interest from other major programs to not take visits.

Win first then tell these kids to **** off if they take other visits.

This. Manny spoke too fast on way too many things. Hence he's had to change the narrative b/c he couldn't back up his words, and he received national criticism. Manny put a giant bull's eye on his back.....

And oh.............

It's never good when you have two WR that transfer during this 6-4 season, either. It's not a good look.

You do know I'm related to one of the coaches on MNW & that's literally my HS alma mater right?

Yeah I know. LOL. I am MNW class of 66'. I grew up in LC when it was actually a great place to live for black people. Thriving businesses, we had gangs but no real crime. Couldnt go to south beach unless you wanted to get your a$$ kicked by the cops. But we didnt need to. Unfortunately, we know how that turned out. I don't even go over there anymore unless its to visit one of my sisters or family members or for Christmas eve.

Anyway enough of the walk down memory lane, was trying to hold out on calling Manny a hypocrite. That said, I'm sticking to my theory that I posted in post 489. I think Manny dropped him after he warned him not to go on any visits. He called Mannys bluff. Manny pulled the rug.

If Fleming woke up one morning after eating his Cheerios to a call from Manny or Stubbs that they no longer would be recruiting him and for him to look elsewhere, then that a big problem for me and goes against everything he has been preaching to us since he was hired that Dade/Broward/WPB always come first.

Manny is trying to change the culture, kids like him, from what many have referenced, are not the kind of kids he thinks he needs to win. When we were great, the program policed itself from within with players holding each other accountable. If he walks off when he thinks he isn't getting enough targets, etc, let him go lose in Nebraska.

Advertisement
How is redding's speed? We are on our way to having plodding wide receivers at Miami and thats inexcusable.

Everything will be more than fine.
You and @Go Canes!! are legitimately the two most positive, non-trolling guys on the board. I would love for you two to be right and take your rightful places at the top here and for me to be completely wrong. I want us to be respectable again.

I just think there’s a lot of smoke in different areas and it will turn out most likely to be fires not coincidences. While I disagree with you guys on your optimism no disrespect intended towards either of you. We’re just tired of the same ole same ole we’ve seen before.

You and @Go Canes!! are legitimately the two most positive, non-trolling guys on the board. I would love for you two to be right and take your rightful places at the top here and for me to be completely wrong. I want us to be respectable again.

I just think there’s a lot of smoke in different areas and it will turn out most likely to be fires not coincidences. While I disagree with you guys on your optimism no disrespect intended towards either of you. We’re just tired of the same ole same ole we’ve seen before.

We good, there will always be ups and downs but we trending up and we ain't looking back. Just think of the progress you've seen from Florida to Louisville across the board. We good. We lose one we'll replace him. We good.

Advertisement
Back