Flemming de-commits

First of all, absolutely sucks to lose this kid. Character issues or not. Love his attributes.

This isn't about negging you, but your logic is surprisingly flawed here. You're usually on the **** ball. KJ Osborn is actually a great example of exactly the opposite of what you're trying prove. He's a 600 yard WR because of the half-assed system he's playing in. You think he came to Miami, got weaker, forgot how to catch, run routes and suddenly his production fell to 50% of previous year and his yards per catch dropped by 33%? You think Jeff Thomas' production is because he hasn't been taught something? I'm not judging our WR coach as a positive or negative, but your reasoning in support of saying he's average is as broken as our offense is under center.
I would say the competition is definitely better then what he face at Buffalo. Along with there being more talented options around him. There’s goes the crazy amount of targets he got at Buffalo..along with breaking in a new QB and the line..you can point out “system” okay fine. But like u kj isn’t average but he is also not what those Buffalo numbers suggest he is. But he’s solid asf

Advertisement
If the last sentence is true, I’m not sure I want to see what Enos wants on offense. That’s not using the built in advantage of being Miami and it’s proven over and over that the big body plodders like Njoku, Hightower, the ones that come to mind most recently... don’t work for us. The Harley, Wiggins, Pope, etc types that can run and have wiggle are the ones that break out.

Enos doesn't want to score points apparently

I would say the competition is definitely better then what he face at Buffalo. Along with there being more talented options around him. There’s goes the crazy amount of targets he got at Buffalo..along with breaking in a new QB and the line..you can point out “system” okay fine. But like u kj isn’t average but he is also not what those Buffalo numbers suggest he is. But he’s solid asf
Everything you just said supports my point.

So now you just wanted me to name the best WR in the country possibly? Cool gotcha.

I didn't know he was available.

I would have taken Beard in a heartbeat over Stubbs...Look it's the deepest year in Sofla for WR recruiting in a long, long time, even deeper than '17...Obviously we can only get a couple, and I understand the top dogs may not come, or we may sneak like 1 of the top 3 every 2 years. I like Restrepo...

But to miss on everyone then be rumored to have forced the one stud you did have out?

Rooting for Stubbs just like you...But he was an Enos hire for sure, I was in wait and see mode but to go 0-for- on

TJB
Rosemy
Fleming
Henderson (obv legacy)

and ignore
Poitier
Canion
J.Williams
Gowdy
Britt (ATH)
(landed RESTREPO, nice get)

Hopefully the Emilen two way interest is real, I don't think he's in top group, but he's a take. Obviously I like Redding but man...to be cool with landing only Restrepo from that group is a tough pill to swallow.
Daz, Restrepo, Redding is a good group. Restrepo is underrated as ****..Redding is the body type and athlete this room needs and Daz seems to be a technically sound kid with production..Beard being the coach doesn’t mean we getting the guys you named btw and I don’t think the top guys out of south Florida this year are as great as your making them out to be..Rosemary is nice tho

Stubbs dropped the ball on this one...

Delancy had been recruiting Marcus to Nebraska for awhile now he had never taken them seriously as a program until recently. From what I heard Stubbs hadn't had contact with the kid for long time now, Coach Field was still checking in on him but apparently Stubbs didn't care.

This is big loss no matter how you try to spin it, I know for a fact the kid wanted to play here but I guess he's not the kind of WR Enos & Stubbs is looking for smh.

Advertisement
I know you all hate reading the truth, so please, continue to neg the fvck out of me. Do it to this post.

Stubblefield is a poor recruiter and an average at best position coach. Nothing from our current crop of WRs tell me he is a good position coach.

KJ Osborn was at SUNY-Buffalo and was a 1200 yard WR as a WR2. He is now looking like a 600 yard wide receiver as our WR1. Jeff Thomas is looking like a guy that will have about the same production from last year to this year. Any differences would be negligible. Harley, Wiggins, and Pope...you all overhype them like crazy. They've improved, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just guys getting older and better because they are getting older and more experienced. We have a better QB, and that gives some of these players a modest bump in production. We have no one that currently in the midst of a breakout campaign that puts them on NFL Draft radars. Stubblefield has been at best, status quo. At worst, a net negative to the position group.

So listen, y'all gonna cry about this and not understand, but why should a 4* player with NFL aspirations come play for this man? Tell me why?

Also, I'm not seeing any standout commitments at this position group on the horizon.

Please don't even mention 2021 or 2022 kids. If you think those kids are sticking, you haven't been paying attention.

This is an indictment on Enos not Stubbs honestly.

No need to panic if we can land Worsham.
Worsham redding and restrepo is a solid class. If you add emilien its a B+ or A- class. If fleming is a head case maybe its addition by subtraction. Worsham and restrepo are ready to go and redding and emilien are high level athletes that can develop.

Daz, Restrepo, Redding is a good group. Restrepo is underrated as ****..Redding is the body type and athlete this room needs and Daz seems to be a technically sound kid with production..Beard being the coach doesn’t mean we getting the guys you named btw and I don’t think the top guys out of south Florida this year are as great as your making them out to be..Rosemary is nice tho
It’s gotta be nice to agree once in while 🤷🏾‍♂️

I can blame bags and performance when they go to Bama. Not sure I can do that with Nebraska though Brooklyn has mentioned bags and Nebraska before.

So is he a problem and we just don’t want him?

At some point, you are going to have to recognize that our recruiting is just not good.

Could also be we have 4 losses. but no one is mentioning that 10-0 2017 our class was great next year we **** the bed bad class.

Advertisement
LULZ @ the "mutual decision" and "head case" crap. Yes, I'm sure that's the spin.

We always hear this stuff after the fact, or at least it becomes more prominent, company line stuff.

These are 17 to 18 year olds, managing "head cases" is filed under development, it's part of the coaches jobs. We see plenty fall in line here and elsewhere, or they move on.

It's lame to keep trying to spin these things as some sort of addition by subtraction. This is a fast kid who produced at the West, you fight to keep these kids, IMO.

Delancy had been recruiting Marcus to Nebraska for awhile now he had never taken them seriously as a program until recently. From what I heard Stubbs hadn't had contact with the kid for long time now, Coach Field was still checking in on him but apparently Stubbs didn't care.

This is big loss no matter how you try to spin it, I know for a fact the kid wanted to play here but I guess he's not the kind of WR Enos & Stubbs is looking for smh.

There you have it...This is alarming and inexcusable.

We are feelings the effects of being irrelevant for the last 15 years. This is what south Florida is now. Bunch of mercenaries. Other teams have come down here and made their mark. Might as well get used to decommit U cause that’s what we’re going to be.
These kids are mercenaries by the time they hit high school.

Advertisement
Could also be we have 4 losses. but no one is mentioning that 10-0 2017 our class was great next year we **** the bed bad class.
It doesn’t help and I totally understand where you are coming from on this. But when Nebraska starts raping (to use a @Dwinstitles word) us for SoFlo kids, unless it’s bags, that argument goes away. I try to rationalize what I can but at some point I’ll find myself making excuses for everything.

Believe me, I’ve been hanging a lot of hope on coaching the talent we get up and winning to change recruiting. I think it helps with some kids like an Issiah Walker, but my confidence in that being almost everything is waning. We’ll see after NSD I guess.

I read your posts and internally scream....I sit there with the Doc Rivers face gif wondering wtf is happening. If we were on a little losing streak right now or coughed a game up the last two weeks......people would be more in an uproar. When they hired Stubb's and someone posted his social media posts... I swear I said to myself we have a fuqin Rumph as a wr coach. I was so angry....what about the guy who wanted to come here at PSU I believe? He would of been great here....now I think to myself would he be? I mean if u got a clown running shop it nullifies what guys are really capable of doing....it's like there getting held back by the logo and leadership that goes beyond a HC. This is basically a head coach job that is just a stop to make money and get fired....I would salivate getting a HC job here making bank and getting fired. This is a good job to do absolutely nothing and make bank

****. That F'kn sucks. I like what he's from a coaching stand point, but if can't realize that kids from Dade are just built different, he might need to get on his route.

Advertisement
Bc our staff can't recruit
I posted about this back in April. Historically only 40% of our actual class is locked in. We have SO MANY decommitments historicalky between now and then. Basically more than half the players “committed” right after February are gone by the time NSD rolls around.

You mind me asking where you heard Stubbs hadn’t contacted the kid in a long time?

This is pretty ******* shocking if true, especially for where we stand right now.

ESPN has a thing up today about the top players under 25 in the NFL. We don't even have an honorable mention: https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/28096531/ranking-nfl-top-25-players-age-25-2019

Argue about a player or two in either direction but this encapsulates why we have to earn every ******* inch and take nothing for granted.

I posted about this back in April. Historically only 40% of our actual class is locked in. We have SO MANY decommitments historicalky between now and then. Basically more than half the players “committed” right after February are gone by the time NSD rolls around.
We absolutely have to lead the nation in decommits and I don't think it's close

Advertisement
Back