Flemming de-commits

Advertisement
Miami isn't what you guys think Miami is. The second you remember this isn't 2002 and we are a mediocre program with little money, you won't be disappointed. If we finish top 20 in recruiting, that's a W.
Some of the recruiting classes that made up our late '80's championships were no higher than 20.

Kid has some major character issues. Was suspended from the spring game for hitting “someone” and has walked off the field during games because he got upset. Not to mention he is known for not being a big fan of the weight room. Very talented but could be a major headache
When Butch came back to UM he said "no high maintenance kids." Then he went out and recruited the best team ever.

This might be for the better.

If this kid is close to being a Jeff Thomas clone, we don't need. Thomas totally underproduces despite being very talented.

lmao..Kevin beard..micheal Wyatt..truth is you don’t really have a clue. How do I know this? Because you brought up stubberfield being from the air force academy..you know what programs produces WR the best for over a decade? Oklahoma state..Its a mix of they system along with the coaching of coach Dunn arguably the best WRs coach in the nation based on production..before he got there he was a coach at ******* southern miss..and a NFL running backs coach. He played at Idaho state lol..but if the university of Miami had hired him before he got to Oklahoma st, a person like you would say he had no business as a WRS coach at Miami..a good position before anything is a great teacher/communicator. If stubberfield is that then he’s good in my book at Miami. And you see guys developing right in front of your eyes

So now you just wanted me to name the best WR in the country possibly? Cool gotcha.

I didn't know he was available.

I would have taken Beard in a heartbeat over Stubbs...Look it's the deepest year in Sofla for WR recruiting in a long, long time, even deeper than '17...Obviously we can only get a couple, and I understand the top dogs may not come, or we may sneak like 1 of the top 3 every 2 years. I like Restrepo...

But to miss on everyone then be rumored to have forced the one stud you did have out?

Rooting for Stubbs just like you...But he was an Enos hire for sure, I was in wait and see mode but to go 0-for- on

TJB
Rosemy
Fleming
Henderson (obv legacy)

and ignore
Poitier
Canion
J.Williams
Gowdy
Britt (ATH)
(landed RESTREPO, nice get)

Hopefully the Emilen two way interest is real, I don't think he's in top group, but he's a take. Obviously I like Redding but man...to be cool with landing only Restrepo from that group is a tough pill to swallow.

Advertisement
First of all, absolutely sucks to lose this kid. Character issues or not. Love his attributes.

KJ Osborn was at SUNY-Buffalo and was a 1200 yard WR as a WR2. He is now looking like a 600 yard wide receiver as our WR1. Jeff Thomas is looking like a guy that will have about the same production from last year to this year. Any differences would be negligible. Harley, Wiggins, and Pope...you all overhype them like crazy. They've improved, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just guys getting older and better because they are getting older and more experienced. We have a better QB, and that gives some of these players a modest bump in production. We have no one that currently in the midst of a breakout campaign that puts them on NFL Draft radars. Stubblefield has been at best, status quo. At worst, a net negative to the position group.
This isn't about negging you, but your logic is surprisingly flawed here. You're usually on the **** ball. KJ Osborn is actually a great example of exactly the opposite of what you're trying prove. He's a 600 yard WR because of the half-assed system he's playing in. You think he came to Miami, got weaker, forgot how to catch, run routes and suddenly his production fell to 50% of previous year and his yards per catch dropped by 33%? You think Jeff Thomas' production is because he hasn't been taught something? I'm not judging our WR coach as a positive or negative, but your reasoning in support of saying he's average is as broken as our offense is under center.

People really blaming Manny and the staff are clueless. They're doing the best they can with what they have.

Bruh. Miami still has wooden lockers. In 2019. Our locker room isn't even on par with ARMY.
Holy ****! I did not realize that? Wooden lockers? What do the rest have, gold lockers embedded with diamonds?

I know Field came in with a recruiting pedigree but what has he done here? If he lands Flowe or Washington I’ll change my tone but as of now he has done nothing.

This is what makes me nervous about Mario potentially becoming our HC some day. Leave the Oregon bags behind and you start to see what happens.

Advertisement
Dude enough qoth this bags nonsense we are getting out recruited by programs not even wealthier than us. Im sick and tired of these **** excuses. Even if true how can miami not out do illegal activities than others. Either way we aint getting it done. I call BS tho

Also when you 🤡s make this statement directly to kids you just make us look pathetic. Im sick and tired of this victim mentality BS
Ok dude. I’ll put on the entire clown outfit and big *** red nose for you. ****, I’ll even get one of those capuchin monkeys on a leash. All I hear is win and they’ll come. All I hear is produce day one draft picks and they’ll come. All I hear is that elite sofla recruits need to see development and wins on the field. But this mfer Is bypassing schools that are recruiting him that are closer to home win more and even put more dudes in the NFL than Scott frost in the second year. Basically he has the same record as Willie Taggart with the same results on the field. But I’m a clown that keeps talking about bags despite Fleming breaking every single rule that everybody on here says come is bypassing schools that are recruiting him that are closer to home when more and even put more dudes in the NFL and Scott Frost in the second year. Basically he has the same record as Willie Taggart with the same results on the field. But I’m a clown to keep talking about bags despite Fleming breaking every single rule that everybody on here says we need to follow in order for an elite South Florida recruit to stay here.

Advertisement
Do you think Jimmy Johnson would give a **** about any of this? I thought we were done with the holyier than thou bull****.
See my comment about Butch. Best recruiter ever and did not like kids who are trouble. This kid sounds like he would fit the bill as a "high maintenance kid."

I think Most of everything like the IPF, dorms and stuff is up there with the best. But Miami really needs to make a commitment of enhancing the lockerrooms, player lounge and recovery/training rooms because those parts are lacking for sure
I don't think this is the problem with Fleming, if he really does have the behavioral issues some here describe. 5'8" WR with "issues" night not be worth it. We'll chase other talent.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back