Flemming de-commits

Ivins 247 quotes:

"My read: Miami found out Worsham is coming which made Fleming, who is messing around taking visits, somewhat expandable."

"Miami didn't seem to care that he was visiting other schools and the word this morning is that this was a mutual parting of ways. I think there's some truth to that. At the same time though, it's hard to just let a local Top247 kid just bounce espically one at a school like Northwestern. I will add that I'm not really sure he fits what Enos and them want to do on offense"

@brock
They seem like completely different types of receivers though

Advertisement
I know you all hate reading the truth, so please, continue to neg the fvck out of me. Do it to this post.

Stubblefield is a poor recruiter and an average at best position coach. Nothing from our current crop of WRs tell me he is a good position coach.

KJ Osborn was at SUNY-Buffalo and was a 1200 yard WR as a WR2. He is now looking like a 600 yard wide receiver as our WR1. Jeff Thomas is looking like a guy that will have about the same production from last year to this year. Any differences would be negligible. Harley, Wiggins, and Pope...you all overhype them like crazy. They've improved, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just guys getting older and better because they are getting older and more experienced. We have a better QB, and that gives some of these players a modest bump in production. We have no one that currently in the midst of a breakout campaign that puts them on NFL Draft radars. Stubblefield has been at best, status quo. At worst, a net negative to the position group.

So listen, y'all gonna cry about this and not understand, but why should a 4* player with NFL aspirations come play for this man? Tell me why?

Also, I'm not seeing any standout commitments at this position group on the horizon.

Please don't even mention 2021 or 2022 kids. If you think those kids are sticking, you haven't been paying attention.

Advertisement
If the last sentence is true, I’m not sure I want to see what Enos wants on offense. That’s not using the built in advantage of being Miami and it’s proven over and over that the big body plodders like Njoku, Hightower, the ones that come to mind most recently... don’t work for us. The Harley, Wiggins, Pope, etc types that can run and have wiggle are the ones that break out.
Ivins uses a lot of assumptions and passes it off as a fact sometimes. We started the season with 3 receivers 6’0 or under (2 5’10) starting at 3 positions. Maybe his comment has merit in terms of blocking because all of those guys block( yes jt4 does that very well so does Harley and at times osborn) and maybe Fleming can’t do that well. But i wouldn’t read much in to it in terms of receiver types per say and what enos offense is trending towards. If any recent weeks were any indication we are trending towards more of a true spread look especially if you look at the Louisville game. Don’t even think we used a fullback there and have been operating more out of the pistol in recent weeks

I think it’s time to stop negging & calling every poster who says something that don’t fit our fandom a troll.

I wish I could just find & bump threads, but we’ve had posters come on and say there’s going to be more transfers, after D Smith transferred. (That happened) A poster saying Fleming is going to de-commit, regardless if he “re-affirmed” his commit status to us (Now it’s happened.)

Look, I don’t know the inner workings of this program, but I do know recruits being that I was/am at ground zero w some of these guys. I told ya’ll Manny’s statement was not going to fly, and it made ABSOLUTELY no sense. If Manny & Co. wants to make the Miami offer mean something again, then he must first change the perception of how Miami’s viewed and that means not losing to GT & UNC.

Scott Frost has struggled his first two yrs @nebraska, but he’s selling what he did at UCF. That’s still fresh in ppl’s mind.

Fellas, I was harsh on the hiring of Manny, and rightly so b/c:
1) Hiring a coach from a failed regime almost never works out (And just remember, even Golden & Randy won 9 games in a season)

2) His recruiting prowess has ALWAYS been ?able here.

Yet, he’s got an uphill battle to change our image, and changing our image can’t be class after class filled w 3star or lower players, not in today’s football.

We just need to continue to finish strong and hope that in the off season, Manny gets some guys on staff that can identify talent, and recruit. Hopefully we can bring some momentum w a win streak & bowl victory.
The only thing fresh in people's mind is the amount of absolutely *** whoopings and trash showings he's put on the field. Frost is very far removed from UCF in the college world. Heupal is the new dawg that anyone equates UCF with these days and they suck too this year.

A lazy, malcontent (people who have heard rumors on MF words about him not my words about him), shouldn't be at Miami. We were built on hard workers who had talent, but also had the work ethic to not get outworked. That's what made us great. Not lazy, entitled kids who can run fast.

Advertisement
If we win they will come, if we fire all our coaches they will come.....
It’s not winning and it’s not coaching. Our O looks good finally, everything about it says the future is very bright. We have very good players committed. What are they committed to and why are these kids really decommitting

I know you all hate reading the truth, so please, continue to neg the fvck out of me. Do it to this post.

Stubblefield is a poor recruiter and an average at best position coach. Nothing from our current crop of WRs tell me he is a good position coach.

KJ Osborn was at SUNY-Buffalo and was a 1200 yard WR as a WR2. He is now looking like a 600 yard wide receiver as our WR1. Jeff Thomas is looking like a guy that will have about the same production from last year to this year. Any differences would be negligible. Harley, Wiggins, and Pope...you all overhype them like crazy. They've improved, but nothing out of the ordinary. Just guys getting older and better because they are getting older and more experienced. We have a better QB, and that gives some of these players a modest bump in production. We have no one that currently in the midst of a breakout campaign that puts them on NFL Draft radars. Stubblefield has been at best, status quo. At worst, a net negative to the position group.

So listen, y'all gonna cry about this and not understand, but why should a 4* player with NFL aspirations come play for this man? Tell me why?

Also, I'm not seeing any standout commitments at this position group on the horizon.

Please don't even mention 2021 or 2022 kids. If you think those kids are sticking, you haven't been paying attention.
bro..it’s Nebraska..I could understand if your talking UGA, Bama, OU..but Nebraska..is the last wr Nebraska put in the league still playing? Kenny bell I believe..imo your take is a broad in scope and very opinionated..this specific case doesn’t fit what your saying

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not wasting my time anymore if he wanted out or was looking for a reason whatever. If he says Stubb's can't recruit but doesn't care how much the wrs imporbed then whatever

Facts again

Advertisement

This kid flipped to a Nebraska team who’s leading receiver has virtually (40/39) the same number of catches as Osborn.

Their top four receivers have 117 catches, ours have 137.

LOL, I haven't even checked the recruiting board for weeks and now I remember why. Same ****, different year.

Advertisement
Back