FLAT - still got W

Meh.

Team wasn't flat—it was your standard noon kickoff type game after watching a slew of 8pm ET kickoffs the past few weeks.

Defense stood strong in red zone and Miami put 31 points on Pitt's defense—something no other team has done (in regulation) since Central Florida scored 34 in a one-point loss last year.

Coming off a disappointing beat-down at Clemson, the Canes beating the Panthers by double digits is a big win. Especially year two of the Diaz era after showing up flat so often last fall.
Just rewatched. Still think they were flat but we agree on the big W after tough Clemson loss.

Advertisement
Is VT still missing half their team? UVA and NCST are 43rd and 47th in Total D, respectively. I looked for VT and those ******** are 65th...out of 77.

Not sure what to make of them and haven't watched a single snap all year outside of highlights. Going into Blacksburg middle of November typically isn't the easiest task but I was surprised to see them ranked that low in Total D. Whats their deal, been missing a bunch of starters?
Covid. They were playing linebackers at safety vs UNC. UNC lit them up for about 700 yards, contributed to their poor rankings. They are getting more guys back every week and are looking like a solid team.

On the bright side the Pitt game was a classic game we've lost after a big let down like Clemson in years past. I'll take the W and hope the team builds themselves back up.

Advertisement
Back