Flashes from last night's memories

Anyone notice toolbox Trent’s block on Redwine’s interception? TEAM WIN

Advertisement
We are going to have to figure out how to pick up short yardage at some point. Goal line or 4 and short, etc. No mystery that we don't have a fullback and our OL just doesn't have the strength to blow the DL off the ball. We actually have the answer with Dallas in Wildcat. Go 4-5 wide to spread out D, Rosier at QB initially, then have Dallas run in at QB while Rosier shifts out to take a WR spot, have Thomas go in motion, lbs will either take bait and follow Thomas, leaving wide open run lane for Dallas, or stay home on Dallas and Thomas turns corner for TD. I like Dallas at QB in this situation over Rosier because I think an explosive runner can make that run up the middle easily.

So we are good and getting better with room to get much better. Can't wait to see how good we are by the time we meet Bama. What I liked the most was the defense was bringing lumber last night and swinging it hard.

"We're not perfect and maybe our rankings get worse immediately after ND, but this is what we are so far, which I maintain since last week is above average."

I loved the stuff you said about offense but we are way way better than just average on D . **** I would take our D over any in the country besides maybe 1-2 teams. I don't care what stats say this D is just nasty . Also with our green our secondary was to start the season I think you have to take away any stats from early games . Our D the last month has been fantastic 70% of the time and the other 30% is just due to youth nothing else. Every one I talk to who isn't a canes fan all they want to talk about is how insane our D is and I can talk about that for days .
I've maintained throughout the year we are an above average defense just currently shy of elite.

We need the offense's help a little. We can't just trot out there for 90 plus plays consistently and shut most of it down as some have expressed we should. Believe me, I've been the one supporting the D while acknowledging some of their warts. Just read last week's threads/posts after the UNC game.

We'll see how the stack against ND's OL. It's not a good comparison to GT's run game, as was mentioned in another thread. They just attack altogether differently.

If this defense could ever just get a 17-0/21-0 type of lead and just play downhill it would be scary....

This. It changes a lot for them to play in close or trailing situations. Put them out front and it will be hard for teams to claw back.

I think we saw a glimpse of what it'd look like on vatech's last drive.

Advertisement
Lu I didn't mind that call to Jeff Thomas over the top. I just wish Rosier would've have thrown a longer pass. To me, that's more an execution problem/mistake than coaching error...

If Rosier throws the ball in the middle of the field instead of outside its a catch for Thomas.

I think you're right about seeing the D on Va Tech's last drive.

Just waiting for them to start housing some of these turnovers. They got their return on a couple of times last night, but when they actually start turning those fumbles & interceptions into instant points, well, that's when it's gonna really get fun.

We have the best DL in the ACC, if you look from first guy to last guy. Better than NC St and Clemson, and we just keep rotating them in there. In the 4th the OL is tired. The high this week is 48 in South Bend, lows of 20s. When they come down here it's not gonna be so easy for them to run it. Count on it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RJ looks like a fast Frankenstein out there. Just a giant guy walking through walls consistently. These big dudes aren’t often at their best until about 3 or 4 years out of HS. He’s so much better this year than last.

This man speaks truth. McIntosh is our best player regardless of position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
RJ looks like a fast Frankenstein out there. Just a giant guy walking through walls consistently. These big dudes aren’t often at their best until about 3 or 4 years out of HS. He’s so much better this year than last.

Yep. People don't realize how wide McIntosh is - he's a giant. I recall watching him up close a couple years ago (RS FR, IIRC) and he was easily the most imposing figure in the DL - large large frame and carries it really well.

Yep. People don't realize how wide McIntosh is - he's a giant. I recall watching him up close a couple years ago (RS FR, IIRC) and he was easily the most imposing figure in the DL - large large frame and carries it really well.

He looks like a behemoth out there. Just a big wide gigantic dude who carries no body fat. I just picture him as Fast Frankenstein.

Advertisement
Back