Five True Freshmen who could make Heisman Hype

Advertisement
wow, they need something to write about if this is the gibberish that makes the cut...

Advertisement
I have no doubt Duke is going to get talked about in the Heisman race more than once. Win it? Highly unlikely, but players of his caliber aren't exactly everywhere on every team. Green behind the ears or not, the kid has talent. He's going to be praised more than booed this year by a huge margin.

Hope he can live up to the hype that Debo had (Hester)

D Hester returned his 1st kickoff in OB vs Gates - ridiculous

Advertisement
If Hester could've just been better at WR while at Miami he would've had a shot for Heisman.

I could see Duke getting some love even as a freshman if he can propel us to a 1 or even 2 loss season. But then you'd think Stephen Morris would be deserving of the talk but Duke is more likely to have those "Heisman moments" IMO.

If Morris can just find some touch on that cannon he'll be more of the reason we win games but Duke will have those plays everyone is talking about all week.

the hype train has run off the tracks. mofos brains are boiling with propaganda. kid is a freshman.

lol at 1 or 2 losses. puff puff give *****

The article was about freshman who could possibly make noise. There is always a freshman who gets Heisman talk for a good portion of the season. Sammy Watkins was the guy last year. It's just something to talk about leading up to the season. I see nothing wrong with it. Will Duke actually win the Heisman? Not very likely. But if he is even in the discussion for more than a month we will be in better shape than we've been in a while.

If Hester could've just been better at WR while at Miami he would've had a shot for Heisman.

I could see Duke getting some love even as a freshman if he can propel us to a 1 or even 2 loss season. But then you'd think Stephen Morris would be deserving of the talk but Duke is more likely to have those "Heisman moments" IMO.

If Morris can just find some touch on that cannon he'll be more of the reason we win games but Duke will have those plays everyone is talking about all week.

The staff had no idea how to use Devin

Advertisement

This. Other than a few toss plays, they didnt know nada

when was the last time a Miami player got any Heisman love from UM?.....Lamar Miller was getting some honable mention or stock rising type stuff for the first few games last year.....Jacory Harris was a top 5 contender after two games in 2009 but faded fast......Devin got some preseason hype but NOTHING materialize.....Did Sean Taylor finish in the top 10 in 2003? He should have 2002 ....... Dorsey and McGahee finish top 4 that was sweet

Last edited:

This. Other than a few toss plays, they didnt know nada

Just having him on the field would have created problems for defenses.

Advertisement
The Coker defenders claimed Hester was too dumb to learn any positions. I know he has a learning disability, but he does a serviceable job at WR for the Bears. He can definitely take a screen to the house at any moment.

Advertisement
Back