Five Thoughts On This Season + The Future

worst head coach in UM history imo
i'd say y'all will see next year, but you keep moving the goalposts...
Some of us already jumped off the bandwagon completely after the GT game. Pretty early I know, but sometimes you can tell immediately when someone is not It. This will be a painful firing because of the money being poured in with nothing in return.

Advertisement
Mario the coach F, borderline F-. Mario the recruiter A/A+. Overall, we're staring at a C/C- coach which is a 7-5 or 6-6 season with an occasional 8-4 year. Mario needs a "How to Coach for Dummies" book like yesterday

Mario gets a resounding D- at best-

GT debacle F+

Today is another F

Only reason he gets a D- was his recruiting class-

He’s abysmal game day I have no optimism for the future with him leading the way.

In the 2024 Recruiting Class we have:

a 3* Star project at QB
a super fullback

The future of this team is bunched formations with 3 blockers in the backfield and running it on 1st and 2nd down to set up 3rd and 7.
Who's the super fullback?

Advertisement
Mario will be fired within the next 2-3 years. I am dead serious. I called Richt leaving early and said Manny getting fired within 2 years in 2019(he was let go in 2021).

The buyout will not be pretty but it will get done.

The biggest problem will be who they hire after. I believe the program has bad juju from winning it all again.
The $$$ guys who brought Mario in only did it TO GET MARIO. They will not pony up $$ to now fire the very guy they wanted so desperately. Mario is here for a long time so everyone honestly should let that go. Complain all you want- and there is plenty to complain about- but that cat is here for a while.

Advertisement
Mario is not head coach material period. He is nothing more than a OL position coach who is a great HS recruiter, he better hope he gets his portal QB and a reliable outside receiver, because we have neither heading into next year. It's likely Carr, Trader and Robinson won't have a big impact next year.

Advertisement
Guidry was an improvement over steele but he leaves a lot to be desired. Seems like everytime we do get momentum on offense the defense allows the other team to march down the field and score taking back momentum. And it’s been that way for a number of games this year

We need to really retool the rb position. Outside a handful of the 13 games we played the other team had the better feature running back and that just can’t continue to happen at Miami

Mario will be fired within the next 2-3 years. I am dead serious. I called Richt leaving early and said Manny getting fired within 2 years in 2019(he was let go in 2021).

The buyout will not be pretty but it will get done.

The biggest problem will be who they hire after. I believe the program has bad juju from winning it all again.
Schiano is next, or whoever is coaching Temple

Advertisement
@Memnon told yall exactly what would happen and yall made him change his name from LCE to Raheem Abdul jabbar and go underground
He was one of a couple who laid out what the early years would look like. Losing games we shouldn't for the sake of "instilling an identity". 25 games later Rutgers is better at that game than Miami is and Mario's relative is getting non garbage time snaps in a bowl game

We need to really retool the rb position. Outside a handful of the 13 games we played the other team had the better feature running back and that just can’t continue to happen at Miami
This isn’t talked about enough. Miami ranks 110th in creating broken tackles. Absolutely pathetic. It’s just a bunch of guys on offense who go down as soon as they get touched.

Advertisement
Back