Five-Star Safety Jacoby Mathews

Advertisement
Advertisement
Remember when Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss got too big for his britches with that number 1 class NCAA came knocking. Different time now but will be interesting to see how Saban’s non-compliance committee in the NCAA looks at this.

Curious: are we maxed at 50k per student, or 50k per individual deal? And is that 50k per year?

More. Miami had a larger NIL deal for Shemar than what A&M ended up offering.
352E7EC6-93BD-419E-92DE-669707DEE80D.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why there needs to be a cap per team, per signing period. This Texas A&M signing class is the poster child on how screwed up this is right now.
Put a cap in place so bama can hit the cap and drop the rest under the table. I don't understand how you all think giving the NCAA some of it's power back is beneficial for Miami.

Advertisement
I believe Cribby said in another thread that our NIL package was more $ guaranteed/overall. The a2m offer was structured with incentives and conditional on staying 4 years. Not to mention stuff for Moe the Hutt.

So then what put atm over the top for SS? Guaranteed PT? Greasing Moe’s skids?

Put a cap in place so bama can hit the cap and drop the rest under the table. I don't understand how you all think giving the NCAA some of it's power back is beneficial for Miami.
So now instead of dealing with the SEC under the table bag game, we just watched Texas A&M oil money cherry pick everybody, followed by SEC money. We just upped our NIL game, in all fairness let's see how that shakes out in the 2023 recruiting cycle, can't judge our 2022 class with a new coach, although Mario recruiting saved this class. Texas A&M NIL is a whole different level of money.

So then what put atm over the top for SS? Guaranteed PT? Greasing Moe’s skids?
It seems to me that it was a combination of Moe, and what other people have alluded to, the relationships with all the other people in the class. The whole "best class ever" thing they were selling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back