2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW UT raising the offer means one of two things

1) desperation attempt due to trailing another program

2) Slight lead but rumblings of momentum

You don’t raise the offer if you’re secure about where you stand. Either way all good news for UM. All the pressure is on UT, lets go close.

Advertisement
Yessir

Yessir.....and in turn, developed a Super Close friendship with Jerome down the line.

Not to derail the thread but the day Reggie made the announcement is one that I will never forget. I think about it every once in a while, especially when football season starts to heat up. One of the most devastating days of my Eagles fandom.

“No. I still feel good about Miami’s chances and I like where they stand, I just think Tennessee made a move too. There’s still a few days left here and I think Miami will do what they need to do to close. I was just indicating the pulse of the recruitment as of Thursday morning.”

Whats up with this guy?

Live look at Gabby
1656614583698.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know what ya’ll want Gaby to say lol. He can’t win.
Man poor guy can't catch a break. In all fairness he's dug this grave for himself and every time we think he is going to take a risk, he big time hedges. I think people would respect him more if he'd just make a declaration, even if he doesn't put in a CB. The whole "I'm not confident in it at this point, but I'm CLOSE to putting in a CB" is just ridiculous. Do it or don't. You can even put a "5" on it if you're not 100% confident. Too worried about his win %.

Advertisement
gaby is fine. Works hard. Just says word salads too much lol
My first job out of college was in sales and the first critique from my sales manager was to stfu with the word vommit. I kept saying things like "yeah okay cool definitely" after every response from the business owner. It's stuck with me to this day.

David Lake needs to have that convo with him. But agreed, the kid is pretty harmless.

Clearly you don't get it. If we come out and play the same unprepared, undiscipline football characterized by Manny's teams, watch how fast recruiting will fall off. There will be a collective WTF. Gators and Holes will appear in the tears threads saying "same Ol' Miami. Again, only the off season champs".

Whatever, you have your opinion, I'm have mine. You're entitled to be wrong. Have a nice day. ;)
On this site you have to know when the argument comes to an end. I'm not convincing you of anything and you won't convince me either. I see us win 10 games started 10-0 , in playoff contention and we probably scraped a #8 class, the difference makers still went away to Bama and others. I seen schools, multiple lose 3,4,5 games, losing records and still haul in top 5 class. I seem Ole Miss win 10 games and struggle to haul im a top 20 class. Years before they won less games and was pushing top 5 classes. Good recruiters with resources recruit. Its that simple for me, u see otherwise. All good.

Advertisement
FWIW UT raising the offer means one of two things

1) desperation attempt due to trailing another program

2) Slight lead but rumblings of momentum

You don’t raise the offer if you’re secure about where you stand. Either way all good news for UM. All the pressure is on UT, lets go close.

They are well “aware” of Miami trust me.

My first job out of college was in sales and the first critique from my sales manager was to stfu with the word vommit. I kept saying things like "yeah okay cool definitely" after every response from the business owner. It's stuck with me to this day.

David Lake needs to have that convo with him. But agreed, the kid is pretty harmless.
Yep, learned the same. Don't talk your way out of a sale. Once they say "yes" stop talking.

On this site you have to know when the argument comes to an end. I'm not convincing you of anything and you won't convince me either. I see us win 10 games started 10-0 , in playoff contention and we probably scraped a #8 class, the difference makers still went away to Bama and others. I seen schools, multiple lose 3,4,5 games, losing records and still haul in top 5 class. I seem Ole Miss win 10 games and struggle to haul im a top 20 class. Years before they won less games and was pushing top 5 classes. Good recruiters with resources recruit. Its that simple for me, u see otherwise. All good.
Yet all those teams not named Bama, Ga or Clemson have not achieved sustainable success. It's not about winning recruiting championships. It's about winning national championships. At some point it has to translate on the field.

That should be obvious.

Yet all those teams not named Bama, Ga or Clemson have not achieved sustainable success. It's not about winning recruiting championships. It's about winning national championships. At some point it has to translate on the field.

That should be obvious.
We were talking about this recruiting class, the coaches first full class. If u don't win after 2, 3 years then the recruits start paying attention because then your promises aren't materializing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back