2023 Five-Star IMG OL Francis Mauigoa... (Announcing July 4th at 3 pm EST COMMITS!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
🤷🏽‍♂️...

Coach Pata is an OL coach, so it’s either for Kinsler or Mauigoa
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

He has top programs from around the nation pursuing him, and he took June official visits to Miami (for Legends Camp weekend), Alabama and Michigan State. He’s targeting making a summer decision, with most thinking it will be one of those three, and says he will take two more official visits in-season with Oregon, Oklahoma, Georgia, Florida, Penn State and Ohio State vying for those.

Will choose from one of those programs.

He reflects on his UM official visit, saying “It was great. I really liked the culture they had around there, the people they have there. It felt great. They were telling me that I’m a great offensive lineman, that they’d love to have me, how they’ve had great offensive linemen in the past.”

If Okunlola does wind up a Cane in the end, the past will have been overcome. He says growing up he knew virtually nothing about UM, and the only reason the Hurricanes are in this is because of coaches Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal. They started recruiting Okunlola to Oregon his sophomore year, and transitioned the chase to UM.

“They’ve shown they produce really great offensive line play,” Okunlola said. “I can see the opportunity I have down there overall just looking at everything. I see the City of Miami as a whole, my branding that could be there, bringing it up. And the education is great.”
Could it be his branding and development coupled with his tenured relationship with Mirabel and Mario versus the bigger NIL deal and places for his family to move? Seems those are the questions at hand here in this dilemma.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back