Five coaches on the hot seat

Pete

Freshman
Another site lists five coaches as being on the hot seat.It may be because
of their past record,strength of 2017 schedule,tough away games but never the less
here they are.

Kelly-Notre Dame
Sumlin-Texas A&M
Malzhan-Auburn
Mora-UCLA
Jones-Tennessee

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hardly care in the least about the other 4 teams, but I hope Brian Kelly wins just enough games at ND this year to keep his job. Keep ND in 8-5 purgatory.

Advertisement
My guess is Mora is the first to go.

You might be right. But I think it's the worst job of the 5.

TAMU would be my choice ... Because they've got Larry Fedora and Chad Morris on stand-by to take the job.

No clue who would want that UCLA job ...

****, they'd probably hire Sumlin ... LOL

I think Kelly and Jones are pretty visibly at the top of the hot seat list. The other 3 are people who the respective fanbases were generally willing to give another year. On the other hand about 75% of ND and Tennessee fans wanted Kelly and Jones fired after last season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is just one more reason that I want to absolutely destroy Notre Dame this year. If I'm Richt I have this game circled. Nothing would make me happier than to put a beatdown on that assbag Brian Kelly that is so unmercyful and severe that the analysts start referencing the 58-7 beatdown Jimmy Hat put on Gerry Faust for comparison.

I think Kelly and Jones are pretty visibly at the top of the hot seat list. The other 3 are people who the respective fanbases were generally willing to give another year. On the other hand about 75% of ND and Tennessee fans wanted Kelly and Jones fired after last season.

No chance. Upon further thought, it's Mora that's the leader of this pack, right NOW. He's the one with the greatest probability of getting fired. Obviously, let's see how the season plays out.

Here's a thought experiment: if Kelly, Butch Jones, and Mora, all go 5-7 this season, who gets fired? It wouldn't be Kelly, and it wouldn't be Jones, it would be Mora

Mora is much closer to the trap door than those two.

Kelly is at least two more bad seasons away from being fired, and the Tennessee fans are still delusionally positive about Butch Jones. From what I can tell, it's at least over half of them. From people I know in the Tennessee area. If you've got other information, let me know. But Butch Jones is still pretty popular up there.

Advertisement

No chance. Upon further thought, it's Mora that's the leader of this pack, right NOW. He's the one with the greatest probability of getting fired. Obviously, let's see how the season plays out.

Here's a thought experiment: if Kelly, Butch Jones, and Mora, all go 5-7 this season, who gets fired? It wouldn't be Kelly, and it wouldn't be Jones, it would be Mora

Kelly is at least two more bad seasons away from being fired, and the Tennessee fans are still delusionally positive about Butch Jones. From what I can tell, it's at least over half of them. From people I know in the Tennessee area. If you've got other information, let me know. But Butch Jones is still pretty popular up there.

Kelly and Jones get fired at 5-7 too. The only thing that kept Kelly employed after last year was the massive buyout. They didn't want to be paying Weis and Kelly buyouts at the same time.

Kelly and Jones get fired at 5-7 too. The only thing that kept Kelly employed after last year was the massive buyout. They didn't want to be paying Weis and Kelly buyouts at the same time.

I wish there was some way to test the theory.

I absolutely think Kelly keeps his job if he goes 5-7 this year. I'm not saying he wouldn't be in the hot seat, but he'd get another year. Let's see hiw the season goes. It's not a pipe dream to think he might have a 5-7, or 6-6 season.

As far as Butch, aren't a lot of those Tennessee hillbillies still strongly in his corner. He's a lot less likely to go 5-7, so we may never know with him.

I'm sticking with Mora first, for sure.

Tenn's fans will give Butch Jones another year unless his team totally falls apart this season. They are tired of all the coaching changes that have yielded nothing since Fulmer and are willing to give him time, kinda like we did for Golden. They will be starting an inexperienced QB this year and might give Jones until next year to get things right. All they have to do is win the weak SEC-east and he will have his contract extended and their fans will start dreaming outside of their lane

Pretty much this. Most people don't realize how close Brian Kelly actually is to his 3 predecessors in performances if you exclude 2012. Which at this point is 5 years ago, in other words about 100 years ago in the eyes of CFB fans. Here are Kelly's records at ND:

8-5
8-5
12-1
9-4
8-5
10-3
4-8

Advertisement
Back