Fiutak Take on the 2017 Season

I can see a lose to Pitt if it in a Sun Bowl like blizzard which is completely possible in Pittsburgh in late November and would reduce our chances of taking advantage of Pitt's awful secondary.

Advertisement
Canes fans are always hyping up weak *** teams that we routinely beat.

Programs like Pitt, GTech & Duke are always going to lose to us when we have a halfway decent HC at the helm.

They don't have the talent on either side of the ball to compete with us.

We literally turned our season around on Pitt last year, we were 4-4 & coming off the disaster of October, we absolutely opened up a can on Pitt.

Take away an early KR TD & one blown coverage by Jamal Carter & Pitt only scores 14 against us, other than that we beat the **** out of the almighty Pitt Panthers with that supposed great Offense.

Idgaf what y'all say, we not losing to Pitt even if it's on the road & snowing.

Our potential L's are the same every year FSU, Va Tech & UNC, and even though you could throw in ND, I think we're beating them this year too.

Last edited:

Programs like Pitt, GTech & Duke are always going to lose to us when we have a halfway decent HC at the helm.

We literally turned our season around on Pitt last year, we were 4-4 & coming off the disaster of October, we absolutely opened up a can on Pitt.

Take away an early KR TD & one blown coverage by Jamal Carter & Pitt only scores 14 against us, other than that we beat the **** out of the almighty Pitt Panthers with that supposed great Offense.

Our potential L's are the same every year FSU, Va Tech & UNC, and even though you could throw in ND, I think we're beating them this year too.

I can see losing to FSU on the road in the third game of the year with a new QB, but not losing to them twice.

I can see losing to FSU on the road in the third game of the year with a new QB, but not losing to them twice. And while UNC and VT are usually tough, they both have huge losses in talent, and we should lay a can on them.

@libertycityel - can you please PM me. Thank you.

I don't think we're losing to them I just think with a blizzard game similar to the sun bowl things could get sloppy because of a wet ball with fumbles or receiver unable to catch the football similar to the game against UNC last year or the game against Wash St. Plus you add in that the fact most of the players on the roster is from Florida so they aren't use to the cold snowy weather.

Advertisement
Sorry, but we're not losing to Pitt.... and fsu....well I see us splitting worse case scenario. Once we woke up vs. WVU, I see this team in a whole different light.

We coming! JMO
Agree with this... We whopped Pitt's *** in their own house when Scott was an interim, there's no way we lose to them now.

except: if in late November it's 17 degrees in Pittsburgh, windy and snowing ... we could have some problems

It's hard to listen to someone that doesn't even know the returning starters on each side of the ball.

jesus wept

Sorry, but we're not losing to Pitt.... and fsu....well I see us splitting worse case scenario. Once we woke up vs. WVU, I see this team in a whole different light.

We coming! JMO
Agree with this... We whopped Pitt's *** in their own house when Scott was an interim, there's no way we lose to them now.

except: if in late November it's 17 degrees in Pittsburgh, windy and snowing ... we could have some problems
Hurts their motion offense and precision-based game more than it hurts our team, with our front 7 and the presumed ability to play an extra guy in the box. Count me in for a slugfest between our defense and their offense.

We coming! JMO

Hurts their motion offense and precision-based game more than it hurts our team, with our front 7 and the presumed ability to play an extra guy in the box. Count me in for a slugfest between our defense and their offense.

They have a new OC, won't be the same offense. Their new OC (Shawn Watson) was the OC for Louisville with Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater the year they went 12-1. That 2013 Louisville squad never scored less than 20 points that year so we'll see how he does at Pitt in the first 11 games.

Advertisement

We coming! JMO

They have a new OC, won't be the same offense. Their new OC (Shawn Watson) was the OC for Louisville with Charlie Strong and Teddy Bridgewater the year they went 12-1. That 2013 Louisville squad never scored less than 20 points that year so we'll see how he does at Pitt in the first 11 games.
Oh. Did not know, obviously. I have legitimately only scouted FSU this summer. Haven't even looked at depth charts for other teams yet. Usually do that when the fall practice reports begin. Thanks for the info.

If I could neg myself, I would, so have at it.

It's hard to listen to someone that doesn't even know the returning starters on each side of the ball.

jesus wept

I read the supplemental articles after work today and was going to mention it in the OP, but you guys got it covered.

In working on 120 teams and their schedules, i can see there being a blip or two in the articles.
But to call our running game "great", with the assumption of Yearby as one of our backs, is inexcusable.

Last edited:
That **** doesn't make sense. How can we be 10-1 going into Pitt and lose to them lol. I just find that funny. My prediction for the season is if Miami beats fsu they finish 12-0, if they lose to FSU they go 9-3. We have seen what happens whenever they lose to FSU so I hope it doesn't happen this year.

It's real tough to win all the games, even when you have the better team. If we beat fsu, I can't see who we'd lose to but at least one loss is more likely than not, so I wouldn't assume we just cruise.

Your right it is hard to go undefeated and I probably sound like a homer saying that but if I think Miami sucks I'd say straight up Miami sucks. But if they do beat FSU it's just hard to picture another team that would beat Miami in my head. I'm really excited about this team and I also said last year before the FSU game that if they won that and they would've gone undefeated and I still stand by that.

I'm with you, if we beat fsu we shouldn't lose another game in the regular season. Then again Pitt shouldn't have beaten PSU or clem, so who knows.

Advertisement
I'm wanting wins against FSU and Clemson this year. Got some demons to exorcise.

Advertisement
There is no way UM will or can lose twice to FSU.

No way. I don't know about the rest - but we don't lose two times to FSU. We may lose once to FSU - but never twice.

We aint going to play them twice. 5-3 ACC, 6-2 at best IF we upset a UNC or VT, and avoid losing to a Pitt, GT, etc. I'm sticking with 8-4, 5-3 ACC

Agree, but we shouldn't be losing to teams like UNC either. Yet, even with a good coach...we did. Same with a putrid Notre Dame last year as well. You're absolutely right that we should beat Pitt, but to pretend we're gonna smack them around, but be challenged by UNC and Va. Tech doesn't make sense. All of those teams are on the same level as one another (maybe Va. Tech slightly better).

For all the posters overlooking Pitt, you really shouldn't. They beat Clemson and Penn State last year, and we have to go play them at their stadium in November, which, as per usual, will be awful conditions. I obviously know their roster is going to be different than last years but that doesn't matter, in my opinion. Should we beat them? Of course, but to laugh at the prospect that we might lose to them is stupid.

Pitt lost almost all of their heavy hitters to draft/graduation, they are in rebuild mode...no way we lose to Pitt

Advertisement
Back