FIU

RightSaidFred

Be cool, don’t be culo
If FIU beats Miami, it could be the moment when the torch is passed.

FIU has all the things Miami would need to compete in this day and age - a huge student population, an on-campus stadium, Butch Davis, etc.

They recruit the same area we do. They have a bigger alumni base in Miami. In a way, it would be more natural for them to take over as the dominant program in Miami.

The only thing they don't have is Miami's history from the 80's to the early 2000's. They don't have the brand. But brands can be built. And if UCF can rise from the scraps to the top, why not FIU?

Advertisement

FIU has all the things Miami would need to compete in this day and age - a huge student population, an on-campus stadium, Butch Davis, etc.

They recruit the same area we do. They have a bigger alumni base in Miami. In a way, it would be more natural for them to take over as the dominant program in Miami.

The only thing they don't have is Miami's history from the 80's to the early 2000's. They don't have the brand. But brands can be built. And if UCF can rise from the scraps to the top, why not FIU?
No one called FIU will be a power football program, but... if they rebrand as Miami State, they got a chance.

Advertisement
1571697424932.gif

While you were correct on them beating us wow have these 2 teams gone in different directions.

FIU is just plain terrible. They might not win another game this year.

You must be the same guy who recently said GR15 won't go in the first round. Oh wait....

LOL I smell some troll soup here.

With all the flopping they did last year, I want our team to beat the ever living dog**** out of them.

Advertisement
With all the flopping they did last year, I want our team to beat the ever living dog**** out of them.
Well you could just go back and watch the highlights from 2018 where we stomped them out of Hard Rock.

Even the 4th string bum(L. Lingard) that transferred to the Gayturds ran all over FIU that night. When they were getting on the busses after the game some of the FIU players were crying. They were some delicious tears.

Here's one thing FIU had last year that the Canes didn't - A south Florida kid Miami never looked at, Stantley Thomas-Oliver III, from Charlotte High in Punta Gorda - You may remember him as the corner that had the early interception that swung the momentum against us. He went in the 7th round, not only made the team but has already had a little playing time with the Carolina Panthers.

I'll say it again, the Canes haven't been in the position to pull the best from Dade-Broward for quite a long time, and there's a lot of good football played around the state. The Canes starting center a few years ago was from Venice, but IMO they don't put enough time or effort into recruiting SW/Suncoast Florida like some other programs do - don;t need to get on a plane, its a three hour drive. The athletes may not be as concentrated as a city like Miami, but if you watch high school games every Friday of the season like I do, you'll see your share of some of the best athletes in the state. See a lot of coaches come through, never recall seeing a Canes coach.
Stantley Thomas-Oliver.jpg

Here's one thing FIU had last year that the Canes didn't - A south Florida kid Miami never looked at, Stantley Thomas-Oliver III, from Charlotte High in Punta Gorda - You may remember him as the corner that had the early interception that swung the momentum against us. He went in the 7th round, not only made the team but has already had a little playing time with the Carolina Panthers.

I'll say it again, the Canes haven't been in the position to pull the best from Dade-Broward for quite a long time, and there's a lot of good football played around the state. The Canes starting center a few years ago was from Venice, but IMO they don't put enough time or effort into recruiting SW/Suncoast Florida like some other programs do - don;t need to get on a plane, its a three hour drive. The athletes may not be as concentrated as a city like Miami, but if you watch high school games every Friday of the season like I do, you'll see your share of some of the best athletes in the state. See a lot of coaches come through, never recall seeing a Canes coach.View attachment 136069
He was very good that night. Did we ever kick the tires with him? Who was his biggest offer?

Advertisement
While you were correct on them beating us wow have these 2 teams gone in different directions.

FIU is just plain terrible. They might not win another game this year.

You must be the same guy who recently said GR15 won't go in the first round. Oh wait....

LOL I smell some troll soup here.

Has Rousseau been picked in the 1st round yet? What did I miss?

Sit the **** down.

LOL - I was just reading other comments in a thread about the people that post here not being actual Miami fans, and not being very knowledgeable about football.

Here’s a bumped thread that proves it.

Somebody that actually thinks FIU could be a power like Miami was, ever, or even close, shows a total lack of any kind of knowledge of college football at all.

What a dumb post, what a dumb thread.

Good God put a stake through this thread’s heart.

He was very good that night. Did we ever kick the tires with him? Who was his biggest offer?
He started out as a WR that got converted - no Miami. But he was a kid that worked hard, good speed, great field presence and good grades, I've seen a couple of others who never even got a shot. I realize they can't recruit everyone, but when you look at some of the high profile guys like Sammy Watkins that Clemson pulled from over here - I'd think it be worth a little more attention given some of the strugles. Seems like the Big 10 likes this area, we sent a couple LBs that way. A few years ago, I saw a TE and DT that Miami offered over here, neither impressed me that much, never saw what happened to them - likely went elsewhere, but their names never showed up on the roster.

Advertisement
He started out as a WR that got converted - no Miami. But he was a kid that worked hard, good speed, great field presence and good grades, I've seen a couple of others who never even got a shot. I realize they can't recruit everyone, but when you look at some of the high profile guys like Sammy Watkins that Clemson pulled from over here - I'd think it be worth a little more attention given some of the strugles. Seems like the Big 10 likes this area, we sent a couple LBs that way. A few years ago, I saw a TE and DT that Miami offered over here, neither impressed me that much, never saw what happened to them - likely went elsewhere, but their names never showed up on the roster.
Sammy Watkins was bought and everybody wanted him.

We ahouls recruit Venice more though. **** they have 2 kids this year i would offer.

We got a Ft Myers commit in the class so thats a good start.

Sammy Watkins was bought and everybody wanted him.

We ahouls recruit Venice more though. **** they have 2 kids this year i would offer.

We got a Ft Myers commit in the class so thats a good start.
Those are good programs, Naples and Immokalee can put some kids out and there's a few school's up in Manatee county too. Then there's always the hot newer schools that the kids transfers to like in Dade, they change from year to year. A few years back the Canes recruited a DT form Dunbar, I watched him pretty close when we played him, had all the tools, but by the 4th was going through the motions - never saw who he he signed with. We had Mike Bellamy, blazer who also went to Clemson when Sammy did - kid's first college touch was a 75 yard TD, but he flamed out.

Advertisement
Back