FIU

First game I missed all year due to a work function. After looking through the thread and not watching it, I'll chime in with some overall thoughts...

Gates has really come on. He struggled at first and gets schooled by aces but he has really come on strong as a hitter as of late, and is a decent pitcher. His 2 way is nice but he's a better hitter than pitcher at this level imo.

Del Castillo is one of the best hitters in the country.

I think we will host a regional and get to Omaha.

We will take 2 of 3 if we don't sweep the purple turkeys.

Pcity out.

Advertisement
Bad news on the pitching for this weekend. We're really going to have to put up a bunch of runs to win this series. Sucks because we'd win this series easily with McKendry and McMahon in the rotation

Bad news on the pitching for this weekend. We're really going to have to put up a bunch of runs to win this series. Sucks because we'd win this series easily with McKendry and McMahon in the rotation

I figured as much with Keysor’s quick hook after just three innings. I doubt they will pitch next weekend against Bethune either.

The full DiMare press conference

-MRIs on McKendry and McMahon were clean
-Hopefully they will be back soon. Surgery can’t be ruled out, but it’s rest and rehab for now
-Zamora’s issue is pain while swinging not throwing
-No concussion for Gil, just waiting for the swelling to go down
-Tyler Paige has been injured, but will be back as soon as this weekend

Advertisement
First game I missed all year due to a work function. After looking through the thread and not watching it, I'll chime in with some overall thoughts...

Gates has really come on. He struggled at first and gets schooled by aces but he has really come on strong as a hitter as of late, and is a decent pitcher. His 2 way is nice but he's a better hitter than pitcher at this level imo.

Pcity out.

We have no healthy starting pitchers who can go 5 innings, and a pretty terrible bullpen. The fielding is also atrocious. It's fun to watch the hitting, but this isn't an Omaha team by a long shot.

Does anybody think Mc1 and Mc2 are pitching again this season? I don't.

From that press conference, I'd be pretty surprised if we dont get at least 1 back.

DiMare mentions them possibly returning vs Bethune, and the earlier injury report on McMahon was that he'd probably miss 1-2 starts.

From that press conference, I'd be pretty surprised if we dont get at least 1 back.

DiMare mentions them possibly returning vs Bethune, and the earlier injury report on McMahon was that he'd probably miss 1-2 starts.

Hope so. I've seen enough of these "no damage" arm injuries over the years to know they typically end up lingering and result in season ending.

Advertisement
Hope so. I've seen enough of these "no damage" arm injuries over the years to know they typically end up lingering and result in season ending.
Eric Erickson certainly springs to mind on that count. We need to be particularly careful with McKendry in his draft year.

Can we agree on one thing? If DiMare fails....its not like he doesn't present as a bad *** skipper. I was pretty impressed with that demeanor.

UM

Advertisement
****, VT is a team we could have swept...

They are a good team. Their RPI is 41. We should win 2, but it will not be easy. Losing are two best pitchers is brutal... We do not need them against Bethune, but hopefully they return for the series at Wake, Duke and the ACC tournament.

No midweek game next week so Slade, Van Belle, Keysor should start the next 6 games. Anything worse than 5-1 will be an epic fail.

Advertisement

Pcity out.
Del Castillo ACC numbers .289 4 hr 23 rbi's. The kid is going to be good but one of the best hitters in the country?

Del Castillo ACC numbers .289 4 hr 23 rbi's. The kid is going to be good but one of the best hitters in the country?

After watching what DiMare and Morris put on the field in 2017-18, .289 sure seems like it has to be among the best in the country.

No. Definitely not. He is not even remotely considered to be among the best in the country.

Next year's team should have among the highest batting averages in the country, though.

I spoke to scouts during the FSU series and they said few programs teach the fundamentals better than UM. They said that UM fell behind in some of the more innovative drills. Di Mare supposedly feels the burden of following two legends and is embracing these new innovations. I think they require more analytics, but they are finally using data pervasively.

No midweek game next week so Slade, Van Belle, Keysor should start the next 6 games. Anything worse than 5-1 will be an epic fail.

I don't know how you can say that. We have zero healthy starting pitchers that are capable of giving 5 quality innings in a weekend start. The pitching staff is in absolute shambles. We will need to outslug everybody for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
Back