Caught it on a Spook Jr top water lure.

IMG_0804.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mosquito Lagoon Redfish

27 inch slob

Caught it on a Spook Jr top water lure.

View attachment 277019
Water looks slick, did you sight cast em/see him finning?

Also yeah man tons of fisherman on this site there was a whole thread last summer:

As you might guess from my screen name, I fly fish in saltwater. the west coast water has been very cool and so the snook and reds are slow now. Trout still eat, but after a while they are nuisance fish. Poons on the way in a couple of months.

Advertisement
As you might guess from my screen name, I fly fish in saltwater. the west coast water has been very cool and so the snook and reds are slow now. Trout still eat, but after a while they are nuisance fish. Poons on the way in a couple of months.

Do you fly fish for Trout and what are poons? Tarpon?

Do you fly fish for Trout and what are poons? Tarpon?
I do very little freshwater/river fishing. The trout I mentioned are spotted seatrout. Tarpon are called poons by old time Floridians. The primary targets in Tampa Bay are Reds, Snook and Tarpon. We also catch jacks, pompano, mackerel, black drum, and small sharks.

Water looks slick, did you sight cast em/see him finning?

Also yeah man tons of fisherman on this site there was a whole thread last summer:

That particular fish actually crushed a top water lure right when it hit the water. Awesome sight!

Here’s another Red we caught 3 weeks ago where we saw some Reds tailing in about a foot of water. Sight casting for these fish is an incredible experience! This was caught on a root beer paddle tail lure in Mosquito Lagoon.

IMG_6525.jpeg

I do very little freshwater/river fishing. The trout I mentioned are spotted seatrout. Tarpon are called poons by old time Floridians. The primary targets in Tampa Bay are Reds, Snook and Tarpon. We also catch jacks, pompano, mackerel, black drum, and small sharks.

I haven’t fished that area much. I’ve
fished Port Charlotte once and had an incredible experience. Went out of St. Pete another time and caught a massive *** Fish. We estimated that it was 250lbs. We were about 30 miles offshore fishing an artificial reef. That was quite the experience. I grew up fishing in Key Largo fishing reefs, creeks and chasing Dolphin offshore so this type of fishing is fairly new to me but I absolutely love it!! We’re catching Speckled Trout, Snook Redfish and Black Drum. Got my first inshore slam on 1/31/23. So stoked!!

IMG_6772.jpeg

IMG_6777.jpeg

IMG_6791.jpeg

Advertisement
Anyone do any hunting? Is there a hunting off topic thread. Searched and couldn’t find? I hunted in Georgia as a kid but when I moved here when I was 12 it seemed no one down here did it and I did t have my grandpa around to take me anymore. Recently got back into it hunting hog out west of me on some public land.

But I just pulled a turkey tag for opening weekend out in Big Cypress. Gonna hit it hard and scout between now and then. But any local knowledge would be great. Thanks!

Finally got to go take the boat out yesterday. The weather has been terrible most of January so I was stoked to get back out on the water. Caught 2 small Snook a bunch of smaller Trout and a few decent sized Whiting.

But the highlight of the day was coming across this beast while he sunned himself on a bank. Biggest gator I’ve ever seen while out fishing. In Saltwater too! Had to be at least 10 ft. long!

IMG_7059.jpeg

Anyone do any hunting? Is there a hunting off topic thread. Searched and couldn’t find? I hunted in Georgia as a kid but when I moved here when I was 12 it seemed no one down here did it and I did t have my grandpa around to take me anymore. Recently got back into it hunting hog out west of me on some public land.

But I just pulled a turkey tag for opening weekend out in Big Cypress. Gonna hit it hard and scout between now and then. But any local knowledge would be great. Thanks!
Only been a handful of times but wanting to get into it more. Got my first deer right after Christmas.

Then my wife arranged for a friend of mine to take me deer hunting out on Ted Turner’s plantation in Jefferson County. Cool experience but didn’t get anything.

Advertisement
Only been a handful of times but wanting to get into it more. Got my first deer right after Christmas.

Then my wife arranged for a friend of mine to take me deer hunting out on Ted Turner’s plantation in Jefferson County. Cool experience but didn’t get anything.
**** yeah dude. Deer hunting is next on the list once I get hog hunting and turkey hunting down pat.

I just finished scouting Big Cypress today for the first time. That’s some wilderness right there man.

Advertisement
Back