First shoe to drop...

Advertisement
When capable guys like Escala are getting pushed out, you know we are on the verge.

Yup, hope so... we are loading up with a very talented team...

Lets just hope they can develop and show up on the field with better timely hitting

WE all assume that is the case, though I sure would like to know what he had to say...

UM

In the article Escala makes it clear its about playing time. He wants to go somewhere where he can start. He's not going to have any shot at getting drafted in his current role with the team. Cant blame him, he really doesnt have a chance to start next year absent injuries. And with Valdez coming in he might not even start here in 2020.

Best of luck to him. It's looking like our backup IF next season will be Tuero, Valdez, and probably one of Paige/Pollak

Advertisement
Anyone think Jenkins is gonna transfer too?

I dont see why he would, he'll likely be a starting OF next year given Hall's ACL injury. Unlikely Hall is ready for the start of the season and even when he's ready he might be limited to DH/pinch hitting next season

In the article Escala makes it clear its about playing time. He wants to go somewhere where he can start. He's not going to have any shot at getting drafted in his current role with the team. Cant blame him, he really doesnt have a chance to start next year absent injuries. And with Valdez coming in he might not even start here in 2020.

Best of luck to him. It's looking like our backup IF next season will be Tuero, Valdez, and probably one of Paige/Pollak

It's a good sign on our depth, but I really liked Escala's hustle, athleticism and attitude. Feel for the kid - best of luck to him. If he can cut down on the strikeouts, he'll help somebody.

Advertisement
Back