First Post: One Reason I Remain (Sort Of) Hopeful

Advertisement
I guess I’m in the mopes camp. Objectively, I look at results, past performance, trends. What I do for a living.

Mario Cristobal ‘es un payaso.’ The man can’t get let go and admit he needs help. He’s an OL coach and a fantastic recruiter, beyond that, he’s another coach. If he would allow himself to swallow pride, we could very well have an awesome product. However, until proven otherwise, Mario Cristobal is extremely overrated. And thus far, the portal has played him…

Mario said this was going to take some time. Look at Oregon, the years of recruiting he did there is bearing fruit now. It is gonna take a few years. We have to be patient.
Stop it, Oregon always recruited well to the point Mario was gifted on his only good QB He ever had

From Chip Kelly to SorryriO every HC had a winning %
IMG_1618.jpeg

So the suggestion would be that if we don't win 10 games, we should fire everyone and start fresh even though our win total has improved every season?

You expect we'd get a lot of good coaching candidates to take the job with the assumption that they have to win 10 games or they'll get fired too?

Took Dabo four seasons to get to 10 wins at Clemson and I think we'd all be pretty pleased if we followed that program's trajectory.

Don't get greedy.
He won't get fired if he gets 9 wins.

It is still a failure for 8 million per year.

So the suggestion would be that if we don't win 10 games, we should fire everyone and start fresh even though our win total has improved every season?

You expect we'd get a lot of good coaching candidates to take the job with the assumption that they have to win 10 games or they'll get fired too?

Took Dabo four seasons to get to 10 wins at Clemson and I think we'd all be pretty pleased if we followed that program's trajectory.

Don't get greedy.
Our win total DID NOT improve every season.

He went 5-7 in his first season after Danny Miaz went 7-5 in his last season at the U.

It took Mario 2 seasons to even have the same 7-5 season that got Miaz fired.

Mario is the worst HC that I’ve ever seen at the U, and it’s not even close. He makes Alfredo Folden and Shannon look like competent head coaches.

Advertisement
Our win total DID NOT improve every season.

He went 5-7 in his first season after Danny Miaz went 7-5 in his last season at the U.

It took Mario 2 seasons to even have the same 7-5 season that got Miaz fired.

Mario is the worst HC that I’ve ever seen at the U, and it’s not even close. He makes Alfredo Folden and Shannon look like competent head coaches.
Cool. Let's fire him.

Who should we bring in that is going to give us back-to-back Top 5 recruiting classes?

I'm not even trying to defend him. But if we keep cycling through coaches every two years, you are gonna be posting angry replies to these messages forever.

Advertisement
Mario is Mario. He ain’t changing his plan for anyone. That’s obvious. You can build the greatest line in history but without a great leader QB with skills behind them Miami will never even win the ACC.

what did TVD gain by leaving and why? he surely would have been QB1 going in to next season. Was he afraid of competition from the portal? Our offense this year was pathetic. I think TVD told the program , coaches and fans f€ck you.

I think he was waved good bye... after fooking up the season for everybody..

Oregon Team Composite rankings
2016 (Pre Mario)- 21st, 5⭐️-1, 4⭐️- 23
2017 (Pre Mario)- 23rd, 5⭐️-0, 4⭐️- 19
2018- 25th, 5⭐️-0, 4⭐️- 19
2019- 17th, 5⭐️-1, 4⭐️- 31
2020- 12th, 5⭐️-4, 4⭐️- 33
2021- 9th, 5⭐️-4, 4⭐️- 44

🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Cool. Let's fire him.

Who should we bring in that is going to give us back-to-back Top 5 recruiting classes?

I'm not even trying to defend him. But if we keep cycling through coaches every two years, you are gonna be posting angry replies to these messages forever.
Recruiting at a high level is great, but winning on the field is ultimately what counts. If he does not win big this next season, he will be on the hot seat.

Also, I’m not being negative. I’m stating facts. It’s just that the Mario enthusiasts cannot stand to hear the truth. He is a great recruiter, but a terrible game day coach that has a philosophy that does not work. Either he changes and adapts, or this will be his last head coaching job.

Advertisement
Back