First in the room last one to leave.

Advertisement
This is another good one:

“We’re trying to rebrand the receiver room. We’re trying to be defined by guys who work and compete every day, not just the guys we can sit around the table and say they’re talented.”

I will say I think Diaz has successfully identified the culture issues.

The question is, can he fix them?

Is usually a person who actually lives 24/7 in the room

Last edited:
Advertisement

“We’re trying to rebrand the receiver room. We’re trying to be defined by guys who work and compete every day, not just the guys we can sit around the table and say they’re talented.”

These things should have been addressed from day 1. He's been in the program 3 years. If this is something that's started this year then that's on him as well.

It's obvious to me Diaz has created/allowed this soft environment. IDK how all the sudden you demand something that you didn't demand on day1.

By "demanding" I mean there are clear consequences for bad actions and you follow through with appropriate punishment. Richt understood this and cut kids loose when they had severe or a multiple infractions.

Diaz is like the substitute teacher that nobody respects.

It all starts at the Quarterback room and filters down from there.Diaz has to remove the cancer as soon as possible If what we have read is true.

Advertisement
Diaz talks a big game but the fact he has been here four years and still hasn't fixed the problem is a little concerning. Even as a DC he could of went to Richt and tried to fix the issues. Now a year after a total collapse he is still spouting this "culture" crap.

How about you bust some heads in practice and weed out those not committed to the greater good.

I truly believe if this team is ever going to rise up again it will be from out of state kids who have more heart than talent. The kids in south florida have no dedication to anyone but themselves. Changing h.s. numerous times and committing/de-committing shows a lack of character.

Then leave after three years for the NFL because you knocked up a chick and cant afford the kid... We need kids who have their act together.

Diaz talks a big game but the fact he has been here four years and still hasn't fixed the problem is a little concerning. Even as a DC he could of went to Richt and tried to fix the issues. Now a year after a total collapse he is still spouting this "culture" crap.

How about you bust some heads in practice and weed out those not committed to the greater good.

I truly believe if this team is ever going to rise up again it will be from out of state kids who have more heart than talent. The kids in south florida have no dedication to anyone but themselves. Changing h.s. numerous times and committing/de-committing shows a lack of character.

Then leave after three years for the NFL because you knocked up a chick and cant afford the kid... We need kids who have their act together.
I don't disagree with your point but this past season was Diaz's first of doing it entirely his way... Not that it went well but he didn't have CMR to answer too... He made his mistakes throughout the season, we all saw it but he's doing what he can to correct it... I mean what else is he supposed to do?? If he wants to succeed as a HC he needs to start doing the things he's done so far during the offseason.... In the end it has to translate to the field... The team must get better...

Advertisement
Real leaders dont subscribe to this notion.
They have never been in classroom. You teach to the longest level or leave someone behind to become a trouble maker for lack of anything else to do. Years ago, I stupidly played tennis for exercise. A friend, my brother in law and myself paid a "pro" to each us but that turned into weekly doubles match on his backyard clay court. It was more fun that way. After about six months he fired US -- his game had gone down that bad. Hey, ours got someone better but not as much as his went down.

SeaQUOTE="nystateofmind, post: 4523993, member: 6299"]

[/QUOTE]
1st step. 11 more to go.....😆

just commenting on your post but could be any of them really - what choice do we have? give diaz a chance to fix the problems. people need to stop the negativity. if he can't improve this year he is gone.

Advertisement
I am giving him a chance. I understand he had one year as a HC and is making changes which is positive. I just wonder if he has been here for four years already and its still persists if Manny is at a loss on what to do with these young men.

I am giving him a chance. I understand he had one year as a HC and is making changes which is positive. I just wonder if he has been here for four years already and its still persists if Manny is at a loss on what to do with these young men.
we definitely have a culture problem. its been going on long before manny got here. they used to only leave when they got a round 1 or 2 grade. now we have guys leaving who aren't even getting drafted. we generally have a dumb locker room. need smarter more motivated players. a lot of strange negative influences surround this program that don't seem to permeate the programs that are winning.

Advertisement
Back