First four out?

Advertisement
We're a 9 seed in Lunardi's on ESPN and not one of the last 8 in, so I don't really think we're that close to the bubble. Jerry Palm and CBS have us as a 9. SB Nation has us as a 10 seed. Not sure what USA Today is smoking.

We will be right on the bubble come ACC tourney. Will need 2 wins to lock it up (as I've been saying since before the season started).

We will be right on the bubble come ACC tourney. Will need 2 wins to lock it up (as I've been saying since before the season started).

If we're 9-9, I don't think we do. 2 would make me not have to even watch it, but this isn't a normal year. 9-9 gets us in.

Advertisement
USA Today also posted another article yesterday in which they said a negative of Miami's resume was "no bad losses" and counted GT as a quality win (even though we haven't played yet) and failed to count VT as a quality win but counted Pitt instead. Their coverage is trash.

If we go 9-9, we could end up in the 8 vs 9 seed ACC game. If we lose, it's not a bad loss, but it's still winless in the ACC tourney with the loss likely coming to another bubble team. The next 4 weeks will be interesting.

That USA Today entire article was horrible. Had Cuse, WF, GT, VT all safely in with us OUT. And that was before VT won past 2 games. Many variables left to say exactly what we need but IMO as long as we hold serve rest of way we should be IN. The only downside is we finish with 4 games we're gonna be an Underdog in. Regradless of resume bad optics limping into Selection Sunday. We will likely need to at least one of those to stay on +side of bubble. That puts us at 9-9 in conf. If not leaves us 8-10 and likely needing at least 2 wins in ACCT. Right now I'd put our chances of making the tourney at 62%.

Advertisement

If we're 9-9, I don't think we do. 2 would make me not have to even watch it, but this isn't a normal year. 9-9 gets us in.

9-9 and a first round ACCT loss will knock us out.

Yep. 10-8 is necessary

No, this year it's not, but....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back