Fire Saban thread

CMR isn't Saban. He's not Golden either. Once we have an enormous talent advantage from recruiting, he'll win 9 games a year (maybe 10 once every 4 years or so). Those expecting more than that will likely be disappointed. Those thinking we got another Shannon/Coker/Golden because we suck again this year are being too pessimistic.

U just described Clappy.

I was thinking the same thing myself. You do realize he went 9-3 or better every year until the one he got fired after, right?

Advertisement
You're inventing **** just to post your dumb Saban nonsense. No one reasonable is calling for Rick to be fired after 7 games because it'll never happen.

People are rightfully sour with his inept and anemic offense and hope he fixes it instead of relying on ****** logic like "Saban went 7-6 so we are fine."

How many other HCs had bad first years and continued to be bad or mediocre? That number is probably far higher than ones who went 7-6 and then won 4 NCs.

You're probably right, but that's the case because most coaches are corches. Richt is not a corch.

Maybe he'll never be better than about 10-3. If that's the case then after about 7 years we can thank him for improving the team from the Shannon/Golden days, possibly setting the stage for the successor, and making the job more attractive. While we also send him the pink slip and tell him we want somebody who will win a NC.

CMR isn't Saban. He's not Golden either. Once we have an enormous talent advantage from recruiting, he'll win 9 games a year (maybe 10 once every 4 years or so). Those expecting more than that will likely be disappointed. Those thinking we got another Shannon/Coker/Golden because we suck again this year are being too pessimistic.

Saban wasnt Saban at that point in time.

It's also hilarious that the same obnoxious crew that crucified Butch from 1995-1999 STILL won't admit that they jumped the gun on him. Even though we lived through it ourselves, people somehow expect a new coach to jump in and fix everything right away. Because we've seen it happen so many times in college football........

What is funny is that the same people who said give the Larry, Moe and Curly, who followed Butch, time refuse to admit they could not read the handwriting on the wall. I will not blankly say Mark deserves more time. He needs to make some changes because he has made the better part of the team worse and ST sill suck. While defense has made remarkable turnaround. Hiring his son was big mistake. Self-created lightning rod for blame. Jon, OC and shoever is handling ST need to go and go fast. I like Kaaya but if he needs to be benched then do it -- but fire the coaches too.

U just described Clappy.

I was thinking the same thing myself. You do realize he went 9-3 or better every year until the one he got fired after, right?

CMR built Georgia into a solid program and has a long track record of being an extremely good recruiter. Coker inherited a Ferrari and crashed into a wall going 100 MPH. Coker isn't remotely comparable to CMR.

Advertisement
Back