FIRE BLAKE JAMES

He and Manny have burnt the program to the ground. He and Manny must be fired. Let Highsmith build a competent staff and someone else mess w the other sports he’s ruined. Fire them now!

This is incorrect. The BOT has burned this program to the ground. Actually, the program wasn't ever really there to begin with. We won 5 titles in spite of ourselves. Don't get me wrong, the AD and HC roles could be filled with better people, but we'd need to get lucky with a Butch-like hire to get back to the top because the foundation for success is not there because the BOT doesn't have athletic success high on the priority list. There are structural differences between us and the real big boys of the sport.

Advertisement
This is incorrect. The BOT has burned this program to the ground. Actually, the program wasn't ever really there to begin with. We won 5 titles in spite of ourselves. Don't get me wrong, the AD and HC roles could be filled with better people, but we'd need to get lucky with a Butch-like hire to get back to the top because the foundation for success is not there because the BOT doesn't have athletic success high on the priority list. There are structural differences between us and the real big boys of the sport.
This is mostly true, but in spite of our budget restrictions we were close under Richt.

Manny Diaz makes more money than Mario Cristobal.

Let that sink in.

Dan Enos was a top 5 paid coordinator in college football in 2019. According to this article, he was the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country @ 1.5 million.

We have plenty of $ to spend....we just don't know how to spend it.

The BOT have the final say. These are people that likely never sit down to watch an entire game of college football. People that likely can’t remember the last time they actually stepped foot inside a supermarket for grocery shopping.
nothing against wealthy people. But the world is a different place to them. Wealthy people sit on these boards and expect people like Blake to make the right choices and make money. Blake has a no brainer job cause adidas and the acc network make tons of money for the athletic department and all he has to do is show up to work and take the heat and blame and ticket sales are chump change compared to that money. The BOT spends time worrying about their own finances and corporations. Next they worry about all the endowment and research money for the school. Then they worry about little things like UM football. So while this program is a big part of our lives, it’s a little nuisance for these people and Blake shows them a balance sheet with millions coming in.
Our BOT and this program benefited from a geographic location filled with talent and far away from the eyes of the blue bloods. The internet and social media made China closer to Walmart and sofla talent closer to the rest of cfb.
The difference between a school like bama and UM is the level of interest and desire to win at the BOT level. Thats it.
A coach like saban or Meyer would demand a spending campaign of epic proportions that the BOT at um would not accept.
We’ve finally caught up to the coaching salaries but we’re still behind on a lot.
just YouTube facility tours of other schools compared to ours. The ipf is great. But our history isn’t showcased at the level that other schools do it with far less hardware and nfl players than we have. It’s a shame.

Advertisement
This is all smoke and mirrors to keep the pressure off the real idiots - the BOT.

Blake James never had the authority to hire a football AD who doesn't report to him. He could only ever have hired a lower-level chief of staff.

If we want a football AD, the university president or the board have to make that call.

Blame the BOT.

This is all smoke and mirrors to keep the pressure off the real idiots - the BOT.

Blake James never had the authority to hire a football AD who doesn't report to him. He could only ever have hired a lower-level chief of staff.

If we want a football AD, the university president or the board have to make that call.

Blame the BOT.

The BOT is just as much to blame, but it's been well documented already that some of the decisions have been Blake's doing....Manny in particular who WASN'T the BOT's first choice.

They are both incompetent ******* morons, don't get me wrong.

Someone explain to me how this ******* got hired in the first place, then do the impossible and explain to me how he still has a job.

He was the only dipsh!te standing around after Kirby Hocuntt fled the building and Donna chased off the Shermanator.

Advertisement
The BOT is just as much to blame, but it's been well documented already that some of the decisions have been Blake's doing....Manny in particular who WASN'T the BOT's first choice.

They are both incompetent ******* morons, don't get me wrong.

I agree that they're both incompetent morons.

James is the whipping boy and his being gone is almost inevitable at this point. You don't **** off rich and powerful trustees the way he has and survive for very long.

But our problems didn't start with Blake James, and they won't end with his firing. The entire administration is broken.

Should’ve happened after the GT loss. Fire him already and give the fans some ******* hope.
Should have happened after Diaz hire, but I’ll take it sooner than later. He spent no time finding a Richt replacement. Paid millions for Diaz’ buyout. His resume mimicked Golden and Shannon. An infant would have made a better hire.

I agree that they're both incompetent morons.

James is the whipping boy and his being gone is almost inevitable at this point. You don't **** off rich and powerful trustees the way he has and survive for very long.

But our problems didn't start with Blake James, and they won't end with his firing. The entire administration is broken.

He's part of the problem though, we need a strong AD in place to keep the BOT in check and away from the program.

Blake should be in marketing......or sanitation.

Yea I firmly believe Flake was hired by The troll to destroy this program and put all that wanted it in their place and Flake brought in a Nole to finish the job.

Advertisement
He's part of the problem though, we need a strong AD in place to keep the BOT in check and away from the program.

Blake should be in marketing......or sanitation.

Yep I'm with you on that.

I have zero faith that this admin, if they did fire Blake, would hire an AD worth a ****. Zero faith. But **** it, it can't get much worse.

Should have happened after Diaz hire, but I’ll take it sooner than later. He spent no time finding a Richt replacement. Paid millions for Diaz’ buyout. His resume mimicked Golden and Shannon. An infant would have made a better hire.

His resume was not close to Golden or Shannon. They seem like HOF coaches compared to Diaz. Shannon was a DC of a National Championship team and, had great defenses against great opponents. Also played in the league. Golden completely turned around Temple’s program and, had head coaching experiences. He also played in the league. Diaz was fired everywhere he worked and, came up with the turnover chain.

Advertisement
His resume was not close to Golden or Shannon. They seem like HOF coaches compared to Diaz. Shannon was a DC of a National Championship team and, had great defenses against great opponents. Also played in the league. Golden completely turned around Temple’s program and, had head coaching experiences. He also played in the league. Diaz was fired everywhere he worked and, came up with the turnover chain.

My point was, we fired them. The best school Golden could land was Temple and he didn't work out. Shannon's claim to fame was being the DC at the time of our head coach being on the downswing. The resumes are mimics. ie. who not to go with.

His resume was definitely worse than Golden’s, and probably worse than Shannon’s. Randy’s D in the 2006 fiasco was at least as good as Manny’s 2017 Miami D. (And that’s not even counting Shannon’s defenses with Butch’s players.) Except for 2004, the main reason for the decline in Coker’s later years was the offense.

Plus Shannon hadn’t done badly as a DC at another school-yet. (I know he flopped as UF DC in 2017, but that was still in the future.)

None of the last 5 coaches that have coached here have been able to land another P5 head coaching job. Wrap your head around that.

Even Muschamp landed on his feet after getting canned by Florida.

Advertisement
Back