Fire Al Golden, Really?

G

Glacava75

So, I understand that the man is a horrible coach and his loyalty to his friend is troubling since we are talking business. I also understand the desire for a new coach ( Butch, Stoops, Cristobal) but will that really happen with the salaries we pay. I also understand the statistics on winning against the top 25, D is still horrible, and the O line is moving backwards, but my argument is simple can we bring a top quality coach that can develop the unquestionable talent and WIN?

What truly needs to happen is that the AD needs some balls and replace all the assistant coaches for Golden. If Golden does NOT like it have him quit. Bring in an OC that understand his talent, bring a DC that can develop talented players, get rid of Kehoe, yes I understand he is the link to the past, but we need to move forward and make a new future for The U. Golden can continue recruiting at the high level he always does and let his assistant run the show. Don't start cussing me out and calling me names; Bowden, Coker, and even Mack Brown, were not great coaches but what a great set of assistants they had and each won National Championships!!

Just a thought, Alaways a Cane!!!

Advertisement
Golden is the problem. We are running his defense and he hired all assistants. Why does the AD need the balls to fire assistants? That's Golden's job but he is either too cowardly to do it or just too downright stupid to realize a change is needed.

Get this bum outta my face.

D Coordinator doesnt know how to mix things up and put at least 8 in the box. Blitz the read option. Force them in obvious 3rd down passing situations.

Advertisement
He hasn't changed in 3 years. This is not the first time we've been rushed on for over 300+. And he did not change and refused to make changes to his staff. His whole crew needs to go.

So, I understand that the man is a horrible coach and his loyalty to his friend is troubling since we are talking business. I also understand the desire for a new coach ( Butch, Stoops, Cristobal) but will that really happen with the salaries we pay. I also understand the statistics on winning against the top 25, D is still horrible, and the O line is moving backwards, but my argument is simple can we bring a top quality coach that can develop the unquestionable talent and WIN?

What truly needs to happen is that the AD needs some balls and replace all the assistant coaches for Golden. If Golden does NOT like it have him quit. Bring in an OC that understand his talent, bring a DC that can develop talented players, get rid of Kehoe, yes I understand he is the link to the past, but we need to move forward and make a new future for The U. Golden can continue recruiting at the high level he always does and let his assistant run the show. Don't start cussing me out and calling me names; Bowden, Coker, and even Mack Brown, were not great coaches but what a great set of assistants they had and each won National Championships!!

Just a thought, Alaways a Cane!!!

So what u are saying is that if you own a company, your supervisor/ director etc doesnt have responsibilities and accountability decisions to make? Hence, bad employee termination will be conducted by the owner as well?
dude, **** out of here with this non- sense, Golden
is the one that needs to grow some BALLS!!'

Golden is a puppet!! Our fierced leader at this moment!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would he change? He thinks it's getting better.

that's the scary/pathetic/laughable part

at least shannon knew the jig was up after a while and realized he was in over his head. folden just keeps pumping sunshine up everyone's butts with no results.

After loss to Maryland in September 2011 - "We've got to pressure the QB, stop the run, get off the field on third down, stop with crucial turnovers and stop missing tackles. It starts with me."

After loss to Nebraska in September 2014 - "We've got to pressure the QB, stop the run, get off the field on third down, stop with crucial turnovers and stop missing tackles. It starts with me."

Fck you and your scapegoating approach. Year 4. It's all him. If he was going to scapegoat his DC he should have done it any point in the last 3 years where we were languishing in the 100s in defensive rankings.

Advertisement
Randy Shannon (a guy who spilled sweat and blood for UM, was an assistant here and won the Broyles' Award here) got four years. Why should this guy (who wanted to flee to Ped State 9 months ago) get more time than Randy did? Things that make you go hmmm....

Golden is the problem. He knew what his friend is capable of and failed to address the issue in the off-season.

He has preached stability and continuity even though everything they're doing isn't working. The players aren't going to miracuosly learn the scheme any better. The problem is being out numbered at the point of attack and not adjusting. Abdullah was gashing us we still had the safeties 20 yds off the line. The ******* announcers were taking him to task, but no adjustment. Golden is so afraid of the big pass play he would rather get killed slowly all night long.

Randy Shannon (a guy who spilled sweat and blood for UM, was an assistant here and won the Broyles' Award here) got four years. Why should this guy (who wanted to flee to Ped State 9 months ago) get more time than Randy did? Things that make you go hmmm....
Exactly. Shannon was a UM man through and through and got dumped unceremoniously like a bag of trash. Folden tried to pull a Bobby Irsay and bolt in the middle of the night and has done nothing but fail, and the limp wristed UM fake fans want to give him more time.

Even if it's subtle and some guys don't even realize what they're doing it's clearly evident what's going on here with fans and media who are still giving Folden chance after chance and had no such forgiveness for a UM man in Shannon.

Advertisement
Exactly. Shannon was a UM man through and through and got dumped unceremoniously like a bag of trash. Folden tried to pull a Bobby Irsay and bolt in the middle of the night and has done nothing but fail, and the limp wristed UM fake fans want to give him more time.

Even if it's subtle and some guys don't even realize what they're doing it's clearly evident what's going on here with fans and media who are still giving Folden chance after chance and had no such forgiveness for a UM man in Shannon.

It is amazing how fervently everyone wanted to get rid of a man who bled orange and green and actually accomplished things for UM, but we don't see that same fervent blood lust for a Ped State guy who was dying to leave us for his Alma Mater and was crushed when they spurned him for a real coach. We see what's going on here, I just hope media types like Jason Whitlock see it as well.

will be interesting to see what happens after Jameis Winston bends us over and violates us (for the 2nd time) like he did to that girl. Folden will then be 0-4 against FSU...

What truly needs to happen is that the AD needs some balls and replace all the assistant coaches for Golden. If Golden does NOT like it have him quit.

no. i don't see how it's so hard to understand that if an athletic director goes over a coach's head and fires a coordinator for performance-related reasons, no head coach will ever want to work here. he can put pressure on him to make changes, but blake james would be stupid to fire d'onofrio and/or directly.

Advertisement
Back