Finally Admit Lanning > Mario

Yeah my names on the list.

I was right.

Mario sucked *** the first few years. Made things extremely difficult for no reason.

We were correct in noticing it.

Your blind homerism isn't impressive.

Mario also lucked out getting Cam Ward at the last second. Otherwise it was a battle between Poffenbarger and Emory Williams.

Since that spark of luck, he's been drastically better.

He's significantly raised the quality of play, and simultaneously raised the expectations that I will be holding him, his staff, and his players to.
Mario didn't suck, the players he inherited did. C'mon now.
 
Mario didn't suck, the players he inherited did. C'mon now.
Both are true.

His first few coordinators were horrible hiring decisions.

The play calling he directed/allowed was awful.

His game management was terrible.

He's improved in all 3. Still has things to improve on. I'm hoping that this year he can sweep the ACC and secure an autobid into the ACCCG.
 
Everyone on the list:

20261010_210002_EDD1C9FE-D5A2-4A73-BC57-E1E24970CF8F.png
 
Both are true.

His first few coordinators were horrible hiring decisions.

The play calling he directed/allowed was awful.

His game management was terrible.

He's improved in all 3. Still has things to improve on. I'm hoping that this year he can sweep the ACC and secure an autobid into the ACCCG.
Mario's only problem at Miami is 3 seasons removed. Tyler Van Dyke.
 
Yeah my names on the list.

I was right.

Mario sucked *** the first few years. Made things extremely difficult for no reason.

We were correct in noticing it.

Your blind homerism isn't impressive.

Mario also lucked out getting Cam Ward at the last second. Otherwise it was a battle between Poffenbarger and Emory Williams.

Since that spark of luck, he's been drastically better.

He's significantly raised the quality of play, and simultaneously raised the expectations that I will be holding him, his staff, and his players to.
Keep digging that grave.
 
Yeah my names on the list.

I was right.

Mario sucked *** the first few years. Made things extremely difficult for no reason.

We were correct in noticing it.

Your blind homerism isn't impressive.

Mario also lucked out getting Cam Ward at the last second. Otherwise it was a battle between Poffenbarger and Emory Williams.

Since that spark of luck, he's been drastically better.

He's significantly raised the quality of play, and simultaneously raised the expectations that I will be holding him, his staff, and his players to.
OP was November 2024. We were well past the lumps of 2022 and the frustrations of 2023.

The Syracuse loss sucked, but the feeling that "Lanning > Mario" in late 2024 was just wrong. An emotion-driven overreaction to the moment that ignored the program's progress from 2022->2024.
 
In all fairness, Mario has rehabbed himself in the last 3 seasons. He has learned to stay out of the play calling, and even hired a guy to keep track of the clock management duties last season.

It seems that since the playoffs last season, he also is getting better at knowing the pulse of the players and the game flow. All huge improvements.

I always said that he was a **** of a C.E.O., and an incredible recruiter…and that if he ever fixed his flaws, he could win multiple championships at Miami. If you don’t believe me, check the numerous threads over the years where I said as much. @RVACane and others can vouch for me.

Context is key.
I guess the MarioBros wanna keep doing what they did notwithstanding the number of people quoted there who’ve owned up to a number of things relating to Mario, however, some of these MarioBro guys act like it was all good from day 1. It wasn’t. Mario turned over two staffs to some degree because of bad hires. He got it right after that. But ok, keep on 🤦🏻‍♂️
 
Back
Top